Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat app issues.

Comments

• @espiegel123 i think it has worked. After Soft Drummer gobbled up 60% of my battery I did a soft reboot, opened SD then AUM. Closed them both and the battery didn’t drain. Did the same with SD and Cubasis and still good.
    I feel like my kids have come home.
    Thank you!
    Just gotta remember to open Lumbeat apps first.
    I hope I can help someone else out the way you have helped me.

• @rud said:
    @espiegel123 i think it has worked. After Soft Drummer gobbled up 60% of my battery I did a soft reboot, opened SD then AUM. Closed them both and the battery didn’t drain. Did the same with SD and Cubasis and still good.
    I feel like my kids have come home.
    Thank you!
    Just gotta remember to open Lumbeat apps first.
    I hope I can help someone else out the way you have helped me.

Great! It took me a while to realize that was going on. It can happen with quite a few other IAA apps too. Some are smart and stop processing audio when they have been idle but others don't. Sometimes, if a host launches an app - it doesn't even show up in the list of recent apps when you double-tap home.

• Funny, I was just trying I bassist and funk drummer tonight and couldn’t get anything to work right

• @audiobussy said:
    Funny, I was just trying I bassist and funk drummer tonight and couldn’t get anything to work right

What wasn’t working?

• @espiegel123 Handy info, thanks. I've noticed that GTL doesn't show when double clicking home if I launched it from within AUM.
    I'll remember to launch it first in future as that's probably a big battery drain too.

• Oh dear, accidentally opened a Cubasis project without realising it had a Soft Drummer track. Didn’t actually press play or click into SD, just quietly closed the project and moved on. Pick the iPad up a few hours later and there’s no battery.
    I have 4 Lumbeat apps and they’re in most of my Cubasis projects. If I need to open all 4 each time before I start a session then I’ll probably just not use them. Either that or I need to do a soft reset every time I finish doing something,
    I really hope for a positive reply to my Lumbeat email...

• @rud said:
    Oh dear, accidentally opened a Cubasis project without realising it had a Soft Drummer track. Didn’t actually press play or click into SD, just quietly closed the project and moved on. Pick the iPad up a few hours later and there’s no battery.
    I have 4 Lumbeat apps and they’re in most of my Cubasis projects. If I need to open all 4 each time before I start a session then I’ll probably just not use them. Either that or I need to do a soft reset every time I finish doing something,
    I really hope for a positive reply to my Lumbeat email...

Just remember to power cycle your iPad after you end a session. A soft reset might work, too but am not sure.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=hard_and_soft_reset

• Thanks for the link @espiegel123, seems I have been using the wrong terminology. I have been using the hard reset (power and home button until it restarts). Just learnt about memory reset as well from the link.
    It’s odd that it has only started this week and I updated to 14.3 a while back.
    I will persevere. Thanks for your help.

• @espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:
    Funny, I was just trying I bassist and funk drummer tonight and couldn’t get anything to work right

What wasn’t working?

Couldn’t get Ibassist and funk drummer to play in sync nicely and to respond to start and stop commands in Auria

• @LuisMartinez , is anybody able to use MIDI with funk drummer or Rock drum machine? I want to use rozetta XOX inAUM to drive these drums but nothing works...I fiddled with the midi routing , I made sure channel is 1 , changed the mappings to all available options , enabled the Sound Module .....but not a single peep ...
    How to configure for external MIDI triggering of the drums? I did ask the question on the Lumpbeat forum also but no response and no videos or helpful information on the documentation.

Anybody got it successfully working with external MIDI triggers for all sounds ?

• With iBassist, I’m unable to send more than a single chord note to another app via Midi. Export works correctly. I’ve tried multiple combinations of the available settings in the midi settings page without success. I’ve confirmed with midi monitor.

• @audiobussy said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:

What wasn’t working?

Couldn’t get Ibassist and funk drummer to play in sync nicely and to respond to start and stop commands in Auria

How did you have them set up? What sync method?

I don't use iBassist much, but I've never had a problem with the LUMBeats drummer apps stopping/starting.

Do you have the problem if you use just the drummer app?

• @espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:

What wasn’t working?

I don't use iBassist much, but I've never had a problem with the LUMBeats drummer apps stopping/starting.

iBassist is the least predictable. I will try to incorporate some of the suggestions listed above

• @audiobussy said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:

@espiegel123 said:

@audiobussy said:

What wasn’t working?

iBassist is the least predictable. I will try to incorporate some of the suggestions listed above. Thanks!

• Anyone able to get latest version of AUM and Lumbeat apps to work together I cant get Future Drummer, Soft Drummer or Rock Drummer to work within AUM. No sound comes out even though it looks like it’s connected fine and the number of bars is ticking over :(

Works fine in cubasis 3 and Audiobus.

• @Outtram said:
    Anyone able to get latest version of AUM and Lumbeat apps to work together I cant get Future Drummer, Soft Drummer or Rock Drummer to work within AUM. No sound comes out even though it looks like it’s connected fine and the number of bars is ticking over :(

Works fine in cubasis 3 and Audiobus.

On my iPad 11 2020, iPadOS 14.4, Rock + Soft + Funk + Future + Mid East drummers : everything's ok 👍🏻

• So I had my buffer setting set to 2024 in AUM and this was causing it. Super weird. Thanks @Gratouilli for having a look for me :)

• Sometimes these Martinez apps have a mind of their own. I’ll have a project open with IBassist and either Rock or Soft drummer in AUM and it’s 50/50 hit or miss whether things will work or not.

It seems totally random where either of the apps (iBassist OR any of the drum apps) will just stop putting out any audio at all, or will just stop responding to any A-link transport commands.

I keep trying different combinations of starting everything up like opening the IAA apps first, then load AUM and then add the IAA apps one by one in the AUM channels while they’re running in the background, OR just load AUM first and open the apps through AUM.

Either way, kinda sketchy and unreliable… not good!

Anyone have any workarounds or tricks or tips before I give up on Martinez and these apps? I mean, I love these apps when they’re working as they should! but my patience is wearing very thin with these. All I want to do is make music, not troubleshoot technical issues!

@LuisMartinez ?

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Sometimes these Martinez apps have a mind of their own. I’ll have a project open with IBassist and either Rock or Soft drummer in AUM and it’s 50/50 hit or miss whether things will work or not.

It seems totally random where either of the apps (iBassist OR any of the drum apps) will just stop putting out any audio at all, or will just stop responding to any A-link transport commands.

I keep trying different combinations of starting everything up like opening the IAA apps first, then load AUM and then add the IAA apps one by one in the AUM channels while they’re running in the background, OR just load AUM first and open the apps through AUM.

Either way, kinda sketchy and unreliable… not good!

Anyone have any workarounds or tricks or tips before I give up on Martinez and these apps? I mean, I love these apps when they’re working as they should! but my patience is wearing very thin with these. All I want to do is make music, not troubleshoot technical issues!

@LuisMartinez ?

I’ve had the same frustration, to the point I’ve largely abandoned using ibassist with any of the lumbeat drums, although I still use the drum machines on their own in AUM. Drum perfect player doesnt always work either, and Drumgenius isnt IAA or AU.
    Patterning and Drumjam are also showing their age.

• Softdrummer and Jazz Drummer have been reliable for me under iOS 13.7. I don't use iBassist.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Softdrummer and Jazz Drummer have been reliable for me under iOS 13.7. I don't use iBassist.

Same here

• Thanks guys, at least I know it’s not just me.

• Dear people of the forum, does any one of the Lumbeat drum apps have a manual? Or are they universally missing?

Thanks.

• I have ibassist and reggae drummer
    I see no manual

• I find these apps fairly easy to figure out. The Lumbeat website has some info and probably the closest thing to a manual there is. http://www.lumbeat.com/

• edited June 2021

@yowza said:
    I find these apps fairly easy to figure out. The Lumbeat website has some info and probably the closest thing to a manual there is. http://www.lumbeat.com/

I think the nearest thing to a manual is from the link from the Lumbeat site you listed to Rock Drum Machine:

rockdrummachine.com/tutorial_basic.html

• For me Lumbeats and Cubasis don’t play well together at all. I can only record a straight beat, any editing or jamming changes on the fly glitch out.

• Lumbeat apps aren’t appearing in AUM or Cubasis 2 menus ( have bought them) and do not work in Audiobus though they appear in the input menu.

• @mikeb said:
    Lumbeat apps aren’t appearing in AUM or Cubasis 2 menus ( have bought them) and do not work in Audiobus though they appear in the input menu.

Are you sure you are looking for them in the IAA apps list and not the AUv3 list?

Have you always had problems with them?

What OS version are you running?

• Worked with Rock Drummer tonight... interapp, of course. They actually are working better for me these days.