Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

Comments

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Just bought it. I must admit that having bought version 2 only 3 months again makes me a little bit sad.

I have also to consider that in pc I’ve bought Cubase version 9.5 (or something similar) and one week later exit version 10 and I ended up upgrading😂😂

Your timing is wrong!

Jokes apart, as for Cubase, there is usually a free grace period upgrade and you should have been covered under that for v10.

• edited December 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    @LFS

WOW! Talk about raising the bar. This is awesome, beautiful in so many ways and definitely not just an update. Congrats to the crew who have obviously been very busy. Worth every penny and more.

Would love some back of the napkin insight into this bar raising. Mostly prettiness or features? (although, I do actually consider prettiness a feature :)...

Hmmm, well I guess it is a sum of the parts thing. Reordering AUfx feels like I got out of prison. Having higher precision of clip editing feels like I have eyes of the eagle. The new automation screen/menu feels like I am not punch drunk.. the file system is nice having folders and moving files around, oh my, big projects await! it just all feels like a nicely cooked gumbo in grandmas backyard on a nice summers day now and not a cafeteria on campus at a school where everyone hates me. What a lovely table cloth!

• @LFS Congrats to all the Cubasis 3 team for this! 👍

Re bluetooth audio, I’ve just updated to the latest version of Cubasis2 and if it’s the same as 3 (I haven’t bought it yet) then there may be a bug when loading a different project after already connecting to Bluetooth headphones/speakers. To replicate the bug, which disconnects the BT device, just load a different project - You can fix this by going back to Cubasis’s Audio setup and reconnecting the Bluetooth device, just a bit annoying to have to do so.

Thanks for reading, wishing you all the best! 😺🎸🌈

• edited December 2019

@wim said:
    I think I got LE for free with some hardware purchase, then the upgrade for insanely cheap in a sale. So, I’ve no reason to complain.

Same boat here. Got a 2 LE license packaged with some other purchase and upgraded to FFS via IAP as the app was good and I already owned 2 LE -- why spend more for the same thing? But it's not the same thing! But that's not clear at the outset. I always thought it was weird that the app displayed an LE home screen icon even after I had basically paid for a functional 2 version albeit via an 'upgrade path' -- now I get it.

IMO, regardless of whether the app is great or not, this is shady business by Steinberg in much the same manner as IK Multimedia and Positive Grid -- both infamous for highly opaque cross/upgrade systems on certain apps. Welcome to the club, Steinberg.

But perhaps the blame can be shifted to Apple. What would I know? I'm just a consumer.

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    @LFS

WOW! Talk about raising the bar. This is awesome, beautiful in so many ways and definitely not just an update. Congrats to the crew who have obviously been very busy. Worth every penny and more.

Would love some back of the napkin insight into this bar raising. Mostly prettiness or features? (although, I do actually consider prettiness a feature :)...

Hmmm, well I guess it is a sum of the parts thing. Reordering AUfx feels like I got out of prison. Having higher precision of clip editing feels like I have eyes of the eagle. The new automation screen/menu feels like I am not punch drunk.. the file system is nice having folders and moving files around, oh my, big projects await! it just all feels like a nicely cooked gumbo in grandmas backyard on a nice summers day now and not a cafeteria on campus at a school where everyone hates me. What a lovely table cloth!

Brilliant :) If our friend @LFS doesn't use this for their marketing somehow then the Steinbergians are missing a trick.

• edited December 2019

@lfs Thanks for the update, fwiw i am noticing a few annoying things in the app on my 2018 USB-C IPad Pro:
    . Quite a few crackles on the audio side of things during playback at different times.
    . Timing gets off when you use time stretching on a track. I brought in some drums, time stretched them. Tried one at 100% to my bpm, and another copy/pasted and adjusted to 50% speed...put iPad aside for an hour, grabbed dinner, and when i came back to the project, my whole scene timing was all wonky...sounded awful. Thankfully the last saved scene was preserved so i could keep my original timing on my track.
    . Guess what I’m saying above is that i think the time stretching of a track is affecting the whole scene if you mess around with the timing too much.
    . The app tends to crash and restart if i place it in the background to do other things like read this great AB forum 😁 (yes, i have background audio on).
    . For some reason when i add a new midi instrument, it dupes the previous midi instrument. Is this intentional?
    . KB-1 Keyboard from Kai Aras doesn’t work as a midi effect on any instruments for me...so I’m stuck with the internal Cubasis keyboard and pads.
    . When I’m playing my project, and add an internal fx, i get a little crackle and pop while it loads
    . Factory from SugarBytes was getting dropped from playback at times...had to reload the project to bring it back.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers 👊🏼™️

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@Vaultnaemsae said:
    IMO, regardless of whether the app is great or not, this is shady business by Steinberg in much the same manner as IK Multimedia and Positive Grid -- both infamous for highly opaque cross/upgrade systems on certain apps. Welcome to the club, Steinberg.

But perhaps the blame can be shifted to Apple. What would I know? I'm just a consumer.

I definitely wouldn’t call it shady business. They’re working within limitations they didn’t create. You’re implying dishonesty for their own gain. You’re also assuming they won’t make it right even if they can when Cubasis LE 3 comes out. They’ve already said they’d investigate whether it’s possible, and have been upfront in saying that they may not be able to make that happen.

It’s fine to be unhappy about it, and definitely fine to complain. That characterization is unfair though. IMO.

I still have the product I paid for, and every IAP as well. I’m not forced to buy Cubasis 3 (and won’t if the IAPs don’t transfer with the LE3 release). I see no reason to complain about anything for my own part.

• Hi there guys.this is a little test I made In Cubasis 3 with group tracks.
    Pretty Awesome. you can also rename the group as you would with a normal track.

If anyone is on IPad Pro 11 or any iPad on iPadOS 13.3 or lower, could you please check this for me?
    Launch Cubasis
    Open a project
    use the iPads main volume control to adjust the volume of your iPad, does it work or Cubasis 3 ignores the command?
    You can see this issue at the beginning of my video.

• I’m grabbing this as soon as funds aren’t as tight. The universal option alone is worth it for me

• edited December 2019

@LFS A solid performer for years without equal on the iPad and now on iPhone...EXCELLENT!

Great decision to offer Cubasis 2 at reduced cost with IAPs. IMO pricing for C3 is within iOS DAW limits.

PS
    Steinberg Cubasis -IMO- represents a model developer delivering value and quality. Bugs and crashes are few and UI, UX, first rate over every contender. (BRING BACK TIMELINE SCRUBBING, PLEASE...and add midi if possible. See Multitrack Studio for a perfect example in operation.)

Auria could give it a run but it is falling behind and becoming a special use only app.

• PSS The minisampler is hobbled at present. (Hoping for multi-velocity layers)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Paa89 said:

@LFS said:

@Paa89 said:
    But I find that you can drag and drop midi files from Media Bay on to Audio unit tracks.
    When you try to, it rather creates a new midi track

Hi @Paa89,

Gave it a short try.
    Drag & drop of a MIDI file to a MIDI track (here assigned to Model D) works as expected.

Where does it fails at your end?

Thanks
    Lars

Just jested with Model D same issue
    Here you go Lars, iOS 13.3 iPad Pro 11

Also how do we transfer the IAP, I’ve tried when I tap on transfer, it sends me to AppStore and shows Cubasis, if I open Cubasis, nothing happens
    Oh yeah no more panic button? How do we stop audio that keeps playing even when we tap on stop?
    Audio Unit instruments midi out is not working I think.i loaded DigiStix tried to record midi into Cubasis using DigiStix pad but I wont record no data, also tried with Sunrizer.
    There also seems to be no way to create new MiniSampler Instruments

Panic has moved, it’s now in the MIDI routing.

Thanks very much for the help

• Thanks @Paa89

The 'group tracks' feature is very handy.

@LFS congrats with the v3 release. And thanks for being here to answer our questions.

• In Cubasis 2 you can zoom into a wave file, but even if the grid is off the play head jumps and is not smooth at the most zoomed in view, the update to cubasis 2 has not fixed this - I wondered if this is resolved in cubasis 3? For me this would be a great improvement, but I would like to be sure thanks.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@Oneskseno said:
    Nice that Cubasis 3 is out. Not so nice that I bought the Cubasis 2 a week ago for full price :(

But, if it as you said, just a week ago you bought Cubasis 2.x you are able to make an refund from Appstore, and get your money back...

Really? That'd be awesome. I could always try, but doubt that refund would be granted, seeing as this is considered a different program.

• edited December 2019

Potentially radical suggestion...

Can we not just retire the LE versions, help users who purchased any previous Steinberg apps with a bundle to upgrade to full Cubasis 3, and then let the developers focus all their efforts on one 'core' product?

for example...
    Make a bundle for $70 that includes Cubasis LE 2, Cubasis 2, and Cubasis 3 - then make it absolutely clear that support for ver2 apps is ceasing. Apple will discount from the bundle price whatever the user previously paid for either of the apps included, which will probably mean they also receive a slight discount on the C3 upgrade.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Oneskseno said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Oneskseno said:
    Nice that Cubasis 3 is out. Not so nice that I bought the Cubasis 2 a week ago for full price :(

But, if it as you said, just a week ago you bought Cubasis 2.x you are able to make an refund from Appstore, and get your money back...

Really? That'd be awesome. I could always try, but doubt that refund would be granted, seeing as this is considered a different program.

Yes, you’ll get an instant refund just for asking (use that to upgrade)

• When export my projects from Cubasis 2.8 to Cubasis 3 and open them in Cubasis 3, the app crashes. Aren´t the projects compatible with Cubasis 3?

• @MobileMusic said:

@Oneskseno said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

@Oneskseno said:

Yes, you’ll get an instant refund just for asking (use that to upgrade)

Oh nice! Requested a refund and seems that it went without a hitch. 5-7 days to get the money back.

Ah, sh*t, guess I'll have to request refund for the IAPs as well as Cubasis 2 was needed for the transfer.

• @robklotzby said:
    When export my projects from Cubasis 2.8 to Cubasis 3 and open them in Cubasis 3, the app crashes. Aren´t the projects compatible with Cubasis 3?

Hi @robklotzby,

Thank you for your message.

Normally, it should work fine to import Cubasis 2 projects with Cubasis 3.
    Due to the diversity of projects, things can fail in some cases.

Please give it a try to load the project(s) a few times, to check if it works to load them after a few attempts.
    From there they should load permanently with Cubasis 3.

Please keep me updated.

Best,
    Lars

• @Pierre118 said:
    Thanks @Paa89

The 'group tracks' feature is very handy.

@LFS congrats with the v3 release. And thanks for being here to answer our questions.

Thanks!

• @AmpApps said:
    PSS The minisampler is hobbled at present. (Hoping for multi-velocity layers)

Hi @AmpApps,

The edit page is planned to be added with a free update.

Best,
    Lars

• @AmpApps said:
    @LFS A solid performer for years without equal on the iPad and now on iPhone...EXCELLENT!

Great decision to offer Cubasis 2 at reduced cost with IAPs. IMO pricing for C3 is within iOS DAW limits.

PS
    Steinberg Cubasis -IMO- represents a model developer delivering value and quality. Bugs and crashes are few and UI, UX, first rate over every contender. (BRING BACK TIMELINE SCRUBBING, PLEASE...and add midi if possible. See Multitrack Studio for a perfect example in operation.)

Auria could give it a run but it is falling behind and becoming a special use only app.

Thanks!

• @Vaultnaemsae said:

@wim said:

Not happy to read this.

As previously mentioned, Cubasis LE 3 is planned to be release at the end of March 2020.
    In addition, we will check if we're able to include a similar option to transfer IAPs (such as the Waves bundle, Classic Machines etc.).

Best wishes,
    Lars

• Dear all,

Thank you very much for all your comments so far - be it positive or critical!
    After all these years, it is still a great joy exchanging with open minded people like you

For those of you who has purchase Cubasis 3 already, we hope you enjoy the new app!
    If you do, it would be of great help if you could leave us a rating in the App Store.

Thanks again,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@robklotzby said:
    When export my projects from Cubasis 2.8 to Cubasis 3 and open them in Cubasis 3, the app crashes. Aren´t the projects compatible with Cubasis 3?

Hi @robklotzby,

Thank you for your message.

Normally, it should work fine to import Cubasis 2 projects with Cubasis 3.
    Due to the diversity of projects, things can fail in some cases.

Please give it a try to load the project(s) a few times, to check if it works to load them after a few attempts.
    From there they should load permanently with Cubasis 3.

Please keep me updated.

Best,
    Lars

Ok, I will. One more question, is ist possible to do a bulk transfer, or do I have to share them one by one?

• @robklotzby said:
    Ok, I will. One more question, is ist possible to do a bulk transfer, or do I have to share them one by one?

Hi @robklotzby,

You can give it a try to transfer them in one go via the Files app.
    However, I'd recommend to do it piece by piece. But it should work...

Best,
    Lars

• @Vaultnaemsae said:

@wim said:
    I think I got LE for free with some hardware purchase, then the upgrade for insanely cheap in a sale. So, I’ve no reason to complain.

Same boat here. Got a 2 LE license packaged with some other purchase and upgraded to FFS via IAP as the app was good and I already owned 2 LE -- why spend more for the same thing? But it's not the same thing! But that's not clear at the outset. I always thought it was weird that the app displayed an LE home screen icon even after I had basically paid for a functional 2 version albeit via an 'upgrade path' -- now I get it.

It’s no different to Auria either.

• LFSLFS
    edited December 2019

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I’m grabbing this as soon as funds aren’t as tight. The universal option alone is worth it for me

Our team did phenomenally great, rethinking the app, in making it useable and work on the iPhone.
    This feature alone took us very long time to plan, discuss, design and realise.
    Plus it is customisable thanks to the UI scale feature, which is enable one the iPad too.

Proud to be surrounded by a few great skilled people taking care of engineering, UX/UI and testing.

Hope you will enjoy Cubasis 3 on the smaller screen...

Best,
    Lars