Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 for iPhone and iPad available...

1272829303133»

Comments

• @LFS still having audio issue with any bluetooth headphones.on iphone. Everything works perfectly fine in Aum or Nanostudio or many other apps. but in Cubasis 3 even when I switch to the correct audio mode. the audio quality drops and it’s almost not usable. also have issues where track tempo settings change to a very low speed, and when i change the bpm back to 120 the timeline stays adjusted for the 40 bpm tempo. it’s very odd, hoping that is being fixed in future update,

• @eross said:
    @LFS still having audio issue with any bluetooth headphones.on iphone. Everything works perfectly fine in Aum or Nanostudio or many other apps. but in Cubasis 3 even when I switch to the correct audio mode. the audio quality drops and it’s almost not usable. also have issues where track tempo settings change to a very low speed, and when i change the bpm back to 120 the timeline stays adjusted for the 40 bpm tempo. it’s very odd, hoping that is being fixed in future update,

Still full of hope? 😅

• I am also having the same Bluetooth issues. Sounds terrible despite all settings being correct. Not having the same issue in CB2.

• LFSLFS
    edited August 2020

Hi @eross, Hi @TimRussell,

Please try these steps:

• Please make sure BT is enabled in the iOS settings, and that the headphone is paired
    • Go to "Setup/Audio"
    • Enable "Bluetooth / AirPlay" by tapping the button

If you still encounter audio quality issues, please go to "Setup/Project" and re-select the sample rate setting.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• edited September 2020

@LFS Hi Lars, so I finally took the plunge and purchased Cubasis 3. Cannot connect my interface and midi controllers. Splash screen opens and immediately crashes on both my 2017 iPad and iPhone 8 Plus. Cubasis 2, AUM, Auria Pro, GarageBand, et all are seeing the peripherals and working as expected.

Works as expected if I remove the powered hub, but then I lose the use of my controllers.

Soundcraft 12 MTK, 2 Arturia Keystep, Arturia Beatstep pro, Belkin powered hub, Apple CCK3. 2017 iPad and iPhone 8 Plus. Current iOS.

Any ideas? I would like to be able to record and use my controllers.....

• First try reboot device, if that doesn’t work try delete and re-installing.
    Sometimes I think I get a crappy download of an app, and the reinstall is the fix.

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2020

@waynerowand said:
    @LFS Hi Lars, so I finally took the plunge and purchased Cubasis 3. Cannot connect my interface and midi controllers. Splash screen opens and immediately crashes on both my 2017 iPad and iPhone 8 Plus. Cubasis 2, AUM, Auria Pro, GarageBand, et all are seeing the peripherals and working as expected.

Works as expected if I remove the powered hub, but then I lose the use of my controllers.

Soundcraft 12 MTK, 2 Arturia Keystep, Arturia Beatstep pro, Belkin powered hub, Apple CCK3. 2017 iPad and iPhone 8 Plus. Current iOS.

Any ideas? I would like to be able to record and use my controllers.....

Hi @waynerowand,

Sorry to read that you have issues using Cubasis with your gear.

Please try these steps first:

• Load an empty project
    • Quit all audio and non-audio apps by double tapping the home button and swiping them up
    • Reboot your iPhone and iPad devices*

Please let me know if this helps to solve the problem.

Thanks,
    Lars

*Older devices: Holding down the home and power button for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Newer devices: Hold the power button and "Slide to power off”, then wait and press the power button again for a few seconds to restart the iOS device.

• @LFS Thanks for the suggestions. I tried all those before posting. I’ve been involved in iOS music making for many years. As far as I can tell, it has to do with the powered hub. Cubasis 3 opens correctly and sees the interface when I bypass the hub and connect directly. As stated, everything works as expected in CB2 and every other DAW on my device.

@NoiseHorse Thanks for the suggestions. I haven’t deleted and reinstalled because I get the exact same crash behavior on 2 different devices. I’ll give it a go though and report back.

Anyone else having trouble with powered hubs?

• @LFS Hi Lars, after further experimentation I’ve narrowed down the cause of the crash. 2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, crash city. 1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected.

Now we know. Could it be an issue with naming conventions and how Cubasis 3 is seeing peripherals? In CB2 both keysteps show up as devices but are both named Keystep.

Anyone else have multiple Keysteps and can confirm?

Thanks all!

• @waynerowand said:
    @LFS Hi Lars, after further experimentation I’ve narrowed down the cause of the crash. 2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, crash city. 1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected.

Now we know. Could it be an issue with naming conventions and how Cubasis 3 is seeing peripherals? In CB2 both keysteps show up as devices but are both named Keystep.

Anyone else have multiple Keysteps and can confirm?

Thanks all!

Is this reproducible?
    If so, could you please share the exact steps?

Thanks again
    & stay well,
    Lars

• @LFS Hi Lars, it’s absolutely reproducible.

1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected. As soon as the second Keystep is plugged in to the hub, immediate crash.
    2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, immediate crash at the splash screen.

I don’t know if it’s Keystep specific or will happen with multiples of any controller.

Never experienced this behavior before so it wasn’t on my trouble shooting radar.

I know y’all will get it sorted. Thank you.

• @waynerowand said:
    @LFS Hi Lars, it’s absolutely reproducible.

1 Keystep plugged into the hub, everything works as expected. As soon as the second Keystep is plugged in to the hub, immediate crash.
    2 Keysteps plugged into the hub, immediate crash at the splash screen.

I don’t know if it’s Keystep specific or will happen with multiples of any controller.

Never experienced this behavior before so it wasn’t on my trouble shooting radar.

I know y’all will get it sorted. Thank you.

I don't have two identical controllers to try with but that could be what causes the problem?

But I do know it's possible to use multiple controllers at one time, I do it already.
    In my case 5-pin midi in/out from the UR-242, MPK Mini Mk2, MicroFreak and NTS-1 thru a USB hub and nanoKey Studio over BT.

So it's highly likely that Cubasis bails when using two controllers with the same name.

Hope it gets sorted out!

• edited September 2020

@Samu It’s not having trouble seeing multiple different controllers. A single Keystep, Beatstep Pro, and Minilogue are being recognized just fine and no crashes. Adding the second Keystep crashes. Highly unlikely or not, that’s what happens. I know it’s CB3 specific. Works as expected in CB2, Auria Pro, AUM....

• @waynerowand said:
    @Samu It’s not having trouble seeing multiple different controllers. A single Keystep, Beatstep Pro, and Minilogue are being recognized just fine and no crashes. Adding the second Keystep crashes. I know it’s CB3 specific. Works as expected in CB2, Auria Pro, AUM....

Could be that two identical controllers cause it since you mention it bails when connecting the second Keystep?
    Since Cubasis 3 is re-built from scratch they might have 'forgotten' how to deal with two identical controllers?

Anyways I hope @LFS and his team will sort it out...

• @Samu Ah, yes. That’s it exactly.

• edited December 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited October 2021

I think i stumbled over a bug:

I wanted to use a midi fx like KB-1 or Chordpolypad but could not get any sound (setup was correct).I had to switch to a midi fx that generates/output itself (like atom piano) and that worked.I changed back to KB-1 and then it worked too. ipadOS 15.0

Still on my feature request list:

1.Plugin window or mixer size state save.After adjusting a plugin gui or the mixer and close/open it again it‘s back to the smallest size (except full screen gui).

2.Saving chord progressions (preset system) to use it globall (available in all songs).

Nice development of cubasis over the last 12-14 months (that i did not use ios for music at all)

Thanks to @LFS and the steinberg team ✌️

• @Crabman said:

I wanted to use a midi fx like KB-1 or Chordpolypad but could not get any sound (setup was correct).I had to switch to a midi fx that generates/output itself (like atom piano) and that worked.I changed back to KB-1 and then it worked too. ipadOS 15.0

Still on my feature request list:

1.Plugin window or mixer size state save.After adjusting a plugin gui or the mixer and close/open it again it‘s back to the smallest size (except full screen gui).

2.Saving chord progressions (preset system) to use it globall (available in all songs).

Nice development of cubasis over the last 12-14 months (that i did not use ios for music at all)

Thanks to @LFS and the steinberg team ✌️

Hi Crabman,

Thanks for your message!

I will share your report with our team and the app vendors.

Already on our list, and will hopefully not take too long...

Here are two recommendations:

• Please use the copy/paste option in the pads window
    • Create your chord progressions followed by a custom project template

Via the custom project template option, you will see your chord progressions in every new project (when loading the template).

Hope that helps!

Stay well
    & best wishes,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited October 2021

@Crabman said:

Hi @Crabman again,

Laurent Colson kindly gave the issue an immediate check with the following outcome:

"I just checked ChordPolyPad AUv3 inside Cubasis 3, and it works fine. I checked under iOS 15 to be sure it was not an issue with the last version."

You may exchange with him directly in case of any ongoing problems.

Best,
    Lars

• edited October 2021

@LFS Have you seen https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47297/cubasis-3-3-1-project-file-corruption#latest ?
    I've searched for similar reports and apparently there are more users having issues with project corruption in Cubasis 3.3.1.

Can you give us an update on this?
    Thanks!

• LFSLFS
    edited October 2021

@rs2000 said:
    @LFS Have you seen https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/47297/cubasis-3-3-1-project-file-corruption#latest ?
    I've searched for similar reports and apparently there are more users having issues with project corruption in Cubasis 3.3.1.

Can you give us an update on this?
    Thanks!

Hi @rs2000,

Thanks for the notification, will share and discuss this with our lead engineer.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Crabman said:

Hi @Crabman again,

Laurent Colson kindly gave the issue an immediate check with the following outcome:

"I just checked ChordPolyPad AUv3 inside Cubasis 3, and it works fine. I checked under iOS 15 to be sure it was not an issue with the last version."

Best,
    Lars

Thanks Lars but as i said,it‘s not only with Chordpolypad. I made a very simple test now. New,empty project.
    Created one track with micrologue.Opened the KB-1 keyboard suite and pushed“midi through“ above the plugin window and played KB-1. Micrologue keeps silent. I switched KB-1 to Chordpolypad and opened a chord preset: silence. Changed CPP to Quantichord and played a few chords on the internal keyboard: it works.
    Changed Quantichord back to KB-1 or CCP and it works too now.
    Really not a big deal (if you know what to do) but i can reproduce it everytime so it still looks like a cubasis bug to me 😉

• @Crabman said:

@LFS said:

@Crabman said:

Hi @Crabman again,

Best,
    Lars

Thanks Lars but as i said,it‘s not only with Chordpolypad. I made a very simple test now. New,empty project.
    Created one track with micrologue.Opened the KB-1 keyboard suite and pushed“midi through“ above the plugin window and played KB-1. Micrologue keeps silent. I switched KB-1 to Chordpolypad and opened a chord preset: silence. Changed CPP to Quantichord and played a few chords on the internal keyboard: it works.
    Really not a big deal (if you know what to do) but i can reproduce it everytime so it still looks like a cubasis bug to me 😉

Chordpolypad works fine here, Air 3, iOS 15.0.1 (sadly), Cubasis 2. Perhaps try without using KB-1.

• @musikeer said:

@Crabman said:

@LFS said:

@Crabman said:

Hi @Crabman again,

Best,
    Lars

Chordpolypad works fine here, Air 3, iOS 15.0.1 (sadly), Cubasis 2. Perhaps try without using KB-1.

Makes no difference.New project,one single track (the standard piano sound).CCP in…no sound.Changed to riffer,put some notes in: piano plays.Changed riffer back to CCP and it works too.

ipad pro 11 (2018) ios 15.0

Since i have otherwise zero problems (almost but not music related) with the ios version i won‘t update before 15.1.I did read here a few things about 15.01 that made me hesitant to update.