Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammond B-3X by IK Multimedia

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    do people still play organs lol like who makes old school church music 😂

Lil' clip from my one of my church's worship services a few years ago...

• Can someone who owns this tell me if it is possible to vary the mic distance and/or position in the Leslie section?

• @TimRussell said:
    Can someone who owns this tell me if it is possible to vary the mic distance and/or position in the Leslie section?

There are knobs to set the pairs of stereo mic (lower speaker ports and upper) for:
    distance: 1 to 10 feet - applies to both pairs equally
    angle: 90 or 180 degrees

There are also knobs for mic: gain, HPF, low, mid, high, volume and selector for the 5 Leslie Cabinet types.

• They told us the price would go UP, not down. I bought in. Great app though

• @Telstar5 said:
    They told us the price would go UP, not down. I bought in. Great app though

They weren't clear what would happen to the price. I'm sure the discount reflects the hesitancy we've seen here to buy a $100 organ when we have some that at more than good enough. $80 should product a sending wave for the app and then most will hang back for the seasonal discounts and sales. If $100 become the normal then we could see
    sales that break out yet another tier of buyers.

It's a lot like Ravenscroft 275... once you get it everything else is judged against it and the pain of purchase passes.

50% off Syntronik has its seasons and maybe... I never expected FabFilter Apps to get big discounts but it had a season too.

• If anyone is concerned on price, or just wants to get into Hammond B-3X, check out our most recent sale All in Analog. From May 1st through June 2nd, 2020,Hammond B-3X for iPad will be $79.99. There are also some other great deals on iOS apps and Mac/PC titles like AmpliTube MAX, T-RackS MAX< Syntronik, and more.

Read full details here.

• edited May 2020

So I grabbed this and am v impressed.
    But what is more exciting for me is that it already incorporates a MIDI map for the Hammond XK organs, so my old XK1 is plug and play for controlling the Leslie, chorus and percussion controls.
    I can even use the footswitch to switch between fast and slow on the Leslie.

Unfortunately the drawbars are not mapped - WHY WHY WHY????

Please @ryanjanik @ikmultimedia in the next update can you include drawbar MIDI mapping for the XK1!
    This would make me ecstatic!

• Looking hard at this, but I can get the desktop version for only about $50 more so I might spring for the DT version B)

• @TimRussell I can certainly pass the comment along. Remember to jump in the official wish list here.

• @Ryan_IK said:
    @TimRussell I can certainly pass the comment along. Remember to jump in the official wish list here.

Thanks, please do, and I have posted the request on the wish list page.
    I’m sure many other users of recent Hammond hardware organs would want this too and I’ve no doubt would be a huge selling point for the app.
    Many people who currently use older Hammond models and already have a iPad might seriously consider using B3-X in place of upgrading their hardware organ (especially as it would probably save them ££££!)
    I was partly expecting to have to set up some complicated MIDI mapping using something like the Streambyter app so was delighted when I discovered this wasn’t necessary, but then hugely disappointed when I realised the drawbars were useless.

• @Ryan_IK said:
    @TimRussell I can certainly pass the comment along. Remember to jump in the official wish list here.

@Ryan_IK : Is IK multimedia on Haitus presently ?

• edited May 2020

Hold your horses and stone the crows!
    In my haste I never bothered to try the XK-3 MIDI profile and it works not only for the drawbars, Leslie etc, but the 12 preset buttons on the XK-1 also bring up the corresponding 12 panel presets on B-3X
    Very happy person here. The Neo Vent will be up for sale shortly and will probably fetch at least double what I paid for this app.

Seriously if you are looking for a ready-mapped, Hammond style controller (that also happens to look cool with faux wood-panelling) for B-3X try and get an XK-1 (or XK-3). The XK-1 usually goes for £300-400 on the bay.

• Is there any differences between the desktop and iOS version? @Ryan_IK

• @Telstar5 said:

@Ryan_IK said:

No, I'm not sure where you got that impression :p We've been adjusting with everything going on to make sure everyone can keep making music. Check out our recent promotions here.

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Is there any differences between the desktop and iOS version? @Ryan_IK

The main difference is the platform and it's uses (AUv3 vs. AU for example). Otherwise, the interface and controls are slightly different to match the platform.

@TimRussell said:

@Ryan_IK said:

I’m sure many other users of recent Hammond hardware organs would want this too and I’ve no doubt would be a huge selling point for the app.
    Many people who currently use older Hammond models and already have a iPad might seriously consider using B3-X in place of upgrading their hardware organ (especially as it would probably save them ££££!)
    I was partly expecting to have to set up some complicated MIDI mapping using something like the Streambyter app so was delighted when I discovered this wasn’t necessary, but then hugely disappointed when I realised the drawbars were useless.

Thanks for posting. The XK-1 is an oldie, but we recently updated to add XK-3 and XK-3c profiles which aren't exactly new, so anything is possible. Plus posts on the wish list goes straight to the team and that's always the best way to be heard. Thanks again.

• edited May 2020

@Ryan_IK said:

@Telstar5 said:

@Ryan_IK said:

No, I'm not sure where you got that impression :p We've been adjusting with everything going on to make sure everyone can keep making music. Check out our recent promotions here.

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Is there any differences between the desktop and iOS version? @Ryan_IK

The main difference is the platform and it's uses (AUv3 vs. AU for example). Otherwise, the interface and controls are slightly different to match the platform.

@TimRussell said:

@Ryan_IK said:

Thanks for posting. The XK-1 is an oldie, but we recently updated to add XK-3 and XK-3c profiles which aren't exactly new, so anything is possible. Plus posts on the wish list goes straight to the team and that's always the best way to be heard. Thanks again.

Thanks @Ryan_IK
    You must have missed my last post - the XK-3 profile works pretty well. The chorus/vib and percussion switches aren’t perfectly mapped but they do the trick. Plus the overdrive knob is mapped to Leslie gain.

The XK-1 came out at the same time as the XK-3c (it was its cheaper little brother), and the XK-3 is older than the 3c.

• @TimRussell

I just saw your post here and on the IK forums. Thanks for sharing!

• @Ryan_IK : Thanks , good to know !

• Will this ever be ported to iPhone?

• Hi Folks,
    I am using the new to me Hammond B-3X in Audiobus and loving it for sure. I am controlling it from my Roland V-Accordion. This instrument sends many midi channels at once.
    My dilemma is that I want to use 2 channels, 2 and 3 to control the lower manual. My accordion send bass notes on one channel and chords on another. I want to use both of these channels for the lower manual (nothing to the pedals) but it will only accept one channel assigned to it.
    As a solution I am using MidiFlow channels to combine midi channels 2 and 3 and send them to the lower manual. So good so far.
    Now I also want to send midi channel 1 midi thru to the upper manual. The problem is that I have to put another MidiFlow instance but it will only go on another AB slot. Then I have to use a different instance of the Hammond. This works but doubles the processor load from 35% to over 75%.

I think I need a different midi filter/merger to do this on One AB slot. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I do not want to change the accordion configuration because it is used on many other presets already in AB. Maybe a Mozaic solution.
    Thanks,
    LooseBruce

• @Bellows, my suggestion is post as a separate thread under the support category. For sure you will get some help there.

• @Bellows said:
    Hi Folks,
    I am using the new to me Hammond B-3X in Audiobus and loving it for sure. I am controlling it from my Roland V-Accordion. This instrument sends many midi channels at once.
    My dilemma is that I want to use 2 channels, 2 and 3 to control the lower manual. My accordion send bass notes on one channel and chords on another. I want to use both of these channels for the lower manual (nothing to the pedals) but it will only accept one channel assigned to it.
    As a solution I am using MidiFlow channels to combine midi channels 2 and 3 and send them to the lower manual. So good so far.
    Now I also want to send midi channel 1 midi thru to the upper manual. The problem is that I have to put another MidiFlow instance but it will only go on another AB slot. Then I have to use a different instance of the Hammond. This works but doubles the processor load from 35% to over 75%.

I think I need a different midi filter/merger to do this on One AB slot. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I do not want to change the accordion configuration because it is used on many other presets already in AB. Maybe a Mozaic solution.
    Thanks,
    LooseBruce

You should be able to put the same B-3X instance on two AB slots. When you go to add the B3-X it should ask you if you want to use the existing instance or a new one.

• I ended up buying the desktop version
    Crossgrade sale with jam points made it a nice deal
    Uses a lot of processing on my 2014 iMac tho. Hiccups a little when loading the interface and patches
    Really nice tho, I love organ sounds.

• For those of you who took the plunge, I have couple of questions

• is the B-3X stable when run in AUM?
    • Is it a CPU hog, or can it co-exist with other synths/sound generators?

I currently have a live setup using Galileo 2, iSymphonic, Heavy Brass and SynthMaster1 in AUM, controlled from my keyboards using KeyStage. I’m running this on a 2018 “cheap” iPad.

Unfortunately Galileo 2 frequently crashes and requires reloading. I haven’t gigged with this setup yet (nobody is at the moment), but at a band rehearsal the other day Galileo crashed mid-song with a loud buzz. I can’t risk this happening mid-gig.

I also find it is very flaky in the connection department, it keeps losing the audio connection, especially when I try to play along to music on my iPad in practice. 1 time in 10 I can persuade it to play nice with Anytune, but I can’t make it work with Apple Music or Spotify. I don’t have this problem with any of my other sound generators.

If B-3X is stable and efficient enough I’d be prepared to drop the hammer on it, but I’d be more than a bit upset if it was no more stable than Galileo given the price factor.

Alternatively if anyone has advice on how to make sure Galileo is stable, I’d be grateful. I’ve set all the buffer sizes in AUM and Galileo to the max 512, but no improvement.

• @timbo it depends I would say.
    If you're using a split keyboard with a MIDI ch for each split I still have a pain in the b*tt.
    Been looking for some update since I bought it months ago - nothing is happening.

• Ok, that’s disappointing. I have two midi controllers, top one controls the upper manual, bottom one split between the lower manual and pedals. KeyStage manages the splitting for me.

If that’s not stable with B3X it’s not worth me buying. This is a live setup, I can’t just reboot and start again.

Anyone else have better experience?

• @timbo said:
    For those of you who took the plunge, I have couple of questions

• is the B-3X stable when run in AUM?
    • Is it a CPU hog, or can it co-exist with other synths/sound generators?

I currently have a live setup using Galileo 2, iSymphonic, Heavy Brass and SynthMaster1 in AUM, controlled from my keyboards using KeyStage. I’m running this on a 2018 “cheap” iPad.

Unfortunately Galileo 2 frequently crashes and requires reloading. I haven’t gigged with this setup yet (nobody is at the moment), but at a band rehearsal the other day Galileo crashed mid-song with a loud buzz. I can’t risk this happening mid-gig.

Are you using the standalone/IAA version or the AUv3 version? The crash with loud buzz thing is something I normally only see with IAA apps.

• @timbo I use keystage as well, wonderful app.
    I've heard that the AU3v implementation isn't "there yet".
    I have also tried AUM, both gives me some glitches.
    I've tried to contact IK Multimedia's forum and their "hot line", but I have given up at explaining div stuff.
    Sometimes notes hangs, volume for left/right is either 1 or 0 and more.

I bought a new iPad just for the app (2019 10.2"), but can't use it live still :(
    They must get some replies from the app devs, but I don't see any updates on anything.

• @wim I'm using the Galileo IAA, because I can't get the AUv3 to respond to program change.

• @timbo said:
    @wim I'm using the Galileo IAA, because I can't get the AUv3 to respond to program change.

Are you sure the program change messages are routed through the AUM matrix to Galileo AUv3? And that Galileo is configured to respond to them? I've noticed that the Galileo AU forgets some of the stand-alone configuration, and needs to be set up again. For example, it didn't load my MIDI map.

• @uncledave I can check it out again, but I thought so, they were on the same midi interface and channel as the notes. I found the setting in preferences where you can configure program change, but it didn’t seem to help. I’ll give it another go.

I’ve also noticed Galileo doesn’t always keep the midi map, that’s another frustration. For example, I set the Leslie speed control up on a foot pedal, so I could use the mod wheel for the amp gain, but it kept defaulting back to using the mod wheel for the Leslie.