Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shockwave Synthesizer | Best Synth App 2019? | haQ attaQ

13»

Comments

• @Toastedghost said:
    This joins my favourite synths, excellent sounds.
    Only one problem I keep getting hanging notes, where is the panic button?
    Happens inside Audiobus, when being driven by Quincy, when stopped notes just hang. Animoog and Factory all stop but shockwave just keeps hanging. Most times its eject that kills the sound but sometimes I need a soft reboot.
    Please put a panic button in this synth.
    Cheers

Yeah I get this in AUM, not a deal breaker as I just unlatch it from the channel, but is a bit annoying.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Happens inside Audiobus, when being driven by Quincy, when stopped notes just hang. Animoog and Factory all stop but shockwave just keeps hanging. Most times its eject that kills the sound but sometimes I need a soft reboot.
    Cheers

Yeah I get this in AUM, not a deal breaker as I just unlatch it from the channel, but is a bit annoying.

Weird, Audiobus seems to claim much less DSP than AUM. One instance of Shoskwave open in AUM can be up to 20% but 20% in Audiobus with Shockwave, Animoog, Kronecker and Tardigtain together in Visual Mixer...I j
    just don’t get it?

• Again the CPU theme...

Maybe the most boring and annoying discussion.

@Michael said:
    Actually it's not really CPU usage shown, but DSP processing time (render time / buffer duration). CPU usage is largely irrelevant, because if it's all happening outside the render process it has no effect on audio (in theory anyway; in practice there are iOS scheduling bugs that have been there since iOS 10 IIRC; these seem to be seen typically in interactions between graphics processing and audio processing). It's processing time that matters, because if you go over, you get glitches.

I'm not sure it's meaningful to compare between AUM and AB, as there's no guarantee we're calculating it the same way.

• @Toastedghost said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Toastedghost said:
    Cheers

Weird, Audiobus seems to claim much less DSP than AUM. One instance of Shoskwave open in AUM can be up to 20% but 20% in Audiobus with Shockwave, Animoog, Kronecker and Tardigtain together in Visual Mixer...I j
    just don’t get it?

Remember that cpu use comparisons are only fully meaningful when the CPU load is high enough to cause crackling/overload because of the way throttling and multithreading work on ios devices.

https://wiki.audiob.us/cpu_load_comparisons_and_testing

• Closing this thread as a duplicate of https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36056/shockwave-synth-module-by-kai-aras - please continue discussion there.

This discussion has been closed.