Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Shockwave Synthesizer | Best Synth App 2019? | haQ attaQ

Comments

• @rezidue said:
    I may have just bought NPD and Phase84 but how can I avoid picking this up?

Good question! I believe it can be done. It can be accomplished quickly with my Mind Over Matter Mantra Method TM. Simply repeat this mantra along with me:

I will not buy this app.
    I will not buy this app.
    I will not buy this app.
    I will not buy this app.
    I will now buy this app.
    I will NOW buy this app!

Oh crud... 😄

• Thanks for the video @jakoB_haQ. It helped me a lot. Your presets are also very good and you are becoming very skilled with this kind of...exercise

• @skiphunt said:
    @jakoB_haQ REALLY out did himself on these presets. Just incredible variety, dynamics, and depth. Bravo!

Basically this! Stellar presets Jakob!!!
    Wow!

• No honey, how can you think I want to buy another synth app? I already have so many and this doesn't even sound so good! And it's purple... and... 🤫

• @auxmux said:

@Häxanäx said:
    Which one of these sounds the most like Casio CZ101/CZ1000?

None of them, unfortunately. Only Casio's old app is closest.

Will that still run on iOS13? The Cozmo synths sounded so good, great for layering with other synths too.

• @Faland said:
    No honey, how can you think I want to buy another synth app? I already have so many and this doesn't even sound so good! And it's purple... and... 🤫

hehehe
    Love the purple!

• @Häxanäx said:

@auxmux said:

@Häxanäx said:
    Which one of these sounds the most like Casio CZ101/CZ1000?

None of them, unfortunately. Only Casio's old app is closest.

Will that still run on iOS13? The Cozmo synths sounded so good, great for layering with other synths too.

I haven't tried recently, worked on 12, but it's so unappealing to use, glad I have my CZ101.

• @haulin_notes said:

@rezidue said:
    I may have just bought NPD and Phase84 but how can I avoid picking this up?

Good question! I believe it can be done. It can be accomplished quickly with my Mind Over Matter Mantra Method TM. Simply repeat this mantra along with me:

I will not buy this app.
    I will not buy this app.
    I will not buy this app.
    I will not buy this app.
    I will now buy this app.
    I will NOW buy this app!

Oh crud... 😄

Of course I bought it. Great video as well.

• @espiegel123 said:

@craftycurate said:
    Sounds great - shame about the polyphony though, as it soounds capable of some thick and rich textured pads. But I guess with that level of complexity, polyphony might max out the CPU too easily perhaps?

It is an AU. You can get polyphony by using several of them and using one of the apps or Mozaic scripts or Streambyter scripts that map a polyphonic stream to multiple mono synths.

Or they could just make it polyphonic ;)

• @rezidue said:
    Kai confirmed it will be universal at some point.

@jakoB_haQ totally off topic but I’m waiting to see an update on your experience with the behringer audio interface. Still going well over here.

Yeah I decided to properly use it before reviewing it. I’ll probably have something deep and proper ready in January for it. ;)

• @rs2000 said:

@jakoB_haQ said:
    You highlight one of the advantages for NPD being a bipolar modulation matrix, however Shockwave is also a modular if you missed it. There’s 11 sources and about 30+ destinations. It also implements a very intuitive quick menu of getting modulations going. I’m showing how it works in the video.

Thanks Jakob!
    I've edited my post accordingly.

Awesome, thanks! :)

• edited December 2019

@Arglebargle said:
    Can the midi learn CCs go to multiple destinations? A common stumbling block for my use situation.

(oi9lklk41,km47 - cat addition)

No, as it works now, it’s one CC# per parameter.

Example; Lets say you've got CC22 mapped to [OSC 1 Brightness] and then try to map CC22 to [ENV Fall], then CC22 will stop controlling [OSC 1 Brightness] and only control [ENV Fall].

Does that answer your question?

• edited December 2019

@jakoB_haQ

Wonderful video; top of the class!
    One (probably dumb) question. The sequencer is available in AU mode, yes?
    (Looked at the other Shockwave video; the answer is yes.)

• This reverb is fantastic! Is Kai's RF-1 able to produce a similar sound?

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@rezidue said:
    Kai confirmed it will be universal at some point.

@jakoB_haQ totally off topic but I’m waiting to see an update on your experience with the behringer audio interface. Still going well over here.

Yeah I decided to properly use it before reviewing it. I’ll probably have something deep and proper ready in January for it. ;)

@jakoB_haQ I’d love to see you dive in to some of the more esoteric modules available in Shockwave and explain them in your Haq Attaqy way (a good thing)

• @cian said:
    There's another PD synth already on the app store in case anyone's interested:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/npd/id1452838999

It's pretty good.

There's 2

This is the other
    Phase84 by Retronyms Inc

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@jakoB_haQ said:

@Arglebargle said:
    Can the midi learn CCs go to multiple destinations? A common stumbling block for my use situation.

Example; Lets say you've got CC22 mapped to [OSC 1 Brightness] and then try to map CC22 to [ENV Fall], then CC22 will stop controlling [OSC 1 Brightness] and only control [ENV Fall].

Couldn't anyone just use AU Parameter mapping instead? There's no restriction on multiple mappings there. The synth doesn't even know what cc's are used to manipulate the parameters because the host handles that.

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@Arglebargle said:

You might try using a third party app to link the two parameters to one controller which in turn moves the other two parameters together in whichever ratio you want.

For instance, I’ve used knob lab and created to linked knobs.

I switched the amount values of one of the two parameters, Rise and Fall, so it rises as the other one falls. ( made one go from 0-127 and the other 127-0 )

Now when I turn the one knob two things are affected.

• I am literally not gonna look at this. I have just begun MIRACK and this looks great too you crazy app people! Give me some time bronutz ! I just moved into a new apt so Im back!
    {}000]{}

• @oceansinspace said:
    I am literally not gonna look at this. I have just begun MIRACK and this looks great too you crazy app people! Give me some time bronutz ! I just moved into a new apt so Im back!
    {}000]{}

You’re still looking. Resistance is futile. >:)

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@Arglebargle said:

Yes indeed. Thanks!

Maybe the AU or third party tricks will do what I'd prefer.

• Found a big Bug bummer, Shockwave goes bonkers in Zenbeats.

• @Arglebargle said:

@jakoB_haQ said:

@Arglebargle said:

Yes indeed. Thanks!

Maybe the AU or third party tricks will do what I'd prefer.

If you want to control multiple knobs with one CC,you could create a very simple streambyter or Mozaic script (only a few lines are needed) that clones one cc to another or others.

• There is another thread about Shockwave Synth.
    Wouldn't it be better to join forces?

• The modulation window keeps appearing when I dont want. Like when adjusting a knob (maybe its recognizing that as long press?)
    Anyone else?

• @hibjshop said:
    The modulation window keeps appearing when I dont want. Like when adjusting a knob (maybe its recognizing that as long press?)
    Anyone else?

Yah, I do get that sometimes. Not very often so far but it happens.

• @hibjshop said:
    The modulation window keeps appearing when I dont want. Like when adjusting a knob (maybe its recognizing that as long press?)
    Anyone else?

I recommend doing a screen capture. Putting it on YouTube and reporting to the dev with a link to the video. Vids really help a dev visualize what you are experiencing. And sending to them directly increases the likelihood that they'll see your report.

• @AudioGus said:

@hibjshop said:
    Anyone else?

Yah, I do get that sometimes. Not very often so far but it happens.

I’ve had it a couple of times, but it’s not really an issue for me.

• edited December 2019

Thanks i sent an email. It seems if you put a finger on a knob for more than a 1/2 second without moving the window appears. I thought thats what the “Route” button was for. Maybe this was designed to be quicker

@espiegel123 said:

@hibjshop said:
    Anyone else?

I recommend doing a screen capture. Putting it on YouTube and reporting to the dev with a link to the video. Vids really help a dev visualize what you are experiencing. And sending to them directly increases the likelihood that they'll see your report.

• edited December 2019

This joins my favourite synths, excellent sounds.
    Only one problem I keep getting hanging notes, where is the panic button?
    Happens inside Audiobus, when being driven by Quincy, when stopped notes just hang. Animoog and Factory all stop but shockwave just keeps hanging. Most times its eject that kills the sound but sometimes I need a soft reboot.
    Please put a panic button in this synth.
    Cheers

This discussion has been closed.