Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - December 2019

124»

Comments

• @richardyot

Great track, the bassline has a good punch and it really propells the song.
    Synth sounds again excellent, i really like the lyrics. I guess we all recognize ourselves in some parts of the song. Great dark atmosphere.

• @orchardman

Not my cup of tea, track is well made don't get me wrong. But this month like last month there is something with the vocals in the mix. They could blend better together i think, don't ask me how.

• @iOSTRAKON

What can is say, pro level. It breathes massive attack i think. Which is a good thing.
    Fantastic track. You my friend have got a subscription on youtube.

• @DavidEnglish

Great track, stays interesting throughout the whole song.
    Nicely layered, great when the rhythm changes.
    Top quality, has a great laidback vibe to it.

• @enc

Impressive. The video is great and the images are well chosen, they perfectly blend with the music. The song itself i like alot, maybe a little bit shorter is my only point of criticism.
    All in all, if i would see this broadcasted on a music channel on tv i would not switch channels. I grew up partying with these kind of videos playing on big videowalls during raves.

• @uglyskratch

Interesting track, with the limitations you faced i think you made a great tune. The synth part reminds me of early house records.

• @FunkMachine

The bells are nice but start to get boring after a while, i think this song has a lot of potential but misses a last ingredient to go from interesting to good.

• @vitocorleone123

Spooky atmosphere, all parts come in at the right time. Nicely layered, the vocal part is awesome.
    Really impressive songwriting i think.

• @Samflash3

Intro is very nice, nice how the bassline works with the kick. The vocal samples really lift the song up, and create tension throughout the track. Very solid, i like it.

• edited December 2019

@TheAudioDabbler

Percussion is fantastic in this track, there is a constant underlying tension created by it. Very creative songwriting.

• @Kitusai
    Everything sounds good, but the sax really kills it for me.
    You have an interesting approach to writing music.

• @Elvisthenrodent thanks for that great round of feedback 👍

• Nice one Elvis B)

• @Elvisthenrodent said:
    @enc

Impressive. The video is great and the images are well chosen, they perfectly blend with the music. The song itself i like alot, maybe a little bit shorter is my only point of criticism.
    All in all, if i would see this broadcasted on a music channel on tv i would not switch channels. I grew up partying with these kind of videos playing on big videowalls during raves.

much obliged mr Rodent ;)

• @Uglyskratch Excellent. It begins as a unchained electronic samba and invites to move your butt all along!

@Trackedout Excellent too! I found some ressemblance with Richardyot in this laid back singing.

@Elvisthenrodent well done, good sound but I need chemical and flash colored lights to get in ;-)

• @Elvisthenrodent I'm always a fan of the triangle wave-909 kick. I would maybe recommend to either automate them to gradually increase in their decay, pitch envelope, or attack as the track continues in order to establish a simultaneous growth in interest. The phasing created by the hard panned cymbals/hats was interesting but was a bit distracting for me. The acid bass line and its pattern and modulations were well done. Since I'm new to most of these electronic genres, I would simply say that your track as a whole reminded me stylistically of a live set (with sequencers, 303, drum machines, etc.) but could have potentially benefited from greater variations in the arrangement.

• edited December 2019

@TheAudioDabbler Veeeeery nice! Love it. Kind of tribal-esque drums went really well with the floating melody. Seriously good. Ever hear of The Devil and The Universe? Kinda of reminded me of their album Folk Horror (if you would've added a couple of dark/weird vocal samples) - check this song https:// thedeviltheuniverse.bandcamp.com/track/willow-dance (edited to not be a direct link and distract from your track). Excuse me while I go listen to your track again....

• @Elvisthenrodent I liked it a lot... though I think around 3:27 the jam session started to lose me. I'd consider chopping it around there. And then adding some effects here and there, since it's raw Pure Acid (which sounds damn fine). I wish I could create techno acid like that. At some point I'll have to dig into the app, but I suspect I won't be able to just randomly come up with something that good like you did. Tighten it up, add a little production, and you're golden.

• @trackedout Oh, you're so close to something. Not sure what it is, but it's almost there. It's different and it's good. For some reason (maybe the timing blew out?) the kick being panned hard right called attention to itself and started to bother me rather than be funky cool like up to that point. Really, I didn't notice it until then for some reason. Keep it going, keep practicing. The vocals really went with the funk. Liked it!

• @FunkMachine said:

Thanks for the insight and the tips, i will give them a shot. For the moment i think automation isn't possible in pure acid but i will see what's possible.

@vitocorleone123
    Thanks, glad you liked it. You are right about the point where you lose interest, i feel that way too as the days gone by i listened to the track a couple of times. There is a part where i screw around with the lfo that should be less freaky as well.

@Kitusai

Thanks, and wouldn't the world be a better,place if we all had some chemicals now and then, especially our world leaders😁.

@uglyskratch

I must admit the pattern chaining of the synth part, and the copy paste thing is pretty simple actually. But somehow as soon as i don't use the app for a couple of days i start having doubts how it was exactly. So could be you got a point there.

• @Elvisthenrodent said:

@Kitusai

Thanks, and wouldn't the world be a better,place if we all had some chemicals now and then, especially our world leaders😁.

Ready to open a "pot commun" for that this coming year! :D

• Newest song, first one I’ve posted here. Done on my PO-33 using a sample from a jazz song and one of Jakob Haq’s PO-32 drum kits sampled onto my PO-33. I used my iRig 2 to record it into GarageBand on my iPhone 8. I used Pixaloop with a picture I took years ago to get the water movement. Combined that with the music via iMovie, all on my phone.

I’m considering starting to Record the drum and melodic tracks separately, but I do enjoy the simplicity and lo-fi feel of what I have going on here.

Opinions?

• @YourJunk

Nice laidback vibe, there is one element of the percussion a little bit too loud in the mix to me. I will have to check out pixaloop . You could do with a bit more variation in the song. Hope to here more next year. Have a good one.

• @YourJunk Just in time! :)
    Cool music. I love minimalist and repetitive music and this one is a good one. The sound is bizarre that is cool. It reminds me musics for experimental underground pictures (the video is in phase with the wet and hazy atmosphere of the music). See you next year to hear more from you!

• @YourJunk

Nice one 👍 I really like the PO 33. Also got one. Last year I also recorded it in garageband and used a bit of thumb jam on it... I like how you used the FX... Fun little tune half an hour before the New Year 👌🙂

• Another marathon session of song reviews. Trying to catch up before the day, month, year, and decade close out.

@richardyot
    I really like the springy opening. Cool squishy synth sounds, too. Nice vocals and lyrics. Overall, a solid tune that’s both well-conceived and well-produced.

@orchardman
    Christmas gothic! Who knew such a thing existed? I like the slow build-up with open instrumentation. Nice voice that cuts well through the background. Maybe less reverb on the voice, since it’s clearly strong enough to stand on its own at front-and-center.

@iOSTRAKON
    Really like the semi-chaotic vibe that moves in and out of different genres. Full of surprises throughout.

@enc
    This one has a good beat that syncs surprisingly extremely well with the video clips. Vocals help to add interest near the one-minute mark. I like the shift at the three-minute mark that quickly gets back into the original groove.

@uglyskratch
    Cool bang-on-a-can vibe. Nice shifts in beat with good counter-rhythms. Excellent song overall with plenty of variety without wandering to far from its base.

@FunkMachine
    Very nice pop-funk feel. Simple, repetitive theme stays interesting due to the catchy melody and supporting sub-melodies. Sustains itself quite well.

@vitocorleone123
    Excellent ethereal beginning. Opens up well with drum and bass. Sudden introduction of vocals really adds to the cumulative effect. Gets a little mushy at the build-up near the end, but trails off effectively.

@Samflash3
    Nice drippy-sound start with the introduction of voices that seem like subtle instruments. Good mix of musical elements as the song progresses. Stutter effect works well, as it seems timed to the overall beat.

@Kitusai
    Funky! Love the saxophone, which seems integral to the song in some spots and more random and whimsical in other spots. Short and sweet.

@TheAudioDabbler
    Evolves in satisfying directions, while staying true to its core. Flute-like melody near the end is a nice touch. Overall, it works extremely well.

@Elvisthenrodent
    Almost drone-like before it begins to spread its wings. Interesting throughout, despite its dedication to a near-constant beat. Succeeds because it remains insistent without becoming obsessive.

@trackedout
    I like the distorted guitar and loose timing. It fits well with the lyrics and subject matter. This is a song that grows on you as it moves along at a leisurely blues pace.

@YourJunk
    I like the way the song seems to break into component parts and then rearranges the parts for potential paths forward. Nicely comes back to the original melody and chords to reinforce the scramble/puzzle effect.

• @vitocorleone123 im trying to understand , i agree i should possibly turn down the kick a little .. something im begining to do is using no samples and just playing it all.. its alot of fun but its easy to skip along tp the next track

• @Elvisthenrodent said:
    @YourJunk

Nice laidback vibe, there is one element of the percussion a little bit too loud in the mix to me. I will have to check out pixaloop . You could do with a bit more variation in the song. Hope to here more next year. Have a good one.

Thank you. Yeah I’ve been playing with the percussion volume a bit with my last few songs. Part of why I’m looking to track them separately.

@Kitusai said:
    @YourJunk Just in time! :)
    Cool music. I love minimalist and repetitive music and this one is a good one. The sound is bizarre that is cool. It reminds me musics for experimental underground pictures (the video is in phase with the wet and hazy atmosphere of the music). See you next year to hear more from you!

Thank you, I appreciate it. Bizarre and minimalist is definitely what I aim for.

@uglyskratch said:
    @YourJunk

Nice one 👍 I really like the PO 33. Also got one. Last year I also recorded it in garageband and used a bit of thumb jam on it... I like how you used the FX... Fun little tune half an hour before the New Year 👌🙂

Thanks! Yeah I’m super digging the Pocket Operators.

@DavidEnglish - Thank you for catching onto that. That’s really what I’ve enjoyed doing on the PO-33, deconstructing samples and piecing them back together.

• @FunkMachine yeah man thanks for taking time to listen. Unconventional beat made me laugh., seems all I do is the hard way and not conventional. But I got your attention so cool. I’m very into classic rock so glad the vibe is there , thank you again