Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - December 2019

Comments

• @orchardman

Thanks a lot for pointing out the broken link πŸ™ Must've happened because I changed my username on soundcloud...

So here is the link again

Hope you don't get a relapse of your man flew while listening 😜

Happy Holidays everyone ✌️😘

• @Elvisthenrodent said:

My entry, i'm in a bit of a struggle with time this month. So i thought i would make a track of a jam session with pure acid while exploring the possibilities of the app. I like it alot.
    Will comment on the tracks posted before 2019 ends , i promise😁.

Fun jam, and it sounds like you're having fun with the app. It isn't a structured track, but it's clear you're enjoying exploring the sonic possibilities of the app.

• @richardyot i gotta say i like that bass. allost reminded me of beat it there for a sec. i like the vocals man. good job on the performance and recording... its crazy to go back a year from now and look at the progress of everyone...

• @orchardman i think the vocals sound great. i love the drum track but i honestly feel this would be much more to my liking with piano and vocals then bring in drums with guitars. . hell i would love to hear a version of this with just vocals synth aot a greand piano.. its g

• @iOSTRAKON i like what you've done with the vocals . the effects mAke it sound very cinematic. . you've done a great job , i can visualize your sound. if that makes sense

• @enc yeah very interesting. i enjoyed the visuals too. i can say this has a good sound. pro in my opinion. i would have liked to hear some natural vocals or instrument mixed in but thats just me. great work. keep at it

• @DavidEnglish cool track you got there. i feel as if i hear rain in there somewhere at parts. i too use lursen on most all. it just gives out a fat sound and simplifies everything. it did your track well

• @FunkMachine yo what up. i like your melodic funk. who cares about genre . its all about style and class and your track has got it just like everyone else this month. congratulations to everyone around the world making these sounds

• @Samflash3 don't let it be your last. you'll learn a lot from people all over the place doing the same thing you are. just keep at it here, its help me evolve a lot and open up a lot. about your track. its got a good grove and vibe to it. it would be great to have a live vocal run along with your track. don't know if your writing for a vocal track or not but its a good start in my opinion

• @Kitusai theres a bit too much going on there for me. view it as a canvas ..and vibrance in colors without mixing colors too much.. i do see where this could go. in my opinion if you spread the sound out a little more it would sound ok.

• @trackedout said:

This a lot less dense a much clearer and sparser than your usual productions, and the vocal is a lot easier to follow as well. The bass guitar is still lively though, but in a cool and laid back way.

Good song, I like the vocal melody and the lyrics, and the overall vocal delivery is great. The meandering lead gives it that trademark loose sound of yours, but as a background texture rather than the main theme.

• @Elvisthenrodent its something i find myself doing a lot, like creating a track just to try out my new mic or preamp.. i think any excuse to work is great . its a very forward driving track. .. it be nice if you explored a little more with different synth changes

• @richardyot hey thanks . I'm taking that as a good thing. yeah i was being very careful not to overcrowd. i played live drums and really wanted everything to breath

• @trackedout said:
    @richardyot hey thanks . I'm taking that as a good thing. yeah i was being very careful not to overcrowd. i played live drums and really wanted everything to breath

Wow - your timing has got a lot tighter, well done!

• @richardyot thanks i appreciate that. it only gets better with practice

• edited December 2019

Thanks for listening, everyone! I promise to get to the tracks I haven't heard yet by the New Year. I'm happy that the track I posted here is now available on Spotify! (//open.spotify.com/track/07J8lYpavmoREJ17NX5oofA) little gift to myself for the holidays. I'm not direct linking here as I already posted the song once.

To answer some questions: the drums are a combo of (tweaked) Addictive Drums + Deep Percussion Beds 2 in Kontakt + my SE-02 for a touch of sub bass. The vocals are the fantastic Ethera EVI 2.0 in Kontakt (I also have Gold and just picked up Soundscapes 2.1) - yes, they are samples, but I'm playing them. The sound at the end is a free violin Kontakt library from Performance Samples that I've abused with EQ, Kush TWK (one of my 2 favorite plugins for 2019, the other being Valhalla Delay, which also appears on this track), and some others to sort of "electrify" it, since the natural frequencies didn't fit into the track very well. All of the notes were played live by me.

I'd say that if I had to pick an influence for this track - which I never set out to have - it would be the band Red Mecca and their earlier music. I do like me a danceable beat, though.

• @uglyskratch said:
    @orchardman

Thanks a lot for pointing out the broken link πŸ™ Must've happened because I changed my username on soundcloud...

So here is the link again

Hope you don't get a relapse of your man flew while listening 😜

Happy Holidays everyone ✌️😘

You got a great beat going at the start but I must be getting old cause the rest of it didn’t really do it for me. It just seemed to jump from part and part and didn’t really work as a coherent piece. Sorry mate.

• @orchardman

No worries mate! We all getting old πŸ˜πŸ˜‰... Jokes aside: I worship your honest opinion. For sure this isn't everybody's cup of tea... How I wrote in the description it was for this sample competition and after tweaking and fiddling I was suddenly on that early Prodigy Sound... Mmh but this brings me to an idea. Maybe next month I try to please you with some singer/songwriter stuff.. πŸ€” For sure another challenge 😁
    Merry Christmas everyone and I will still listen and comment to the ones I haven't yet!

• @kituai

Haha nice weirdo track! :D Always interesting and inspiring your stuff. I listened to that song already last month, the Maniac Mansion Picture worked like a clickbait for me ;-) We played that Game with 4 friends at the C64 and the Save-Function was broken, so we everytime had to start from the beginning ;-P
    But yeah interesting piece, and you managed very good to mix organic and synthetic elements in this one. Like!

• @TheAudioDabbler

Good track, very atmospheric, cinematic... Like for a movie with some post apocalyptic setting... The percussion is first class!

• @trackedout

Beautiful man!!! I really really like your style! Charming! I mean I don't really understand what you're singing.. ;-P But I love the sound... and I can hear it 20 times and find something new everytime... Great singing, creative guitar work, okay drums could be a bit more variation, but that double time in the end is cool... Funny also the silence in the end :D

• @uglyskratch The intro rhythm has a fantastic feel and was catchy on its own, which, is quite impressive. I also appreciate the use of older percussion/drum digital samples mixed with the analog-style 909 kicks. Also, the distorted upright bass was a very cool addition and fit well with the kick but I would have maybe liked to hear the bass venture to a lower octave as the track continued. A small thing is that I also think that the polysynth could have been made more stereo to add greater width. Overall, a very good job.

• @uglyskratch thanks man i appreciate it , about the drums i was playing my drum set and was trying not to buck my neighbors so i decided on simple and solid... and what im saying is in basically the district attourney tried to arrest me on charges i didnt commit

• @trackedout This track has a very good feel and I think a lot of that is from the overdriven bass guitar and the sort of jazzy yet unconventional drum pattern/sounds. The electric guitar panned hard also gave the track a bit of a vintage vibe that I liked. I would just recommend to perhaps trim the silence at the end of the track (unless I'm missing something). Good job

• @Kitusai Very spacious and ambient. The different textures compliment each other well and the delays and reverbs blended into a very interesting design. I'll admit that the lead track (vocal/synth/horn sound), while unique and something that differentiates your piece from other's, may have benefited from more processing and mixing adjustments because it didn't fit too well in the mix. I like the bass tone you included around 1:03 and think it could have been incorporated more. Good job

• @TheAudioDabbler Your track had a very lively feel to it and the notes almost seemed to have an eastern influence, if that makes sense. The percussion had very unique tones that worked well (I.e. the metallic sounds and synthesized hand claps). As a whole, it was well-produced and remained interesting throughout.

• @Samflash3 The synth in your intro has a great tone (and sort of reminds me of the CP-80 keys played in Paul McCartney's Wonderful Christmastime) and the chords fit very well. The vocal chops add a lot of interest and I really enjoyed it when the drums and bass came in. Great style and fun to listen to.

• @FunkMachine

Thanks for the listen and the detailed review! Really appreciate it! Wow, what you all can hear is impressive (read also all your other comments to the other songs) I guess you got quite some experience... I am still a Newbie and make most decisions by feeling. So the tips you gave me I will put in my toolbox and apply them the next time...

• @Elvisthenrodent

Oh almost haven't noticed your track... Haha, you had fun with Pure Acid! I think like this a lot of members of this forum have spent their December... Its funny, you just jam around but it sounds like in some underground acid club back in the days... Super dope app... Only I am not so happy with the pattern chaining and I would love to have the automation recorded... Somehow like on the pocket operators...