Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2: what makes it so popular?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

That's like $0.00003998 per thing though @syrupcore! C'mon, have a little sympathy for the poor guy.

• Audiotracks ! :D

• @syrupcore said:

@Ozsound said:
    Thank you.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 Feels like Stone Age but works.

I would change the topic name for:

Nanostudio2 what makes it so overrated in 2020?

Think I might need another AB forum break. Nonsense like this is actually getting to me again.

👍

• @wim said:
    That's like $0.00003998 per thing though @syrupcore! C'mon, have a little sympathy for the poor guy.

Nahhh. Dude rolls into forum and basically his first 5-7 comments are trashing Zenbeats and NS2. Ain’t nobody got time for that!😂😂😂😜

• @syrupcore said:

@Ozsound said:
    Thank you.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 Feels like Stone Age but works.

I would change the topic name for:

Nanostudio2 what makes it so overrated in 2020?

Think I might need another AB forum break. Nonsense like this is actually getting to me again.

The app does like 50 million things exquisitely.

Grinds me down too 🙄

• i just opened nanostudio 2 and when i select instrument track to add an au, there’s no au showing on the list. when i open a prior project none of the aus load. not sure what happened here, any thoughts

• @reasOne said:
    i just opened nanostudio 2 and when i select instrument track to add an au, there’s no au showing on the list. when i open a prior project none of the aus load. not sure what happened here, any thoughts

Even after double-tapping on the track and choosing the Browse tab?

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:
    i just opened nanostudio 2 and when i select instrument track to add an au, there’s no au showing on the list. when i open a prior project none of the aus load. not sure what happened here, any thoughts

Sounds like internal library of available plugins is broken .. just go to AU instrument patch brower, in top menu (above place where plugins are listed) tap "MANAGE" and "REFRESH" - then restart Nanostudio ..

• @dendy said:

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

Sounds like internal library of available plugins is broken .. just go to AU instrument patch brower, in top menu (above place where plugins are listed) tap "MANAGE" and "REFRESH" - then restart Nanostudio ..

Ah, while we're at it, do you know how to add tags to presets?

• edited September 2020

@rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

You can add tags just to custom patches, not to factory patches of plugin. Just patches saved inside NS2 patch browser can have tags.

• @dendy said:

@rs2000 said:

@dendy said:

@rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:

You can add tags just to custom patches, not to factory patches of plugin. Just patches saved inside NS2 patch browser can have tags.

Perfect, thanks 😊

• i’ll try another reboot but so far this is what i’m getting

• edited September 2020

ok this is very strange ... now i'm out of ideas, only backing up all your stuff, delete NS and then install it again .. never experienced issue like this ..

Did you installed something new, some new plugin (or updated iOS) since last time it worked correctly ??
    May it be that your device has full storage ??

• update: 3 reboots and my auv3s are back!
    also i discovered it was not just ns2 but every host app was missing my library.
    this is the 3rd time since installing ios 14

• Deleted user?
    What happened?

• @reasOne said:
    update: 3 reboots and my auv3s are back!
    also i discovered it was not just ns2 but every host app was missing my library.

Ahh ok .. sounds like something is seriously broken in iOS14 .. this is probably most buggy iOS release ever...

• edited September 2020

@dendy said:

@reasOne said:

Ahh ok .. sounds like something is seriously broken in iOS14 .. this is probably most buggy iOS release ever...

there is definitely something going on with ios 14 and the apps we love! normally i update and have minimal issues but this time theres been a lot more bugs 🐜
    ive never wanted to go back to a prior ios before

• @reasOne said:

Users of other hosts have reported that accessing IAAs first enables listing of AUv3s. Something in the listing mechanism needs to be initialized.

• I’m stuck. It’s probably very easy but I don’t know how to send audio track to my project. If I understand correctly, this is the audio editor of NS2 but where do I click to send this audio to one of my track? Thanks!

• @Montreal_Music

this is not possible.. you can load ausio just into Obsidian sampler oscillator or into Slate, not on timeline in sequencer...

• @dendy said:
    @Montreal_Music

this is not possible.. you can load ausio just into Obsidian sampler oscillator or into Slate, not on timeline in sequencer...

Thank you. So, to record the audio on a track, I import the audio on the sampler of Obsidian and I play the sample and record it?

NS2 is so nice, why this obvious feature is not availlable? Wow...

• edited November 2020

@Montreal_Music said:

NS2 is so nice, why this obvious feature is not availlable? Wow...

It is on the road map and coming one day.

• edited November 2020

While we’re waiting for audio tracks I’m finding Slate to be a solid loop launcher. Even though it adds an extra step (compared to real audio tracks with recording and resampling) I feel like I can get just about any audio onto the timeline by loading it into Slate and triggering Slate pads.

Having timestretch in Slate would make this workflow even better

• edited November 2020

@ecamburn said:
    While we’re waiting for audio tracks I’m finding Slate to be a solid loop launcher. Even though it adds an extra step (compared to real audio tracks with recording and resampling) I feel like I can get just about any audio onto the timeline by loading it into Slate and triggering Slate pads.

i use Obsidian as "looper" instead of Slate, using sample start point automation (you just map some macro knob to sample start parameter, then you draw automation curve from 0 to 100 through whole pattern - with same length like lenght of whole loop, and you draw just serie of small 1/16th notes)

for smaller loops up to 16-20 bars it works very good and it has some advantaged when compared to slate

• if you move playhead to the middle of pattern and hit play, you hear loop instantly from that position

• you have very basic "time stretch" workaround - if you change rempo, loop is still played in sync ;)

• you have room for experimenring - by transposing individual notes in row you can change pitch of some segments of loop, while it is still playing in sync

• @dendy said:

@ecamburn said:

i use Obsidian as "looper" instead of Slate, using sample start point automation (you just map some macro knob to sample start parameter, then you draw automation curve from 0 to 100 through whole pattern - with same length like lenght of whole loop, and you draw just serie of small 1/16th notes)

for smaller loops up to 16-20 bars it works very good and it has some advantaged when compared to slate

• if you move playhead to the middle of pattern and hit play, you hear loop instantly from that position

• you have very basic "time stretch" workaround - if you change rempo, loop is still played in sync ;)

• you have room for experimenring - by transposing individual notes in row you can change pitch of some segments of loop, while it is still playing in sync

Interesting, 16-20 bars is a small loop for you?

• Cool tricks @dendy. I can see how that gives you more access to audio inside a loop. I like the added benefit of being able to modulate pitch.

• @AudioGus said:
    Interesting, 16-20 bars is a small loop for you?

for some people might be :-) for recording long true audio-track lile stuff and so on.. i use it usually for 1-8, just rarely 8-16bars long stuff... for longer stuff sometimes it tends to fail cause the "grain" of sample offset automation is basicallz just 1-100...

for really small loops 1-8bars it's perfect

• @dendy said:

@ecamburn said:

@dendy Thank you for your (what seems to be) endless knowledge of NS2.. 🙏 I believe this is the video that you shared here earlier, showing how it’s done..

• @royor said:

@dendy said:

@ecamburn said:

@dendy Thank you for your (what seems to be) endless knowledge of NS2.. 🙏 I believe this is the video that you shared here earlier, showing how it’s done..

It would be great if this knowledge ended up in the wiki.

• So I have a wav in audio share but for the life of me cannot figure out how to get into slate or obsidian