Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2: what makes it so popular?

Comments

• edited November 2019

@Faland said:
    Good God, this NS2 is exceptional. How could I make music on ipad without it so far? This is a game changer. Again...

Welcome to NS2! If you need some sounds and kits all the IAP are worth buying and http://www.patchstorage.com is also a good source! And be sure to check out some tools and sounds for slate and obsidian on offer at http://www.ipadbeatmaking.com

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Faland said:
    Good God, this NS2 is exceptional. How could I make music on ipad without it so far? This is a game changer. Again...

Welcome to NS2! If you need some sounds and kits all the IAP are worth buying and http://www.patchstorage.com is also a good source! And be sure to check out some tools and sounds for slate and obsidian on offer at http://www.ipadbeatmaking.com

Thank you, I’ll take a look at the site indeed. Have a nice day

• Does the sample editor in NS2 allow me to adjust ADSR like you can with Chameleon?

• edited November 2019

@TimRussell said:
    Does the sample editor in NS2 allow me to adjust ADSR like you can with Chameleon?

Not sure what you mean by adjusting ADSR in audio editor. You have ADSR (or AD or Bipolar) envelope in Obsidian (you have 5 envelopes available freely assignable to almost any parameter, env1 is default to amp, env2 to filter, env3 to pitch)

• From what I understand, in Chameleon you can apply a velocity envelope to the audio file which is to be used as a sample

• edited November 2019

You mean as offlime process to audio file ? Don't know, i don't have Chameleon... Anyway that would be weird feature, why to do such thing offlime when you can do it in realtime as part of modulation engine in sampler ?

Anyway, in NS you can apply velocity ťo various aspects of envelope directly in envelope controls:

you can control envelope amount (level) by velocity (in both negative/positive way), and you can also control time parts of envelope (eg. attack time, decay time, release time) by velocity (again in positive / negative range).. additionaly you can define how much is this velocity mapping applied from which note, so let´s say at C0 it is not applied at all and feom C0 up it is applied more and more with maximum at C7

Modulation madness.

• @rms13 : Thanks for the comparative analysis!👍

• edited January 2020

i still can’t figure out how to record the midi.
    i have sunrizer in a slot... went to midi fx, added SPA... it’s playing the part but not capturing the midi data for playback...i know it’s some where in this forum but i can’t find it!

edit.. i created a post to try to figure this out and have the info easier to search for future inquiries
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36902/nanostudio-2-recording-capturing-midi-please-help#latest

• @richardyot said:

@TimRussell said:
    Can NS2 export MIDI to Cubasis I wonder?
    I suppose another possible workaround for audio recording is simply to import the mixdown from NS2 into Cubasis.

FWIW I routinely export stems from NS2 into Auria to then add vocals and do the final mix, works flawlessly. I would imagine doing the same into Cubasis would work just fine.

It would work just fine if you do not have any tempo or time signature changes!

• I just made the move across to NanoStudio 2 - absolutely stunning music making software - pairs well with 4pockets multitrack app for those that are waiting for audio implementation! - it handles au3 plugins the best of any daw/music making software I’ve tried on iOS - developer please keep up the good work! It’s a very nice bit of software, I look forward to audio tracks and perhaps au3 automation (unless I’ve missed that part?)

Also sometimes it takes a long time to save a project, but it gets there in the end - with a little patience ;)

• edited February 2020

@Monoboy said:
    I just made the move across to NanoStudio 2 - absolutely stunning music making software - pairs well with 4pockets multitrack app for those that are waiting for audio implementation!

It has no audio tracks but you can sample live while your project is playing. For me, that's a great workaround, offering the bonus that I can trigger recorded clips e.g. by Slate pads which gives me more flexibility than a conventional DAW when arranging my riffs.

it handles au3 plugins the best of any daw/music making software I’ve tried on iOS - developer please keep up the good work! It’s a very nice bit of software, I look forward to audio tracks and perhaps au3 automation (unless I’ve missed that part?)

Well, to be honest, AUv3 automaton is incomplete.
    What you can do however is automate AUv3 generator (i.e. synth) parameters by first mapping a synth parameter to one of the eight Macro or two X/Y controls and then automate these.
    That will also let you control your favorite synth parameters from one page with macro controls which can be extremely handy for synths like Lagrange that don't present all parameters on one page without switching and switching and switching...

• AUfx automation will be nice when it comes along but in the meantime I just ask myself if I can get the sound I want with the built-in fx which can be automated. Ofttimes the answer is yes. Sometimes you have to be flexible to be productive.

• edited February 2020

@Monoboy said:
    I just made the move across to NanoStudio 2 - absolutely stunning music making software - pairs well with 4pockets multitrack app for those that are waiting for audio implementation!

I have been sitting on this scenario/fence for quite some time. Do I get this plugin and try it out in the amazing (yet amazingly incomplete) NS2?

• it handles au3 plugins the best of any daw/music making software I’ve tried on iOS - developer please >keep up the good work! It’s a very nice bit of software, I look forward to audio tracks and perhaps au3 > >automation (unless I’ve missed that part?)

...and this is the rest of the incomplete part that tells me not to get back into NS2, which is strange because I probably made most of my ‘best’ iOS tunes in NS2 in just a couple months.

• edited February 2020

@AudioGus said:

@Monoboy said:

I have been sitting on this scenario/fence for quite some time. Do I get this plugin and try it out in the amazing (yet amazingly incomplete) NS2?

• it handles au3 plugins the best of any daw/music making software I’ve tried on iOS - developer please >keep up the good work! It’s a very nice bit of software, I look forward to audio tracks and perhaps au3 > >automation (unless I’ve missed that part?)

...and this is the rest of the incomplete part that tells me not to get back into NS2, which is strange because I probably made most of my ‘best’ iOS tunes in NS2 in just a couple months.

Deffintely is worth taking the plunge, works very well in conjunction with NS2 - easy to get your head around! It also has a brilliant time stretching facility - which is another reason I got the 4pockets multitrack - it’s the best solution until audio is baked into NS2 - I’ll be honest I’ll probably end up missing multitrack when that happens!

@rs2000 said:

@Monoboy said:

It has no audio tracks but you can sample live while your project is playing. For me, that's a great workaround, offering the bonus that I can trigger recorded clips e.g. by Slate pads which gives me more flexibility than a conventional DAW when arranging my riffs.

it handles au3 plugins the best of any daw/music making software I’ve tried on iOS - developer please keep up the good work! It’s a very nice bit of software, I look forward to audio tracks and perhaps au3 automation (unless I’ve missed that part?)

What you can do however is automate AUv3 generator (i.e. synth) parameters by first mapping a synth parameter to one of the eight Macro or two X/Y controls and then automate these.
    That will also let you control your favorite synth parameters from one page with macro controls which can be extremely handy for synths like Lagrange that don't present all parameters on one page without switching and switching and switching...

Thanks for The tips! Amazing thank you ! :D

• @Monoboy said:

@AudioGus said:

@Monoboy said:

Deffintely is worth taking the plunge, works very well in conjunction with NS2 - easy to get your head around! It also has a brilliant time stretching facility - which is another reason I got the 4pockets multitrack - it’s the best solution until audio is baked into NS2 - I’ll be honest I’ll probably end up missing multitrack when that happens!

@rs2000 said:

@Monoboy said:

Thanks for The tips! Amazing thank you ! :D

You're welcome!
    Come back if you have more questions, @dendy is an even better expert in NanoStudio 2, he's been "in" since day one so to say.

• Wow Half price ! Snapped up 😁👍

• Guys, Do you think Audio support will be for Nanostudio 3 or as an update of Nanostudio 2? A bit scared to buy the v2 now and see a paid v3 popping up in 2 months.. what do you think?

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@Ozsound said:
    Guys, Do you think Audio support will be for Nanostudio 3 or as an update of Nanostudio 2? A bit scared to buy the v2 now and see a paid v3 popping up in 2 months.. what do you think?

It will be an additional In-App-Purchase (IAP) in NS2. There is no NS3 in the works.

So, yes, you will pay more when (if?) audio tracks ever come, but it'll just be an IAP, not a new version altogether. Important: there is no indication of when audio tracks will come. I believe they will, but there's no guarantee and no time frame. It's not a good idea to buy NS2 with any expectation of audio tracks coming soon.

• edited July 2020

• @wim said: So, yes, you will pay more when (if?) audio tracks ever come, but it'll just be an IAP, not a new version altogether. Important: there is no indication of when audio tracks will come. I believe they will, but there's no guarantee and no time frame. It's not a good idea to buy NS2 with any expectation of audio tracks coming soon.

Thanks @wim for the insight, I see this audio feature request for so long that I thought we were closer than that to see it coming. Let’s cross fingers.

• Ok so I bought it...but please.. you must be kidding me.. no Ableton link start/stop sync? No way to sync it with AUM??

• @Ozsound said:
    Ok so I bought it...but please.. you must be kidding me.. no Ableton link start/stop sync? No way to sync it with AUM??

Start/Stop would be a welcome update but still it’s very easy to sync with AUM as it is currently.

• @BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:
    Ok so I bought it...but please.. you must be kidding me.. no Ableton link start/stop sync? No way to sync it with AUM??

Start/Stop would be a welcome update but still it’s very easy to sync with AUM as it is currently.

Syncing the transport ? How?

• @Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

Start NS2 transport and then start AUM transport with Link enabled. ✌️

• @BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

Thank you.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 Feels like Stone Age but works.

I would change the topic name for:

Nanostudio2 what makes it so overrated in 2020?

• @Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

Oh just cut to the chase and replace Nanostudio2 with iOS and welcome to the forum!

• @Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

😂

I don’t use it much anymore (Viva la Drambo) but I don’t find it overrated. Being universal has its appeal.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

It and AUM can also be hosted in Audiobus, giving that beautiful global transport and the easy app switcher as well. (unfortunately the NS2 Rec button isn't implemented in the sidebar though. :| )

• @wim said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

@BroCoast said:

@Ozsound said:

It and AUM can also be hosted in Audiobus, giving that beautiful global transport and the easy app switcher as well. (unfortunately the NS2 Rec button isn't implemented in the sidebar though. :| )

I forgot about that. But in practice NS2 rarely starts on the first beat of a bar when using AB global transport. This is why I prefer to start NS2 first and then start the other apps.

• @Ozsound said:

Think I might need another AB forum break. Nonsense like this is actually getting to me again.

The app does like 50 million things exquisitely.