Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters Morphit headphones correction plugin now available for iOS

12346»

Comments

• @Slush said:

@rs2000 said:
    @belldu @gregsmith @Slush
    You always place the correction at the end of your audio chain, right before the output.
    And yes, you'll get a more neutral sound, that's the idea.
    You can do the same with Drambo or any more advanced fully parametric EQ with at least 8..10 bands.
    Example: https://patchstorage.com/beyerdynamic-dt770-80-ohms-correction/

I've also included a link to the github page where you can find lots of headphones correction profiles which are basically EQ settings.

Thanks!

Just remember to turn it off before exporting your final mix.

• @gregsmith said:

@Slush said:

@rs2000 said:
    You always place the correction at the end of your audio chain, right before the output.
    You can do the same with Drambo or any more advanced fully parametric EQ with at least 8..10 bands.

I've also included a link to the github page where you can find lots of headphones correction profiles which are basically EQ settings.

Thanks!

Just remember to turn it off before exporting your final mix.

Right, it’s just for reference. Thanks.

• It is important to remember that everyone has their own personal inner ear anatomy. Length, diameter and shape of the earcanal can drastically influence the hearing result due to resonances and different frequency peaks and valleys with one and the same device. This is especially true for InEars, as they create an acoustically sensitive closed system. With Morphit, the best case is a perfect personal match with your own earcanal and a specific headphone/InEar, all others can at best approximate a linear frequency response. Actually, everyone would need his own personal frequency tuning for the respective headphone.

• @rs2000 said:

Thanks for the link. The Y500’s aren’t on there either which maybe explains it. They’re very similar to the y50s which are there but I don’t think they’re actually the same.

• edited September 2023

@gregsmith said:

@rs2000 said:

Thanks for the link. The Y500’s aren’t on there either which maybe explains it. They’re very similar to the y50s which are there but I don’t think they’re actually the same.

I've just found this measurement for the Y500. Drambo has a builtin spectrum analyzer so it's quite easy to replicate the inverse curve of this one with a white noise source.

• @rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@rs2000 said:

I've just found this measurement for the Y500. Drambo has a builtin spectrum analyzer so it's quite easy to replicate the inverse curve of this one with a white noise source.

Nice! Thanks

• edited October 2023

@rs2000 said:

@gregsmith said:

@rs2000 said:

I was going to ask how this can be done within Drambo for Beats Studio 3…looks like someone already asked last month! Has anyone done this with a Drambo patch storage for Beats Studio 3? How did it sound?

In Drambo the master output is the last track right? This is very interesting , did anyone try it in comparison to Morphit to their Drambo version?

Edit - i just saw rs2000 made the patchstorage and had the GitHub info doh thought it was Greg, sorry for confusion Rs, and i also didnt know how to find the GitHub info.

• edited October 2023

The nice bit that Morphit brings to the table (and yes, this could be replicated with EQ as well, but it'd be a pain in the ass), is that you can calibrate for your headphones, and then simulate a different set of headphones on top of the neutralized sound. So you can hear, for example, what your mix will sound like through AirPods or Bose headphones or whatever you think your theoretical audience will be listening through. Great way to step through several "target" headphones quickly and make sure the mix translates to different frequency responses.

If all it did was flatten the curve of your studio headphones then yeah, it might not be worth the cost vs. just putting a good EQ at the end of your chain.

• @mjm1138 said:
    The nice bit that Morphit brings to the table (and yes, this could be replicated with EQ as well, but it'd be a pain in the ass), is that you can calibrate for your headphones, and then simulate a different set of headphones on top of the neutralized sound. So you can hear, for example, what your mix will sound like through AirPods or Bose headphones or whatever you think your theoretical audience will be listening through. Great way to step through several "target" headphones quickly and make sure the mix translates to different frequency responses.

If all it did was flatten the curve of your studio headphones then yeah, it might not be worth the cost vs. just putting a good EQ at the end of your chain.

Oh it does that as well? I was looking to have as close to FRFR as I could without getting anything else (meaning I have FRFR monitors but studio 3 aren’t flat ) so it would be a great tool I think. With drambo, i did it, and it makes a difference ; thing is, I don’t know if I did it really right . With morphit TB takes out the question …so you can like say you have a Beats Studio 3 and want to hear what Sony xm5, you can actually simulate that , like a modeler? If so count me in

• @dreamcartel said:

@mjm1138 said:

Oh it does that as well? I was looking to have as close to FRFR as I could without getting anything else (meaning I have FRFR monitors but studio 3 aren’t flat ) so it would be a great tool I think. With drambo, i did it, and it makes a difference ; thing is, I don’t know if I did it really right . With morphit TB takes out the question …so you can like say you have a Beats Studio 3 and want to hear what Sony xm5, you can actually simulate that , like a modeler? If so count me in

Yes, you can do exactly that (I just checked and both of those headphones are profiled). The one thing it doesn't do is allow you to add your own headphone profiles, so keep that in mind.

• @mjm1138 said:

@dreamcartel said:

@mjm1138 said:

Yes, you can do exactly that (I just checked and both of those headphones are profiled). The one thing it doesn't do is allow you to add your own headphone profiles, so keep that in mind.

Hey I can’t ask for more than that! It looks like Cyber Monday has morphits name on it

Thank you for checking it

• @Polyphonix said:
    It is important to remember that everyone has their own personal inner ear anatomy. Length, diameter and shape of the earcanal can drastically influence the hearing result due to resonances and different frequency peaks and valleys with one and the same device. This is especially true for InEars, as they create an acoustically sensitive closed system. With Morphit, the best case is a perfect personal match with your own earcanal and a specific headphone/InEar, all others can at best approximate a linear frequency response. Actually, everyone would need his own personal frequency tuning for the respective headphone.

We're gonna need Elon Musk's brain chip implant for that one I'm afraid.

• @dreamcartel said:

@mjm1138 said:

@dreamcartel said:

@mjm1138 said:

Hey I can’t ask for more than that! It looks like Cyber Monday has morphits name on it

Thank you for checking it

TB don’t do sales, so unless you have money arriving for Cyber Monday no point in waiting!

• Hello! I bought a Morphit and I can't find my headphones. Can I ask you to add Airpods 3?

• Version 1.9.4 for iOS and iPadOS is now available: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1487595036

New headphones profiles: Sony MDR V700, Sennheiser HD660S2, Focal Bathys, Audeze Euclid, EarFun Air Pro 2, EarFun Air Pro 3, AKG K72, Apple AirPods 3, Apple AirPods Pro 2, Beats Studio Pro, Sony WF-1000XM5, Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X

• @DJB said:
    Version 1.9.4 for iOS and iPadOS is now available: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1487595036

New headphones profiles: Sony MDR V700, Sennheiser HD660S2, Focal Bathys, Audeze Euclid, EarFun Air Pro 2, EarFun Air Pro 3, AKG K72, Apple AirPods 3, Apple AirPods Pro 2, Beats Studio Pro, Sony WF-1000XM5, Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X

Gotta be honest, these guys are maybe the most responsive, consistent, best value devs for iOS. Their prices are more than reasonable. They have as good as it gets in every category. And they listen and respond to customers, and even iOS customers, with the most speed I’ve seen from any dev besides beepstreet, bram, cem, and awesome guys like that on the forum and what not, but i literally asked them for a profile less than a month ago. And it was done within a matter of weeks. Toneboosters has a customer for life, and now im inclined to buy their Audio Units for desktop too. Anyway I love TB.

• @yellow_eyez said:

@DJB said:
    Version 1.9.4 for iOS and iPadOS is now available: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1487595036

Gotta be honest, these guys are maybe the most responsive, consistent, best value devs for iOS. Their prices are more than reasonable. They have as good as it gets in every category. And they listen and respond to customers, and even iOS customers, with the most speed I’ve seen from any dev besides beepstreet, bram, cem, and awesome guys like that on the forum and what not, but i literally asked them for a profile less than a month ago. And it was done within a matter of weeks. Toneboosters has a customer for life, and now im inclined to buy their Audio Units for desktop too. Anyway I love TB.

+1

• @yellow_eyez said:

@DJB said:

Thank you!

• @yellow_eyez said:

@DJB said:

Toneboosters is an awesome dev.

• Here’s a Morphit question: If I’m shopping for a flat frequency response audiophile type headphone to mix and master with, wouldn’t it be a good idea to look at various Morphit curves for the flattest one? I realize it might not cover things like soundstage, but ???

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Here’s a Morphit question: If I’m shopping for a flat frequency response audiophile type headphone to mix and master with, wouldn’t it be a good idea to look at various Morphit curves for the flattest one? I realize it might not cover things like soundstage, but ???

I don’t think so. These are measured by TB “lab” precisely and then the frequency response is fixed or adjusted with the right frequency to flatten the curve totally. If you look at the UI you can choose to see the correction or not. So I would say no: the only curve you might want to look at is the Harman curve but that’s not FRfR obviously

• @NoiseHorse said:
    Here’s a Morphit question: If I’m shopping for a flat frequency response audiophile type headphone to mix and master with, wouldn’t it be a good idea to look at various Morphit curves for the flattest one? I realize it might not cover things like soundstage, but ???

I would look for headphones that come close to the Harman Curve. It's easy to find frequency response graphs online.

• edited April 12

@NoiseHorse said:

Good luck, most studio headphones are not flat out of the box. And even if they’re close to flat they probably still need some correction anyway. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT770, probably the most used studio hp, certainly not harman curve flat. But easy to correct with an Oratory settings EQ curve you can find online or TB Morphit.

• I’ve installed this app on my iPad quite some time ago despite having headphones not on the list. Currently I use JLab Studio wireless and wonder how I can get the best use of this app when mixing.

• @dogonBeats said:
    I’ve installed this app on my iPad quite some time ago despite having headphones not on the list. Currently I use JLab Studio wireless and wonder how I can get the best use of this app when mixing.

If you can find the profile of the headphones somewhere, you can do a custom curve in Morphit and recreate the profile

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    If you can find the profile of the headphones somewhere, you can do a custom curve in Morphit and recreate the profile

I hate to sound like a noob, but how can I find that info.. So far, I can only find an output of 110±3db. Maybe I have to search more

• @dogonBeats said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

I hate to sound like a noob, but how can I find that info.. So far, I can only find an output of 110±3db. Maybe I have to search more

Definitely not a noob thing so don’t worry about it haha. They can be hard to find for real, it’ll look like an EQ curve, I think I used the wrong term too. Try to find the frequency response of the headphones, that should get you what you need. I have a pair of headphones I’ve been searching for forever to try and make the custom curve but no luck.

• edited April 12

@Fingolfinzz said:

@dogonBeats said:

@Fingolfinzz said:

Definitely not a noob thing so don’t worry about it haha. They can be hard to find for real, it’ll look like an EQ curve, I think I used the wrong term too. Try to find the frequency response of the headphones, that should get you what you need. I have a pair of headphones I’ve been searching for forever to try and make the custom curve but no luck.

This could help: https://autoeq.app

It's also on Github but the app is nicer to use.

GH Wiki (explains usage with EQs)