Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters Morphit headphones correction plugin now available for iOS

Comments

• @Janosax said:
    Another really nice use case is monitoring. My Shure SE215 IEMS sounds much better with Morphit correction for saxophone/tracks monitoring, and even better with simulation. I love my Superlux HD681EVO sound Signature, so I correct SE215 then simulate HD681EVO at 70% and the result is quite amazing, giving a very pleasing and precise monitoring. Totally worth it!!!

Nice idea. It's essentially a great Visual EQ with 2 phases of preset options:

1. Correction (to achieve a flat response on the selected cans).
    2. Simulation (to morph to the spectrum response of some target set of cans (which are not flat, you see?)

For the home cook... just turn on some music and flip through the Correct presets for something you like. Write it down. Then add the Simulation to get even closer to something
    that makes you love your Sennheiser HD202's (cheap as shit) headphones.

Repeat with a better brand of headphones for even better results.

• I wonder if they can make an app that does this with speakers.
    Maybe with combination speaker & room calibration test tones/noise, but without extra gear. Only your iPhone/iPad internal microphones.

• edited November 2019

I use hd681 also. Will try 70 percent. What does brighter mean. Just more highs because morphit does add a dullness but a bit more bass. I also eq to make it sound better again. Im basically setting it to how someone else would hear it should they use hd681, minus hifi-ness?

• My Sennheiser HD590 are not supported.
    Anything close enough?

• Perhaps the HD600??

@tja said:
    My Sennheiser HD590 are not supported.
    Anything close enough?

• @DJB will you support AirPods Pro?

• New version is out - with measurement data visualization, grid lines, and a couple of GUI enhancements.

• @rezidue said:
    @DJB will you support AirPods Pro?

@DJB please :D

• It has been updated. Now you can use your Airpods Pro. Yes!

• And PowerBeats Pro, which I had requested 😏😏😏 what a great company

• Anybody using Samson SR850s with this? They are not supported but I have read that they are a clone of the Superlux HD668B which are supported.

• it would be cool if this app worked on portable speakers like the jbl charge or what not so i can be lazy and mix in the woods while still hearing some nature, ya i know not ideal room for mixing lol but those dang jbls are to bass happy

• @DJB said:

New version is out - with measurement data visualization, grid lines, and a couple of GUI enhancements.

Hey there, can you add algos for the ipad and iphone speakers? Is that a possibility?

• @Shiro said:

@DJB said:

New version is out - with measurement data visualization, grid lines, and a couple of GUI enhancements.

Hey there, can you add algos for the ipad and iphone speakers? Is that a possibility?

They're geniuses, not miracle workers.

• My old and trusty Sennheiser HD590 are not supported.

Anything close enough?
    Or can I forget this?

• edited February 2020

@tja said:
    My old and trusty Sennheiser HD590 are not supported.

Anything close enough?
    Or can I forget this?

I emailed their support to request a pair and they added them. If you want to find your cans on RTings and create your own eq setting based on the frequency response chart, you could do that. Seems like a lot of work, but it could give you an idea of any major areas to adjust, or at least be weary of.

Sonar works has an app that can play music with profiles but not sure if the 590s are there either

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sonarworks-true-fi/id1363898701

• @animalelder said:

@tja said:
    My old and trusty Sennheiser HD590 are not supported.

Anything close enough?
    Or can I forget this?

I emailed their support to request a pair and they added them. If you want to find your cans on RTings and create your own eq setting based on the frequency response chart, you could do that. Seems like a lot of work, but it could give you an idea of any major areas to adjust, or at least be weary of.

Sonar works has an app that can play music with profiles but not sure if the 590s are there either

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sonarworks-true-fi/id1363898701

The website did not work on Safari, but on Chrome.
    This is the required link (which works): https://www.sonarworks.com/truefi/headphones
    So, they are not supported.

I am not sure if TB would be willing to add support for such an old product.
    I may try, many thanks!

BTW, I could not find them on rtings.com.

I found some reviews with technical details, but no FRC.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_2/sennheiser-hd-590-headphones-5-2000.html
    https://www.headphonereviews.org/headphone/Sennheiser/HD590

The frequency response chart seems to be lost, but I found this thread with some re-creation?!?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sennheiser-hd-590-graph.62262/

Need to have a closed look at this.

• We’ll add the hd590s to the requested models list. Hopefully we can find a pair for measurements :-/

• This is a great app. I think I've been using it wrong. I've been putting it on my master channel as the first plugin. Should it be the final plugin in the master channel? 😳

• At the End of the chain: the Final output. :)

• @cuscolima said:
    It has been updated. Now you can use your Airpods Pro. Yes!

But do these actually have good enough latency to use when making music, or just for listening? Oh man, I would love to be able to use Bluetooth headphones for music making, would finally not miss the headphone jack

• For mixing and mastering mostly.

• I don’t have this on ios but on my mac it has been very valuable. I also run IK multimedia’s arc2 system for my speakers. Both are really helpful. But I forget to turn either one off when bouncing more often than not. I miss harrison mixbus’ monitor output, where I could leave both plugins and they didn’t affect the bounce. Obviously not using both plugins at the same time, I have to switch between them depending on whether I’m in speakers or phones

Huge difference with my 7506, really good difference with my q701 (which are pretty flat already, but morphit does a bit of correction that does make it better to mix on them).

• edited April 2020

Anyone also have Sonarworks Calibration on desktop. I wonder how they compare.

I swear by Sonarworks and have been using the speaker and headphone calibration for years; I even have a pair of custom measured headphones from them.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    This is awesome, but how do I change the default preset to skip this step?

It seems like you can't. Double-tapping where it shows the preset name lets you give it a name. But I'll be damned if I can figure out how to make that persist when reloading the app. I resorted to saving an AUM preset and just loading that each time.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This should be an easy fix for @DJB for the rescue

Would love to be able to set my audio technica to default mode

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@ehehehe said:
    Thanks for checking, what a workflow killer...

Uh huh ... two whole screen taps. ;)

More of a wtf? to me than a real problem. I just save the preset in the host and it's easy enough to recall. They should fix it though ... in all their plugins.

• Any users out there have an idea how I might use this in conjunction with Final Touch please?