Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ToneBoosters Morphit headphones correction plugin now available for iOS

DJBDJB
edited November 2019 in General App Discussion

Link to App store:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tb-morphit/id1487595036?ls=1

ToneBoosters Morphit is an AUv3 plugin for headphones correction and simulation and removes any unwanted coloration from your headphones!

Enable accurate monitoring and calibration, mix with studio reference equalization, and improve the accuracy of your headphones. Used and trusted by thousands of studios worldwide, and now available on your mobile device!

How to use Morphit as AUv3 plugin for headphones correction:

1. Connect your headphones to your iOS device (using the headphones jack, using BlueTooth, or using an adapter as supplied by Apple). You can use any of the many supported headphones listed here: www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html

2. Start your favourite AUv3 host app (Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, Auria, AUM, or others) and add TB Morphit as Audio Unit insert effect to a track or output bus. See below on how to use Audio Units in various host apps.

3. Select the headphones you are using from the list of supported headphones provided within the TB Morphit app. That's it - all audio going through the Audio Unit plugin is optimised for your headphones.

Key features:

• The same professional sound as the acclaimed desktop version
  • Hundreds of headphones supported!
  • Unique feature: allow morphing of the amount of correction from 0 to 200%
  • Unique feature: allow simulation of any of the supported headphones and see how your mix translates
  • Unique feature: personalize the headphones target curve
  • Unique feature: use Harman calibration / target curves
  • No external hardware required; works with any of the supported headphones models
  • Undo/redo, and A/B comparison
  • Color themes for the user interface
  • Max screen support in Garageband
  • Legacy Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
  • Optimised for iPad and compatible with iPhone and iPod Touch

See if your headphones are supported:
www.toneboosters.com/tb_morphit_v1.html

Comments

• Y’all are spoiling us!

• This will be the most expensive iOS app of all because it’s going to make me upgrade my headphones!

• @gusgranite said:
    This will be the most expensive iOS app of all because it’s going to make me upgrade my headphones!

Well the great thing with Morphit is that you don't have to :-) It's amazing what you can do with relatively cheap headphones plus correction on top of it!

• @DJB said:

@gusgranite said:
    This will be the most expensive iOS app of all because it’s going to make me upgrade my headphones!

Well the great thing with Morphit is that you don't have to :-) It's amazing what you can do with relatively cheap headphones plus correction on top of it!

Good point!

Can’t wait to try this. Thank you for bringing it to iOS.

• @DJB so you remove Morphit before the final mix down/render?

• @gusgranite said:
    @DJB so you remove Morphit before the final mix down/render?

Yes, I do.

• I use it on desktop and the first thing I noticed was just how much better it made commercial pro mixes sound and... just how much work I need to do on my mixes. ;)

Thanks for bringing this here! It has been one of my remaining ‘but on desktop I have...’ plugins. Now I just need Stutter Edit (unlikely) and Looperator (hopefuly!) on iOS.

• Best thing about this is I can now go between my closed back headphones on the commute and open back headphones at home and have far less discrepancy between them. :)

• I use my Apple iPhone headphones for everything so this is going to make things a LOT easier 😂

• this plugin is awesome. I've used it for a while now on desktop. When you're in a situation where proper monitors aren't available, it will help you get the flattest response for your cans.

• Are there any other benefits to having this app other than for mixing?

• edited November 2019

@McD said:
    Are there any other benefits to having this app other than for mixing?

For pleasure listening I found it makes things sound better. Some older things that may have not had the best mix really came to life.

• @AudioGus said:

@McD said:

For pleasure listening I found it makes things sound better. Some older things that may have not had the best mix really came to life.

Can I insert it into typical iPhone apps like iTunes my Podcast player apps? or does it require
    insertion into a DAW?

• @McD said:

@AudioGus said:

@McD said:

Can I insert it into typical iPhone apps like iTunes my Podcast player apps? or does it require
    insertion into a DAW?

It does require a daw that can host AUfx. I have been using it on top of TubeAU for listening to youtube videos.

• @AudioGus where do you set your plugin gain and do you keep the limiter on in Morphit?

• edited November 2019

i was always skeptic to these headphones / monitors correction plugins ... but tried it ... it definitely helped to removed a bit of mid-freq mud on my Senheiiser HD650 .. but on other side it is making things just worse when used on Apple Airpods (it adds lot of mud at too much of sub bass spectrum) ...

still not sure i will use it even for Senns, i need to try create some mix with it enabled, and then i will see how that mix will sound on my various refferential sound systems ...

But so far - on HD650 i definitely hear significant improvement, i can better identify what is happening in mid bass spectrum ...

@McD

I think that is exactly purpose of such plugin - to help with mixing :)

• Apple really needs to step up the iOS/iPadOS 'audio routing thing' and allow users to pass all audio thru plug-ins if the user desires to do so... (I mean plug-ins like these do wonders to Spotify and iTunes etc. etc.).

Thankfully my ATH-M50x are supported by the app but I do wonder how much the 'source' (ie. 3.5mm jack, Steinberg UR-242 or any external DAC adds to the chain of complexity?).

• Is the Apple EarPods calibration based on the Lightning or 3.5mm version?
    (There is an audible difference between the Lighting and 3.5mm EarPods).

• Apple AirPod Pro ?
    Sennheiser HD7 ?

Is it possible to update the database? None of my headsets are in the list...

• edited November 2019

Later today I'll likely do some deep listening and see how well the app 'emulates' another set of cans.
    I've got at least three cans on the list (AKG K-701, ATH-M50x and Sennheiser HD598) so will they sound like the 'each other' :)

And well, I know that the EarPods will never sound like AKG K-701 or the 'bigger' ones due to physical limits but anyways...

• Does this also do crossfeed (like CanOpener Studio on the Mac)?

• @DJB thanks for porting this on iOS, really useful. By the way, the link to the list of supported headphones is broken.

• Neither my AKG Y500s and Furutech ADL H118s are supported. Saves me a few quid I guess :smiley:

• Anyone tested how much of a difference this makes to akg k702?

• @ToMess said:
    Anyone tested how much of a difference this makes to akg k702?

I only have the AKG701s and I can definitely hear a difference.
    Here's a graph over the K702 adjustments.

• @Samu said:

@ToMess said:
    Anyone tested how much of a difference this makes to akg k702?

I only have the AKG701s and I can definitely hear a difference.
    Here's a graph over the K702 adjustments.

Thanks. I think ill add this to my to be bought in the future list :)

• I just tested this out on my Bose QC25s, which are the most coloured headphones I own and the results were quite impressive IMO, made them much more useful for music-making (which could be handy when travelling).

I'm going to test them with my Beyer DT770s later, which should also be interesting as they are very much in boom tizz territory with their scooped midrange (but they do have very deep bass is which super useful for checking mixes). If this plugin can bring them into Focal Spirit or HD650 territory that would be pretty cool.

Now I wish I could use this with Spotify to make the Bose cans actually sound good.

• @DJB Is there any way to set the 'default color theme' for each of the TB apps / AUv3's?
    I ask this since this is the first thing I do every time launch an AUv3 to make them easier to see...
    (I can't seen to find any 'save as default' or something similar in the AUv3's).

• is this a eq for poor quality headphones?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    is this a eq for poor quality headphones?

It's an EQ for all supported headphones, most of which are pretty high quality :)