Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fractal Bits by Alexander Zolotov

Comments

• @Skyblazer said:
    Here's a Patch Storage link to the Mozaic patch I made which allows you to play pitched notes on Fractal Bits, using MIDI notes and the Transpose slider.

https://patchstorage.com/chromatic-fractal-for-fractal-bits/

Is anyone interested in sharing kits? I've been making kits to be played with MPC pads, kits with interesting sounds, and kits with melodic sounds. I'm thinking about making a list of codes for kicks/snares/hats/etc sorted by which pad they appear on, so that I can assemble kits as I would with a library of samples.

That is really awesome! Thanks 🙏

• @Skyblazer Thank you for the Mozaic patch.. loving Fractal Bits and this will be another playground for it.. I like the idea of sharing kits - BUT - I also love the complete unknown of hitting the "next" button on Fractal Bits.. it's like xmas with every push of the button. :)

• Fractal Bits and Koala. Two iOS apps that go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Or if you are more health-conscious... peanut butter and jellyfish 😝).

• edited October 2019

Some great things popping out of this chaos box so far.

2,868,731,313 is probably my favourite but I’m going to have a quick browse through the library again to double check on that.

• @haulin_notes said:

Fractal Bits and Koala. Two iOS apps that go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Or if you are more health-conscious... peanut butter and jellyfish 😝).

Peanut butter and vegemite is a favourite around here. :)

Other mites may vary.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

2,868,731,313 is probably my favourite but I’m going to have a quick browse through the library again to double check on that.

What is that number used for? The codes are only 8 characters long...

• @Skyblazer said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

What is that number used for? The codes are only 8 characters long...

I think he uses that number to keep track of favorite sound patch.
    He has generated billions, apparently!
    🤓

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

:smiley:

• Picked this up yesterday, and lost a few hours to it immediately using Roseta to feed it triggers and LFOs. Very cool!

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach the next (>>>) and previous (<<<) buttons to midi? Would be great to use this with an external midi controller.

Thanks

• @DYMS said:
    Picked this up yesterday, and lost a few hours to it immediately using Roseta to feed it triggers and LFOs. Very cool!

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach the next (>>>) and previous (<<<) buttons to midi? Would be great to use this with an external midi controller.

Thanks

Unfortunately, not a parameter that's exposed. Agreed that it would be awesome to control those settings via MIDI.

• @haulin_notes said:

Fractal Bits and Koala. Two iOS apps that go together like peanut butter and jelly. (Or if you are more health-conscious... peanut butter and jellyfish 😝).

How are you recording into Koala immediately from Fractal Bits?

• @TheVimFuego said:

@haulin_notes said:

Other mites may vary.

The only mite for me is Mar. My wife hates it though. I can weaponise it. It’s like garlic to a vampire.

Im very suggestible this morning, so I’m off for a slice of marmite on toast. Yum. Sorry wifey. :lol:

• @Michael_R_Grant maybe just the internal microphone? That would work for sure, but lofi (what many are after for ;))

• edited December 2019

@Michael_R_Grant
    It’s longer than 24 hours ago, and my brain is short of memory space... 😄
    Just kidding... it’s in AUM. If you look carefully at the first second of that video, before Koala UI obscures it. You’ll see the setup used, with mixbus send to Koala to channel 2. Also, make sure within Koala screen it is set to “IAA”.

I love how Koala can “pop up” into anything like that, even though it’s not AUv3! (I keep Koala in the bottom menu bar for easy retrieval. Recently used Koala filled with sampled bits and bobs from Streemur. That is some wild and wacky wide thru wadio... ride thru radio, i mean.) 🎁

• having a blast ! tx mister Zolotov

• Made a Fractal beat. Its all I could achieve. Music is difficult. If it gets a name, then it gets an upload.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tiixrhh31odx7db/The Pinball Wizard.wav?dl=0

• @sigma79 said:
    Made a Fractal beat. Its all I could achieve. Music is difficult. If it gets a name, then it gets an upload.

Nice, sparse track. Me gusta.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@sigma79 said:
    Made a Fractal beat. Its all I could achieve. Music is difficult. If it gets a name, then it gets an upload.

Nice, sparse track. Me gusta.

Thanks. Dont make much. As you can hear its a default preset in Tardigrain. Was going to use monoke also but it wasnt there. Just left it how it is, as theres no overall midi recording ( Volca drum also ) and its made with just headphones but theres interesting sounds.

• As it goes I will try re-recording to see if its better to not bother re-recording.

• When I make tunes. I think well that just sounds like the end of a tune. No proper technique. No composition.

• I will try to remix but with xequence maybe to see how xequence works with external drums.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@haulin_notes said:

Other mites may vary.

Much fun sir! I need to get into sampling actual instrument type things into koala, everything I do with it is made of bits of vehicle passing noises and the odd tweeting bird or rushing river 😁 reminds me of my old Yamaha thing, qy something or other with the ribbon controller, same story, still got the London tube samples fro when I carried that around late 90’s 🤣

• @sigma79 said:
    I will try to remix but with xequence maybe to see how xequence works with external drums.

I think you’re selling yourself short. Forgot who said it but art is about removing things until nothing can’t be removed anymore. I rarely, if ever, reach that point.

• I did an unintended remix ( didnt noticed you post ) Basically one arm, in the dark. Completely effortless but as tweakable as a Lyra. Its crap but also quite good. At the end is kind of a Lusine beat.

I guess my dropbox gb is gone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vx32onlaxyb193y/Pinball FM.wav?dl=0

• Before buying an ipad etc. If I heard all that noise Id be like' how much effort to make noise.

So easy to make noise.

• This app has quietly but steadily become a workhorse in my creative process. More percussion sounds than you can shake a fist at and the interface makes it dead simple to explore, lock what you like, explore more, until you’ve dialed in the beat you want. Ridiculously cheap considering how much I use it.

• Yeah, I thought digistix would be my go to drum thing, I now just rozeta fractal it, instant happiness and zero stress

• Yeah love this
    Just using brams Rosetta randomising , then, keep changing fractal till I like a sound, lock the sound then keep hitting next till next great sound, quick and a never ending sound pallette

• edited February 2020

@Nicebutfun said:
    Yeah love this
    Just using brams Rosetta randomising , then, keep changing fractal till I like a sound, lock the sound then keep hitting next till next great sound, quick and a never ending sound pallette

the next option is the greatest! i really enjoy the process of sequencing something to fb then just locking and nexting until it works!

• Could one of you please post a picture or a short video of your set-up/workflow with the Bitz & Rosetta please? I have never been able to figure out how to use Rosetta Au and I love Fractal Bitz! Thank you so much, I’d love to jump into this fun thang wit ya’ll! Cheers!