Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fractal Bits by Alexander Zolotov

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1482725385

Fractal Bits is a drum synth with over four billion unique sounds created by fractal algorithms.
Each set of 12 drums corresponds to a code of 8 characters (you can save/copy/paste it as plain text).

Features:

• Audio Unit Extension (AUv3), Audiobus;
  • search for new sounds with three buttons: next random set, edit code, previous set;
  • three types of keyboards for live drumming: on-screen buttons, PC keyboard, MIDI input;
  • six additional processing parameters + control of all parameters via MIDI;
  • real-time audio recording to WAV (32-bit);
  • export to: WAV (one file or a set), SunVox (samples + effects in one file), text clipboard;
  • the LCK button freezes individual drums - they will not change during the search for new sets;
  • Wi-Fi export/import.

Comments

• Bought. FULL Joy. Leave it to Alexander Zolotov to come up with a concept this brilliant and execute it in his uncompromising style.

Also: @Samu I think you’re going to love this one. B)

• Whoa...this is crazy fun!

• My artichoke is almost done. I think I need to skip my late night snack and do some fractal algorithmic boogying!

• This is pretty tight. I’m using it with Bandit right now and my robotic ancestors just shed a tear as best as they could

• Another top from Alexander. Thanks just bought, play 5 minutes and enjoyed. Will dig later after work😂😂😂

• First 8 pads in Rozeta X0X

• whoa:)
    quite a fresh contraption!:)
    bigups Alex.

• @Proppa said:
    Bought. FULL Joy. Leave it to Alexander Zolotov to come up with a concept this brilliant and execute it in his uncompromising style.

Also: @Samu I think you’re going to love this one. B)

Don’t ‘think’ know. I’m already a SunVox junkie so this one is really a no brainer :D
    And for 36 drums use the 3 octave mode (3 sounds per pad).

• Having fun with this. Cheap as chips and easy to use.

• AU$3? Bought on dev reputation without hesitation.

(10 minutes later) Brilliant.

• Instabuy for me, I love all his apps, and the unique sounds they provide. Just made my first of several billion kits, and tested the export to AudioShare. All good. :)

• Excellent work :)

• Too much fun and instant gratification if one even remotely likes electronic percussion and effect sounds.
    The 3 octave mode extends the sound palette quite a bit.

Maybe someday we'll get an option to adjust a few of the parameters similar to the DrumSynth module in SunVox :)
    (Decay for longer sounds would be appreciated as an example as would loop on/off which some sounds use).

Maybe there are 'hidden codes' for in the input dialogue to partially affect the outcome?
    (Like the Casio synths with numerical input?).

It's 8 entries each with a 4-bit value (0-F) but there's 12 sounds so some parameters are likely 'shared' or something.

So far this just just about perfect for generating sampler fodder for EG Pulse, Koala, DigiSticks, BM3 etc. etc.

• absolutely loving this. However after export to Sunvox I cant find the file within the sunvox directory structure..............

• £1.99 instabuy territory

• Fractal Bits, now sitting at #25 for all apps in the US appstore, reaching #2 for music. I’m Casey Kasem.

• @e121 said:
    Fractal Bits, now sitting at #25 for all apps in the US appstore, reaching #2 for music. I’m Casey Kasem.

Jeepers Scoob, I just learned Casey Kasem did the voice for Shaggy. Never knew that. Quick, someone do a Scooby Doo Beat with Fractal Bits.

• bought! this will be perfect for making glitch kits for my Volca sample :smiley:

• Well, this looks fun! Need to do a jam with his other apps.

• Digitakt feeder.

• Brilliant.... arrives unannounced completely out of the blue and is just superb at an unbelievably cheap price. Boom!

• 4 billion sounds. Need to put a £ in the bank.

• edited October 2019

@SheffieldBleep said:
    absolutely loving this. However after export to Sunvox I cant find the file within the sunvox directory structure..............

I think you need to manually copy the *.sunvox file to the SunVox folder structure using Files.app...
    (Fractal Bits saves a *.sunvox file to its own folder structure).

In Files.app long-tap on the *.sunvox file in the Fractal Bits folder, select move, browse to SunVox and tap move.

• Crazy good!

Just pointed an evolving Riffer riff at Fractal Bits and got a good groove going in Playbeat... Lost an hour in pure rhythmic bliss.

• Great stuff!

• Insane genius developer, goodness they should be millionaires!

• Yay. Kobalt.

• I don’t want work, I want to bang on the drum all day!

• edited October 2019

1 in US Store in Music