Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoKEY Studio iOS 13

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Yeh. It’s keeping me on iOS 12 for now. It will probably work for me since it’s already paired, but I’d hate to lose that paring and then not be able to get it back. Still, apparently it will still work with USB connection.

I’m not dying for iOS 13 anyway. But I do hope Korg gets their act together. I’m guessing it’s Korg that needs to adjust. Probably they took some shortcuts in initial Bluetooth pairing security and iOS 13 closed whatever security loophole they took advantage of. Just a guess.

• This issue is keeping me from pulling the trigger on a microKey Air 61. I had it in my Sweetwater cart the day this thread started, now I’m tempted to just get a second Sensel Morph Instead and dodge any future Korg issues.

• Korg just sent out another email regarding this issue. Quote:
    “Dear KORG users,

Please be advised that we are currently testing all KORG products for compliance with upcoming Mac updates including iOS 13 and MacOS Catalina, and will confirm compliance dates for each KORG product when possible.
    We strongly advise against updating your Mac OS/iOS until further notice.

To date, we have found that there are products that do not work currently with these OS.
    Of note, the KORG USB MIDI Driver, the standard driver for all Korg products outfitted with USB MIDI, is not currently compatible.

Oct. 1st, 2019 - List of supported products with:

iOS 13 or iPadOS 13

• Gadget 2 for iOS
    • KORG Module Pro
    • KORG Module
    • KORG ELECTRIBE Wave
    • ARP ODYSSEi
    • KORG iMono/Poly
    • KORG iWAVESTATION
    • KORG iM1 for iPad
    • iPolysix for iPad
    • iMS-20 for iPad
    • KORG iDS-10
    • iKaossilator for iPhone and iPad
    • iELECTRIBE for iPhone
    • iELECTRIBE for iPad
    • iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition”

snip

“iOS 13

• microKEY Air (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)
    • nanoKEY Studio (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)
    • nanoKONTROL Studio (cannot connect via Bluetooth MIDI)”

Guess I’ll wait a little longer.

Full statement here:

https://www.korg.com/us/news/2019/0911/

• They also need to update their MacOS editor app for Catalina as it is 32bit.

• @Mark B said:
    They also need to update their MacOS editor app for Catalina as it is 32bit.

It is a bit surprising how a company with the resources of Korg could be this blindsided by the development.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@Mark B said:

It is a bit surprising how a company with the resources of Korg could be this blindsided by the development.

This!

• @Mark B said:

The drivers need an updates too since the apps can not communicate with the devices without a 'Korg Driver'.
    Same with Yamaha/Steinberg and their stuff which I find pretty weird...

The dspMixFX on the iPad needs no 'drivers' to communicate with the UR but the desktop needs a driver like WTF.

I have ZERO issues connecting my nanoKEY Studio to my iPhone 8 or iPad Air 2 both running latest iOS/iPadOS versions and yes, i've removed the devices and successfully re-connected them too.

Wish everything was just 'class compliant' and proprietary drivers would be a thing of the past...

• @Samu said:

@Mark B said:

I have ZERO issues connecting my nanoKEY Studio to my iPhone 8 or iPad Air 2 both running latest iOS/iPadOS versions and yes, i've removed the devices and successfully re-connected them too.

Wish everything was just 'class compliant' and proprietary drivers would be a thing of the past...

That’s what’s so weird. I have the same setup (Air 2) but have heard of both scenarios. I was actually about to take the plunge earlier today but then Korg sent out their email. Tabernak!

• @Samu said:

+1 weird. Not that you didn't have problems connecting, but that you were able to reconnect after removing. That's at odds with other reports, and my experience with the iPhone 7s. After i removed, I could no longer connect.

I'm holding off on the Air 2 as in my eyes there's no compelling reason to update. I can forego the features until the Korg issues are worked out.

• I still can not connect my Nanokey Studio to my iPad 12.9' Pro 2017 with iPadOS 13.2.2. Is there already a solution for this problem?

• Have you tried Bluetooth settings, forget device and re-pairing?

• What ever you do DONT FORGET DEVICE. The only people who have succeeded in using the BT Korg devices are those that had them paired before they updated to ios13.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Have you tried Bluetooth settings, forget device and re-pairing?

It's even not detected in the Bluetooth settings, so forget the device in not a possibility. The Korg Midi Bluetooth app detects the Nanokey Studio but refuses to connect it.

• Oops. Thanks for breaking stuff again Apple. Side rant but since I updated to Catalina I haven't been able to connect to any public wifi spots using landing pages. Security reasons...

• And now we have to make choices: not being able to use NKS in BT, or not being able to buy some iOS13 only apps like new BlueMangoo ones. That really sucks. I refuse to update to iOS13, I bought NKS only two years ago.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    What ever you do DONT FORGET DEVICE. The only people who have succeeded in using the BT Korg devices are those that had them paired before they updated to ios13.

I've done the 'Forget Device' and even paired my nanoKey Studio with a device it was not previously connected with...
    Guess I'm lucky or something?!

• @Samu said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    What ever you do DONT FORGET DEVICE. The only people who have succeeded in using the BT Korg devices are those that had them paired before they updated to ios13.

I've done the 'Forget Device' and even paired my nanoKey Studio with a device it was not previously connected with...
    Guess I'm lucky or something?!

It seems to me that NKS has an interchangeable BT chip, so perhaps there are different versions? When did you buy it?

• @Janosax said:

>

It seems to me that NKS has an interchangeable BT chip, so perhaps there are different versions? When did you buy it?

Could be, I bought mine long, long time ago.
    The first time ever I paired it to my iPhone 8 was after I had already updated the iPhone 8 to iOS13...

iOS/iPadOS 13.3 should be out soonish and ho knows maybe it will contain some fixes.

• edited November 2019

Still not working on iOS 13.3 b3. Gadget sees it, but won’t connect. Also can’t see it in Bluetooth settings.

Will connect to a freshly-wiped 12.4.3 iPhone; not viewable in Bluetooth settings, but connecting in Gadget beings up a Pair via Bluetooth dialog, and once done appears in Bluetooth settings.

I suspect it’s related to how iOS 13 triggers a Bluetooth pairing - different / more secure method? I reckon this can either be fixed in iOS13 or via a firmware update to the nanoKEY. I’ve raised it with Apple several times, but nothing from Korg since 31st October.

• Korg have issued a fix for iOS13 and Catalina bluetooth issues.

iOS: https://www.korg.com/au/news/2019/112902/
    Mac: https://www.korg.com/au/news/2019/112903/

• @blakkaz said:
    Korg have issued a fix for iOS13 and Catalina bluetooth issues.

Finally!

Thanks for reporting this @blakkaz

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Wow! Between KEW AU and this Korg be diggin’’ theyselves outta the hole big time this week. 👍

• edited November 2019

EDIT: FIXED. Had to swop out the USB lead for a better one.
    The updater can't detect my connected Nanokey Studio. It's in boot mode. Anyone having the same problem?

• edited November 2019

@Ed 209 said:
    EDIT: FIXED. Had to swop out the USB lead for a better one.
    The updater can't detect my connected Nanokey Studio. It's in boot mode. Anyone having the same problem?

I did have - but then I updated to the latest Korg usb driver and then all worked (it’s also important to actually unpack the zip file and run the updater from the folder you unpacked it to)

All in it took best part of an hour (including download times and allowing for iterations due to not RTFM) but all good now :)

• Now the question is if it’s already working do I do the system update?? We’ll find out!

• @blakkaz said:
    Korg have issued a fix for iOS13 and Catalina bluetooth issues.

Thanks 🙏🏼

• It needed some patience but releasing system update 1.08 'repaired' my Nanokey Studio. It took only a few minutes to update on my Macbook Pro. Finally I can make a Bluetooth connection again with iPad.

Thank you, Korg.

• I've been waiting for this to be fixed for months! I just wanted to check if there's anything new regarding the issue and I saw this post!

Is there any way to subscribe these kind of news directly from Korg?

• Good news !!! Finally..