Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoKEY Studio iOS 13

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Of course it’ll be fixed.
    And, that’s simply not accurate. This has been one of the most problem free major iOS updates in my memory.

• My Korg MicroKey Air (Bluetooth Midi Keyboard Controller) will not connect to my 2018 iPad via Bluetooth.
    It will connect using a USB cable.

My Apple Pencil connects and works fine.

I'll be keeping my 2017 iPad on iOS 12.4.1 until this is fixed, and it's known that there are no other significant issues with Music Apps and such.

• @wim said:
    How ‘bout your serial #, @samu?
    I’m trying to decide whether or not to update my Air 2, and trying to think if it’s just a random thing or if maybe my hunch about earlier vs. later production might be right.

My serial number is around 13000, I bought it less than a year ago and it works fine.

@BiancaNeve said:
    I wonder if it only works with devices that already have paired with it pre upgrade ?

Based on my friend's experience, this would be my guess.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Interesting. Well, I guess that eliminates the production date theory. It also means that it’s possible it might not be able to pair once again if that initial pairing is lost. No iPadOS update for me for now then.

• I haven’t tried my NanoKey yet, but connecting my Apple mouse via Bluetooth was very inconsistent and buggy. 13.1.1 here. I bet there are some ios13 Bluetooth bugs to iron out.

• Fwiw the relevant post on the KorgForums has exactly two entries, the last one from mid August. No idea whether Korg even monitors their own forum.

• NanoKEY studio had been paired with my Pro 9.7 and SE before and connects to both on iOS13.1.1 without problems.

• i have an iPad that had been paired before which can still connect on iOS13 and a second iPad that had not been paired before and can’t connect on iOS13, so that seems to confirm the theory.

• Now who want to forget Nanokey Studio in Bluetooth devices to confirm the theory? :D Perhaps it will not pair again be careful!!

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@Janosax said:
    Now who want to forget Nanokey Studio in Bluetooth devices to confirm the theory? :D Perhaps it will not pair again be careful!!

Exactly why I’m not updating my iPad yet. :D I assume it will work to begin with like it did with my phone, but if that connection is ever lost and it needs to be paired again, I expect it won’t.

(I assume that means the bug is only with the initial handshake for a new device, and not with the bluetooth stack altogether. That seems easy enough for Apple or Korg to fix, so I have hope it won’t be too long.)

• Let’s hope so. BT is 50% of the functionality of these devices (I have both and absolutely love them). I find it a bit weird that apart from one sparse press release there hasn’t been any other communication. Oh, and now I get a 404 for that page. Was still there yesterday. 👽👽👽

• @Janosax said:
    Now who want to forget Nanokey Studio in Bluetooth devices to confirm the theory? :D Perhaps it will not pair again be careful!!

I took one for team and tried it
    Can confirm after forgetting and retrying it will no longer connect via BT
    Only wired works

• Ahh. But at least wired works. I thought I read earlier that wired didn’t either.

• edited September 2019

Just connected my NanoKey Studio connected via Bluetooth fine. Tested and works fine. ios13.1.1 Pro 10.5

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@skiphunt said:
    Just connected my NanoKey Studio connected via Bluetooth fine. Tested and works fine. ios13.1.1 Pro 10.5

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Be sure not to remove it in BT settings then, or it looks you won’t be able to reconnect.

• edited September 2019

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Be sure not to remove it in BT settings then, or it looks you won’t be able to reconnect.

Noted.

How do you tell which firmware you have? And is there any indication the issue is related to the latest firmware? ie. Should I maybe not update to latest firmware?

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Noted.

How do you tell which firmware you have? And is there any indication the issue is related to the latest firmware? ie. Should I maybe not update to latest firmware?

You have to hook it up to a PC or Mac to and use the Korg editor software to determine the version. If you have a serial number that low, and you never updated the firmware, then you are almost certainly out of date. The update process is a bit of a pain.

I think I needed to update it to get it to work with a Windows PC. The iOS 13 connect problem is not helped by updating to any current firmware version. The current version is 1.07, and it doesn’t fix that issue. So, no reason to update unless they release a newer version that does fix the problem, provided you’re not seeing other issues.

• edited September 2019

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Noted.

You have to hook it up to a PC or Mac to and use the Korg editor software to determine the version. If you have a serial number that low, and you never updated the firmware, then you are almost certainly out of date. The update process is a bit of a pain.

I think I needed to update it to get it to work with a Windows PC. The iOS 13 connect problem is not helped by updating to any current firmware version. The current version is 1.07, and it doesn’t fix that issue. So, no reason to update unless they release a newer version that does fix the problem, provided you’re not seeing other issues.

Just tried to connect to iPhone SE iOS13.1.1 and it doesn’t show up. I tried the Korg BLE-Midi app and although it does show up, it won’t connect.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Noted.

Just tried to connect to iPhone SE iOS13.1.1 and it doesn’t show up. I tried the Korg BLE-Midi app and although it does show up, it won’t connect.

I’m guessing you never had used it with the SE before. Correct?

• Maybe this- Hard reset

Models with Home key: Press the upper key together with the Home key and keep the two keys pressed. Release the two buttons when the Apple logo appears

• Having carefully made sure it was paired pre update Nanokey Studio continued to work post upgrade on iPhone 6s

• Failing to connect over bluetooth on iPhone X iOS 13.1.1. Pretty sure it was paired before updating .

Will keep my iPad on iOS 12 until it's sorted!

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Noted.

I'm sure I did try the iPhone at some point... just to see if it'd work. But, now that I think about it... I smashed my last iPhone under my car hood accidentally and had to emergency replace it with an SE off craigslist... so maybe I never did connect the nanoKey to the replacement phone.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Noted.

I'm sure I did try the iPhone at some point... just to see if it'd work. But, now that I think about it... I smashed my last iPhone under my car hood accidentally and had to emergency replace it with an SE off craigslist... so maybe I never did connect the nanoKey to the replacement phone.

If you don't mind too much, could you try smashing the SE under the car hood to see if the NKS still connects afterward?

• @wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@skiphunt said:

Serial number 000501

No idea what firmware.

Noted.

If you don't mind too much, could you try smashing the SE under the car hood to see if the NKS still connects afterward?

I’m guessing this is some kind of attempt at humor?

I was just adding data to the feed.

Will look forward to an update that fixes this.

Good day.

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@skiphunt said:
    I’m guessing this is some kind of attempt at humor?

Failed attempt apparently. Sry.

• Just a heads up, IOS 13.1.2 is out and it’s supposed to fix some bluetooth connectivity issues, maybe someone experiencing issues with the Korg controllers can check if it’s fixed.

Details at 2:54

• @Rodolfo said:
    Just a heads up, IOS 13.1.2 is out and it’s supposed to fix some bluetooth connectivity issues, maybe someone experiencing issues with the Korg controllers can check if it’s fixed.

Details at 2:54

Just updated and still not working over bluetooth unfortunately.

• Still does not work for me on iPadOS 13.1.2 and iPad Pro 2018...

• @poll88 said:
    Still does not work for me on iPadOS 13.1.2 and iPad Pro 2018...

The trick seems to be to have made sure it had been connected before updating to iOS 13..... Hopefully Apple will fix it so that new connections can be made..