Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Matrix Vocoder by Virsyn

Comments

• @supadom said:

@Carnbot said:
    Not sure I need this, sounds great from the demo but I already hardly ever use DerVoco and Voice synth :)

I use DerVoco all the time and it’s great because it cuts through the mix unlike most other vocoders. This sounds rather soft and likely more useable were there isn’t too much going on in the track. Also it has that characteristic drag which I’m not too keen on. It makes rhythmical phrases a bit tricky to do especially it there’s any latency.

Thanks for the info, I like the matrix controls idea on this for experimenting, would be great to hear some other sounds rather than just voices through it...hope Doug does a demo :)

• Nice. All the parameters are exposed for automation in AUM.

• DerVoco is easy and great, no question.
    Although I've become somewhat hesitant with Virsyn apps, Matrix seems interesting in that it adds especially one feature: Pitch tracking. This may be your thing if you dislike the static vocoder pitches and prefer more of a "robotic talk with original human pitch'.

• edited September 2019

@enc said:
    Does it do Text to speech ?

The voice synth in Korg iDS-10 does this very well!
    Just typing in case you didn't already know this information

Can anyone confirm or deny external synth as carrier wave?
    AppStore refused my overdraft attempt. Will have to wait until Monday

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@enc said:

It can play in the FX slot in AUM and process audio (synth, voice etc.,) and will also respond to MIDI such as StepPolyArp for notes and has MIDI learn for cc’s, AU parameters.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@enc said:

Confirm for external input carrier - just use preset „left voice - right carrier“ as starting point. Panning in (f.e.) AUM to a mix Bus with matrix in it.

• Apparently it renders silence in NS2. Can't someone make a vocoder that actually renders on a mixdown in NS2?

• Thanks very much for the info people.

This makes it the most versatile vocoder on iOS, can imagine it will be fun to try stuff like TC-11 and hexaglyphics as carriers!!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Apparently it renders silence in NS2. Can't someone make a vocoder that actually renders on a mixdown in NS2?

I have the impression that rather NS2 would need a fix.

• @rs2000 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Apparently it renders silence in NS2. Can't someone make a vocoder that actually renders on a mixdown in NS2?

Some AU’s render silence in NS2. Some are fine (Bram Bos). It’s being worked on. AU issues have diverted attention from audio tracks and phone version of NS2. From what I understand AU issues have often been due to the AU itself and not NS2. @dendy knows more about it than I do.

• edited September 2019

@anickt said:

@rs2000 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Some AU’s render silence in NS2. Some are fine (Bram Bos). It’s being worked on. AU issues have diverted attention from audio tracks and phone version of NS2. From what I understand AU issues have often been due to the AU itself and not NS2. @dendy knows more about it than I do.

Actually DerVoco renders fine in NS2 when using the MFx version.
    AUv3 has so often caused irritation between plugin and host developers that I would conclude that even though AUv3 is theoretically a better alternative to IAA, it's not necessarily more mature.
    Hope stuff gets sorted out soon.

• @anickt said:

@rs2000 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I never thought to try the mFX version. Thanks for the tip. :)

• Forget not vBot.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@enc said:

>

Yeah cheers man. I am aware. It’s a fun app but the vocoders a bit limited with its tonal output.

• @branis said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    So is auv3. Anyone bought it?

Yes, it comes in two au flavors: effect and music effect. The latter accepts midi.

So, Can we access the presets with midi Program Change?

• So, does it replace Voxsyn?

• I like it so far. I’m using it more with synths and I’m going to try it out with my guitar as well. When I turn the wet dry around 50% it adds a lot of texture to stuff I’m running through it. The resonance is really nice too on basses

• @ttk said:
    So, does it replace Voxsyn?

Yeah I’m kinda wondering whether this brings anything new/unique to the table, apart from AU and the method of interfacing.
    Much as I love vocoders (and Virsyn)... do I need this?

• @JackDwyerburger said:
    I like it so far. I’m using it more with synths and I’m going to try it out with my guitar as well. When I turn the wet dry around 50% it adds a lot of texture to stuff I’m running through it. The resonance is really nice too on basses

Would love to hear some examples :)

• Is the great german accent a built-in feature? 😁

• WTKWTK
    edited September 2019

Bought it...started Cubasis...hit record...recorded my voice with „hallo ich bin ein Roboter“..loaded the auv3...hit play...instant Kraftwerk!!! Pretty badass...drexcyia I am coming. :smile:

Instant gratification within 1 minute after installation. Exactly what I was looking for.

Very smooth sounding.

• @enc said:

I use voice dream writer and dream reader for some of the best and most varied T2S algorithms I’ve found on iOS.
    Could be interesting to record/route the output through vocoders.

• @ZenEagle said:

@enc said:

I use voice dream writer and dream reader for some of the best and most varied T2S algorithms I’ve found on iOS.

How would you route those into music apps? Do they have audiobus or IAA?

• Now live on soundtestroom !

• @espiegel123 said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I like it so far. I’m using it more with synths and I’m going to try it out with my guitar as well. When I turn the wet dry around 50% it adds a lot of texture to stuff I’m running through it. The resonance is really nice too on basses

I’ll throw up a video when I’m off work and tag you in it when I post it!

• Enjoy some 'Dougwerk' :)

• @iamspoon said:

@ttk said:
    So, does it replace Voxsyn?

Yeah I’m kinda wondering whether this brings anything new/unique to the table, apart from AU and the method of interfacing.
    Much as I love vocoders (and Virsyn)... do I need this?

• Harmony Voice is not a vocoder
    • derVoco is ios 11 min, so I never tested it.
    • vBot is no midi controllable
    • iVoxel cannot be used with your voice only
    • Voxsyn can't recall patches with midi and has an always ON noise gate taht can't be desactivated

So if Matrix Vocoder solves those issues, I say we forget all its predecesors and stick with it

• Great Doug live now.

• @Processaurus said:

@ZenEagle said:

@enc said:

How would you route those into music apps? Do they have audiobus or IAA?

I’ve haven’t yet used it for music or tried recording output - So far just been using it to read articles and books, but have been thinking about experimenting with the output musically. I originally thought it might have a built in way to save audio, but just looked into it and it looks like the only way to record would be with iOS screen capture or just recording iPad output into another device.

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@espiegel123 said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

I’ll throw up a video when I’m off work and tag you in it when I post it!

yes please