Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Matrix Vocoder by Virsyn

Comments

• Looks interesting

• Amazing. The sounds at the end of the video in particular.

• edited September 2019

iDS-10 voice synth has set a very high bar in the vocoder realm.
    Will be watching to see if this can compare

Edit: posted before watching the video, will definitely be getting this!

• edited September 2019

Looks like a v2 of iVoxel ,which already has great great sound :)

• Really looking forward to this. Have been playing a fair bit with the (under-rated?) vocoder in Caustic and realizing how creative it can be...

• Sounds nice and meaty.

• edited September 2019

The link in the video works
    At least in Colorado it's live. Introductory price as well

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    The link in the video works

Not in the Cowboy Republic of Texas I'm afraid....no doubt it will turn up soon enough....

• edited September 2019

€7.99 here, should be a little less expensive in dollars.

I like that the Cylon voice preset is mentioned in the description.
    I’m guessing from the text that it’s possible to use any synth as the carrier?

My funny money account balance is just under the asking price but will see if the AppStore lets me get this anyway. Overdraft often works with IAP and lower priced apps!

• very nice!
    sounds incredible. I've enjoyed their standalone vocoders and have hoped they'd bring one into the auv3 world.

only problem is that their auv3's can pretty crashy in my experience, long awaiting updates to address certain issues that have been brought to their attention.

• The only virsyn apps I have are bark filter and addictive auv3. I know audiolayer Is a staple, but I'm waiting for a sale for that one :) what else of theirs is worth admission (must have)?

• edited September 2019

@cuezaireekaa said:
    The only virsyn apps I have are bark filter and addictive auv3. I know audiolayer Is a staple, but I'm waiting for a sale for that one :) what else of theirs is worth admission (must have)?

Reslice, is my main used virsyn app.

• Live in 🇨🇦

• @palms said:
    very nice!
    sounds incredible. I've enjoyed their standalone vocoders and have hoped they'd bring one into the auv3 world.

only problem is that their auv3's can pretty crashy in my experience, long awaiting updates to address certain issues that have been brought to their attention.

This must be a ymmv situation. I use ReSlice pretty often as an AU on an iPad 6th gen and don't think I've ever had a crash. Nor have I had crashes with BarkFilter, TeraSynth, or Harmony Eight. I had occasional crashes with AudioLayer when importing large EXS files and exporting instruments (though both of these seem to be fixed in beta releases), and when using already made instruments, I've found it reliable.

• @espiegel123 said:

@palms said:
    very nice!

This must be a ymmv situation. I use ReSlice pretty often as an AU on an iPad 6th gen and don't think I've ever had a crash. Nor have I had crashes with BarkFilter, TeraSynth, or Harmony Eight. I had occasional crashes with AudioLayer when importing large EXS files and exporting instruments (though both of these seem to be fixed in beta releases), and when using already made instruments, I've found it reliable.

I don’t get crashes either. The only that’s given me trouble is AudioLayer.

• @espiegel123 said:

@palms said:
    very nice!

the crashes occur when mapping midi parameters of their synth plugins.
    move a parameter via midi, and The UI does not update, but causes freezes and spikes, and ultimately crashes if you touch the UI after sending cc.

• So is auv3. Anyone bought it?

• @palms said:

@espiegel123 said:

@palms said:
    very nice!

the crashes occur when mapping midi parameters of their synth plugins.
    move a parameter via midi, and The UI does not update, but causes freezes and spikes, and ultimately crashes if you touch the UI after sending cc.

If you haven't done so,please send VirSyn , bug reports. While he doesn't often reply, he reads bug reports.

• Decided to grab this since I've never messed with a vocoder. Running Streemur though it and yeeey this is interesting

• I own Matrix on desktop since appearance.
    Can commend it by all accounts.
    auv3 would be good.

• Just what I needed :)
    The Matrix remapping in particular is just crazy!

• edited September 2019

@Charlesalbert said:
    So is auv3. Anyone bought it?

Yes, it comes in two au flavors: effect and music effect. The latter accepts midi.

• In case it wasn't mentioned, it's universal.

Bought on iPhone but not tried yet.

• Bought it, 'cuz it was the price of a fancy coffee here in Portland, but don't I own another VirSyn vocoder type thing? LOL Duz sound good though, classic 80's B-Boy voke.

• Does it do Text to speech ?

• @enc said:
    Does it do Text to speech ?

I would doubt it, rbsam does though.

• Sounds like a pimped up version of IVoxel in Auv3 format (great thing!).

Too many synths, not enough vocoders, I say.

• Instabuy... never enough vocoders.

• Not sure I need this, sounds great from the demo but I already hardly ever use DerVoco and Voice synth :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Not sure I need this, sounds great from the demo but I already hardly ever use DerVoco and Voice synth :)

I use DerVoco all the time and it’s great because it cuts through the mix unlike most other vocoders. This sounds rather soft and likely more useable were there isn’t too much going on in the track. Also it has that characteristic drag which I’m not too keen on. It makes rhythmical phrases a bit tricky to do especially it there’s any latency.