Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPadOS / iOS 13 Bugs and nitpicks

Comments

• I was going to mention this. When I was exporting out of BM3 it was taking a super long time before it would populate my source folders like Dropbox, google drive, etc. Once it did that it was ok going through sub folders. But it was always slow on the source folders. Meaning, it’s not like once it cached them it was speedy. It happened every time.

@yaknepper said:
    I have noticed this too. The files app seems extremely slow when browsing folders.

@auxmux said:
    Anyone noticed a massive slow down / lags in browsing files.app? I have tons of samples on my iPad Pro 2016 but with iOS 13.1, it's choking on browsing them especially in AudioLayer AU when trying to import them using in the built files browser. I tried standalone files.app and it's slower there too than iOS 12.

• iSEM crashes standalone everytime i open the preset window and tap on a menu.

Also,CPU goes thru the roof and UI disapepars when i try the same loaded as AU.Only unloding the plugin helps (Auria).In AUM it crashes as well.

final verdict: broken in ios 13 and VERY unlikely to get a fix cause tempo rubato is out of iOS business :(

I'm trying a reinstall,maybe it helps.Never lose hope...

@analog_matt

i stumbled over this "cpu goes thru the roof and Ui disappears bug"in Fm player as well as AU in Auria.
    Before iOS 13 it happen to me only with D1,now both suffering from the same issue.

• Thank you, we're aware of the CPU spikes with Swift & AudioKit and AUv3 and are re-engineering the framework for AudioKit 5 to allow Swift/AudioKit apps to run a bit more CPU friendly...

• edited September 2019

@analog_matt said:
    Thank you, we're aware of the CPU spikes with Swift & AudioKit and AUv3 and are re-engineering the framework for AudioKit 5 to allow Swift/AudioKit apps to run a bit more CPU friendly...

Sounds great,thanks for the quick response!

edit:new installation of iSEM seemed to help.Hopefully...

• @Crabman said:
    iSEM crashes standalone everytime i open the preset window and tap on a menu.

Also,CPU goes thru the roof and UI disapepars when i try the same loaded as AU.Only unloding the plugin helps (Auria).In AUM it crashes as well.

final verdict: broken in ios 13 and VERY unlikely to get a fix cause tempo rubato is out of iOS business :(

No problem with iSEM here...

• edited September 2019

Anyone else now have a "100%" label at the top of the screen in every music related app? :D

Probably affects full-screen apps and it's a somehow misplaced / mistakenly-visible battery level label from the statusbar...

• edited September 2019

@SevenSystems said:
    Anyone else now have a "100%" label at the top of the screen in every music related app? :D

Could be model dependent too, this is how it looks on my iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.1.1...

• My WIFI still hangs like crazy ever since updating
    Every 20 minutes or so in safari

Might load up a backup and see what happens

• @lasselu said:

@Crabman said:
    iSEM crashes standalone everytime i open the preset window and tap on a menu.

No problem with iSEM here...

reinstalled it but still crashing (standalone and AU) as soon as i open the preset window and skip thru some presets...did you try this?

Sucks.First victim of ipadOS...i really hope i won't find more.

• Updated my Air 2 to iOS 13.1.1 all good so far - tried lots of music apps old and new. No issues 🙂🙂

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@ruggedsmooth said:
    My WIFI still hangs like crazy ever since updating
    Every 20 minutes or so in safari

Might load up a backup and see what happens

That’s very drastic, and unlikely to solve the problem. You might want to try resetting network settings only, if you haven’t already. Also, I assume you’ve already tried forgetting and rejoining the network? Rebooting your router? Trying on a different wifi network?

(You’re not thinking loading a backup will take you back to 12, are you? Because it won’t.)

• @Crabman said:
    reinstalled it but still crashing (standalone and AU) as soon as i open the preset window and skip thru some presets...did you try this?

Sucks.First victim of ipadOS...i really hope i won't find more.

Tried it again. Standalone works fine. In AUM it sometimes crashes after changing presets 5-6 times...but not everytime I try it...

• My Korg MicroKey Air (Bluetooth Midi Keyboard Controller) will not connect to my 2018 iPad.

• I had an issue using GarageBand last night on 13.1.1

I turned off the "Gesture Function" in settings to prevent the undo menu from popping up while playing three fingered chords.

I noticed the undo menu popping up after playing awhile. I checked the settings and Gestures remained off.

After rebooting GarageBand, the menu remained off until about another half hour into playing when it popped up again.

In all I had to restart GarageBand three times.

I powered off the iPad also, but that did not make the Gesture setting hold.

Hopefully today's release of 13.1.2 might fix this and the Korg Bluetooth connection issue.

• @SevenSystems said:

Probably affects full-screen apps and it's a somehow misplaced / mistakenly-visible battery level label from the statusbar...

Happens to me a lot when you go to the home screen or switch apps that support background audio. It overlapped itself in BM3 last night and I couldn't really get rid of it even after I closed the app

• iPadOs update 13.1.2 did not solve the inability for bluetooth to connect to my My Korg MicroKey Air.

• edited October 2019

Background audio with apps that mix with other apps (Naturespace, some other white noise apps I use) is really screwed up and full of gaps and stutters when browsing the internet. Apps that don’t have that option seem to be fine.

• Network connection indicator has "crashed" -- it now always shows the "Airplane mode" icon and no Wi-Fi 😂

• Now on 1.3.2 update, I have the feeling somehow the battery drains faster on my 2018 standard iPad.

• Some may consider this a problem lol

• edited October 2019

Always a little tiny bit disappointed when major iOS update doesn’t introduce the option to have a prompt screen pop up when sending a text message. Such as “do you really want to send this text to so-and-so right now?” It’s so embarrassing to send a text to the wrong person, or send prematurely with errors. Do any non-Apple phones have this ability?

edit: just noticed this thread was for iPad, not iPhone. This just proves the point even more, lol.

• @reasOne said:
    Some may consider this a problem lol

I’m definitely seeing iPadOS struggle with screen orientation way more than before the update

I’m on a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 here

• edited October 2019

yep,same here.Also playing videos (safari) on websites (like catch up tv from big broadcasting channels) has audio stuttering or disappearing audio at all after 3-4 minutes watching.I have to push the volume button to get audio back then.

ipad pro 10,5 here on 13.1.1

• My biggest nit-pick of all-time for iOS on iPad is by far the split-screen feature. Been wishing for years to get the option to hold the iPad pro in portrait so I could access two landscape apps at once...

Instead here is the only portrait split screen option:

And no, Apple made no changes for iPadOS. Split-screen is still useless when iPad is in portrait

• Anybody using Auria in iPad OS ? The project I’m working on lately is been on Auria and I would like to make sure their is no well known problem before upgrading.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@ecou said:
    Anybody using Auria in iPad OS ? The project I’m working on lately is been on Auria and I would like to make sure their is no well known problem before upgrading.

I only found one thread about it over on the Auria forum. Here's one message from that thread:

Re: Ipados beta and auria?
    Post by NYhaven » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:37 pm

I’ve got it running right now on my iPad Pro 2018, and luckily I will say, I have an iPad Pro 10.5 as well on 12.1 because iOS 13 iPadOS literally destroy volume control in Auria pro. I mean, I went back to using it, bouncing back between GarageBand and cube just because the support and updates seems to be behind the curve with Auria, although the product itself is leading in the iOS daw realm. So if you are using Auria to lay down vocals or monitor audio from the iPad itself(which back as great reference monitors on the 2018 pro models) then volumes levels are full blast. No limit. Audio doesn’t respond to volume up and down adjustments at all. And vocals are extremely loud like the gain is “all the way up” 8) , not in a good way of course, even on a one green light pre. Every other major daw I could think of have had an update just prior, on release, or a few days after iPadOS release. The professional daw housed here is great, but it means that the upkeep is very “expensive” which makes the need for some inferior daws that do remotely similar things.

• edited October 2019

@haulin_notes said:
    Always a little tiny bit disappointed when major iOS update doesn’t introduce the option to have a prompt screen pop up when sending a text message. Such as “do you really want to send this text to so-and-so right now?” It’s so embarrassing to send a text to the wrong person, or send prematurely with errors. Do any non-Apple phones have this ability?

edit: just noticed this thread was for iPad, not iPhone. This just proves the point even more, lol.

Haha, do you really want that? I fire off texts so rapidly and never include all the info in the same message. That would be unbearable to me. Plus, I love the unintentional comedy of ‘wrong window, sry’ messages. Takes me back to the AOL IM days in jr. high when you’d accidentally reveal your crush to your crush while thinking you were typing to your bff. ‘Oh...that’s not so bad. I guess we can just go out now.’

• @ecou
    @wim

Background audio is intermittent with Auria Pro
    so I haven't been able to use it at all.
    I loaded up the VSCO sample library and I can't
    sequence a piece longer than five minutes.
    As in it only works for about five minutes then crashes.
    This is an on going bug which has been posted on
    the Auria forum, waiting patiently for an update.
    I've got other things to do so it's not much of a problem
    at the moment but I'm going to need it in a month.

• @Gravitas said:
    @ecou
    @wim

Background audio is intermittent with Auria Pro
    so I haven't been able to use it at all.
    I loaded up the VSCO sample library and I can't
    sequence a piece longer than five minutes.
    As in it only works for about five minutes then crashes.
    This is an on going bug which has been posted on
    the Auria forum, waiting patiently for an update.
    I've got other things to do so it's not much of a problem
    at the moment but I'm going to need it in a month.

Have you tried loading Auria Pro into AudioBus? It might be possible that AB would keepAP alive in th background,

• @wim

I have Audiobus 2.
    I'l give that a go today and see what happens.
    I've tried it loaded into AUM and it showed the same problem.

Good suggestion.

Thanks.