Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VADrumSM by Ryo Togawa (Auv3)

13»

Comments

• You’ve gotta admit it’s getting better

• edited April 2020

Yeah, but does it' snap, crackle and pop since an A10 is recommended. I've only got an iPad Air 2...

• In the standalone version, how can you save the AU fx you have inserted...??

• Version 1.9.3 is out:

contains new features, improvements and bug fixes.

• Added functions to save / load projects which includes mixer and plugin settings.
    • Added a bypass button in Mixer.
    • Added channel selection mode button in Mixer.
    • Behavior of side panel, pads / sequencer buttons have changed.
    • Fixed a bug that sync of AUv3 doesn’t work properly if other AUv3 is added to the same channel.
    • Fixed a problem of adding a AUv3 to the channel which contains multi-input AUv3 and the second input is connected.
  • Great ! It is now possible to save the configuration in the standalone app (like saving all AUv3 instances) and reload it in AUM as an IAA.

• Trying to wrap my head around this. It IS an AU, but as a standalone, it can host AU effects, correct?
    Second, is it true there are only 21 drum samples? Or is it a drum synth?

• edited May 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Trying to wrap my head around this. It IS an AU, but as a standalone, it can host AU effects, correct?
    Second, is it true there are only 21 drum samples? Or is it a drum synth?

Absolutely, it can be used as a standalone app and host AU effects or it can be used as an AU app but with less functionalities (only the pads are available).
    It is a drum synth and not a samples based app. So you have much more possibilities

Edit: to be fair, I have a doubt if it is really a drum synth or if it is a sample-that-can-change-a-bit solution...It is not very flexible in terms of changing the sounds of the pads

• How do you sequence the IAA vis MIDI? I tap the MIDI button top right of screen but get no options. Cannot see a way to sequence it via AUM or Audiobus. (I’m talking the IAA here as it much more fully featured, I can MIDI sequence the AU no problem).

Thx

• It’s definitely synthesis. Too small for it to be samples.

At the current price it’s worth it. Not super flexible but gives you good Bread and butter sounds for little effort. I like it. If I need more power - well Drambo. But sometimes you want a quick beat and this fills that need nicely.

• Hmmm, it will be very interesting to see how this compares to next AudioKit special edition thing, AK-909 or what ever it will be called :)

• @gusgranite said:
    How do you sequence the IAA vis MIDI? I tap the MIDI button top right of screen but get no options. Cannot see a way to sequence it via AUM or Audiobus. (I’m talking the IAA here as it much more fully featured, I can MIDI sequence the AU no problem).

Thx

If it offers a Virtual MIDI connection, you may need to start it, then look for it as a MIDI output option in AUM or AB. Nothing else to do in the app itself.

• @uncledave said:

@gusgranite said:
    How do you sequence the IAA vis MIDI? I tap the MIDI button top right of screen but get no options. Cannot see a way to sequence it via AUM or Audiobus. (I’m talking the IAA here as it much more fully featured, I can MIDI sequence the AU no problem).

Thx

If it offers a Virtual MIDI connection, you may need to start it, then look for it as a MIDI output option in AUM or AB. Nothing else to do in the app itself.

Thanks. Have you got it working? I still can’t see any virtual port in AUM or AB or work out how to start it via settings. The manual seems to refer to Mac instructions.

• This is 50% off again. In a world that now has DrumComputer, is there a place for this, too?

• Absolutely! Sounds great and it’s faster when you don’t wanna spend most of time tweaking parameters and not finishing a track

• @Liquidmantis said:
    This is 50% off again. In a world that now has DrumComputer, is there a place for this, too?

I don't think it had a place before DC so, no. Expensive with very little functionality. I get in a bad mood every time I see the name of this app. Unfortunately bought it some time ago. Spent quite some time on it, enough to know it sux. Deleted it as it was too late for a refund. A lot has to change before I give it another shot. This is just MY opinion, but I do stand by it.