Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VADrumSM by Ryo Togawa (Auv3)

Comments

• @Proppa said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Sorry to say but for me is one of the worst drum machine for iOS. Super limited AUv3 version and standalone non usable both in AUM and Audiobus. Regreat the buy.

Does that mean there's no way to output / save the stand-alone sequenced audio?

As far as I can see, no way at all.

• Very basic app for the price tag.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Proppa said:

Does that mean there's no way to output / save the stand-alone sequenced audio?

As far as I can see, no way at all.

Shame. I’m amazed that Output function isn’t there and just as amazed that it’s not overtly-mentioned as Coming Soon.

• It's on sale

Down from $19.99 to $9.99

• edited March 2020

• edited March 2020

• Yup. Give it another chance when version 1.8 will be out.

• 1.8 is our. Way better then before and Audiobus support. Now is ok🤪

• edited March 2020

• TL:DR note: currently 50% off but not for long (“..till March 3rd”)

I had to invest in this one as the developer delivered on everything I'd been hoping for. Here's initial impressions:

PLUS:

It Sounds really good: very true to the target emulations. Crisp and punchy. “Alive” in a way that the video examples I’d seen up till now didn’t convey.

Navigation and UI are quickly fluid: it's a unique design with so much being XY configured.

The onboard step sequencer is very straightforward X0X / easy to get something going.

Automation is easy to record and for me an important part of this apps value. (Ultimately the reason I bought it).

MINUS:

I'd love more control over the existing parameters: especially basics like Decay.
    In general the mod potential is quite conservative degrees of tone, pitch, and envelopes.

The Clap mysteriously has no pitch control - something I miss right away.

The 808 kick at full release does medium length booms but not looong which seems like a missed opportunity.

Stand alone sequencing is limited: enough for a great section but no Song chaining.

Conclusion: if you're in love with these very established 808 / 909 sounds as I am you'll enjoy this as a unique way to interact with them. I was happily surprised by the sound quality. If you're hoping to push these voices into any level of experimental territory (radical tuning, extreme envelopes) so far this app is favoring tradition over experimentation but again: it Sounds great.

• Looks like it”s getting auv3 multi-out 😊

• Version 1.8.1 is out:

• AUv3 Multi-Out
      AUv3 now supports multi-outputs when hosted by AUv3 hosts which support multi-bus audio unit such as AUM. In this version, main output always outputs all voices even when some of the voices are used in the other channels. The outputs for the other channels can be used for parallel processing, such as New York style compression.

• Improved visibility of the parameter labels.

• @White said:
    Version 1.8.1 is out:

• AUv3 Multi-Out

Amazing.

• Now it’s really fantastic.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Sorry to say but for me is one of the worst drum machine for iOS. Super limited AUv3 version and standalone non usable both in AUM and Audiobus. Regreat the buy.

What exactly means „limited“ AUV3 Version? What is possible with the AUV3 IN 1.8.1 besides the Multi-Out? Still no sequencer within? and what about the parameter automation?

• Is the consensus now that this is an excellent drum machine or does anyone still have any major criticisms of it?

• With those parameters exposed and multiout, I am now considering this app. Would love to hear some feedback on the recent update? Also, another vote for a useable pitch change for the clap, and if not yet available, length as well. Those would be the most missed of my favorite drum synth parameters!

• Version 1.9 coming soon with:

• Variable pattern length
    • Mixer
    • Auv3 effect plugin
    • Audiobus second output

Preview here:

• @White said:
    Version 1.9 coming soon with:

• Variable pattern length
    • Mixer
    • Auv3 effect plugin
    • Audiobus second output

Preview here:

This app is becoming real amazing.

• Version 1.9 is out now:

• Omg is huge. Thanks @White for all your work💪

• V1.9 Tutorial: Use Audiobus second output for side chain compression.

• @White said:
    V1.9 Tutorial: Use Audiobus second output for side chain compression.

Hmmm, wonder if Multi-Out AUv3 is in the works or if it exports patterns as audio, either mixed down beat or individual tracks.
    (I see it does allow one to load AUv3 effects on each track so export options should make it a very flexible beat machine and since it's already using AUv3's as effects in the app the app itself will likely not be able to be an AUv3, same thing that Loopfind snuggles with, it supports AUv3's internally and thus can not be an AUv3).

• @Samu said:

@White said:
    V1.9 Tutorial: Use Audiobus second output for side chain compression.

Hmmm, wonder if Multi-Out AUv3 is in the works or if it exports patterns as audio, either mixed down beat or individual tracks.
    (I see it does allow one to load AUv3 effects on each track so export options should make it a very flexible beat machine and since it's already using AUv3's as effects in the app the app itself will likely not be able to be an AUv3, same thing that Loopfind snuggles with, it supports AUv3's internally and thus can not be an AUv3).

The audio unit instrument has multi out:

• AUv3 Multi-Out
      AUv3 now supports multi-outputs when hosted by AUv3 hosts which support multi-bus audio unit such as AUM. In this version, main output always outputs all voices even when some of the voices are used in the other channels. The outputs for the other channels can be used for parallel processing, such as New York style compression.

The standalone app can host Auv3 effects and the audio unit works as an instrument in hosts like AUM

• @White said:

The audio unit instrument has multi out:

• AUv3 Multi-Out

The standalone app can host Auv3 effects and the audio unit works as an instrument in hosts like AUM

Thanks, I just downloaded the manual for the app...
    This might be my next app purchase even though most of the sounds could likely be possible to patch together in Drambo :)

• V1.9 Tutorial: AUv3 Effect Plugins:

• Getting better all the time