Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VADrumSM by Ryo Togawa (Auv3)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1474193057

Description:

Touch drum instruments with classic electronic sound.
VADrumSM is virtual analog drum synthesizers, which can be used as touch instruments or as drum synthesizer modules with MIDI input. VADrumSM also supports AUv3 Audio Unit extensions, which allows users to use this device inside of AUv3 hosts, such as Apple’s GarageBand®.

FEATURES

21 analog modeling drum synthesizers, including 2 bass drums, 2 snare drums, 2 sets of low, mid and high toms, low, mid and high congas, rim shot, claves, hand clap, maracas, closed and open hi-hats, cymbal and cowbell.

3 Layers of 16 XY pad controls (Tone, Level, Pitch)

Trigger Mode (On / Off)

MIDI input (mid note events only)

Support Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)

«1

Comments

  • What is happening with all these drum synth AUs!?

  • Interesting, expensive. Need more screenshots.

  • The videos on the hopepage sound quite convincing, like a virtual 808 & 909 but without some of the sounds that were samples on the original. It's $20 so I think I'll pass for now...

  • edited September 2019

    First app for this dev so will wait on verdict first may be a money grab. Not a casual purchase. It’s definitely raining AU drum apps this week good to see all the competition. The other 2 drum machines from 4Pockets and EG look a lot more up my street so think our give this one a miss.

  • @Samu said:
    The videos on the hopepage sound quite convincing, like a virtual 808 & 909 but without some of the sounds that were samples on the original. It's $20 so I think I'll pass for now...

    Without more visuals or AU parameters, hard to tell if it's just samples playing.

  • @auxmux said:

    @Samu said:
    The videos on the hopepage sound quite convincing, like a virtual 808 & 909 but without some of the sounds that were samples on the original. It's $20 so I think I'll pass for now...

    Without more visuals or AU parameters, hard to tell if it's just samples playing.

    Check the manual and videos on the home page :)
    The size is 1.2MB so it I don't really think it's based around samples...

  • Like Korg level expensive

  • That price is a little ambitious with the other two apps coming out

  • @JackDwyerburger said:
    That price is a little ambitious with the other two apps coming out

    Tell me more!

  • @supadom said:

    @JackDwyerburger said:
    That price is a little ambitious with the other two apps coming out

    Tell me more!

    Indeed. I know about EG Pule. What's the other one?

  • @peanut_gallery said:

    @supadom said:

    @JackDwyerburger said:
    That price is a little ambitious with the other two apps coming out

    Tell me more!

    Indeed. I know about EG Pule. What's the other one?

    Could be Drambo...

    Unless it's two more apps from the same developer?

  • @supadom said:

    @JackDwyerburger said:
    That price is a little ambitious with the other two apps coming out

    Tell me more!

    @peanut_gallery said:

    @supadom said:

    @JackDwyerburger said:
    That price is a little ambitious with the other two apps coming out

    Tell me more!

    Indeed. I know about EG Pule. What's the other one?

    4pockets announced that they have one coming out really soon as well and it’ll be a lot like Pulse

  • edited September 2019

    A lot of apps these days seem to be using the same old concept with not much innovation. With so many years in iOS I still cannot quite recreate what I used to be able to with Stroke Machine. That is until now that I’m testing Drambo.

    Now that it is turning into a modular groove box there’s a lot to be excited about. I find all of the latest drum apps uninspiring at best.

    I see what Ryo is trying to do here and one has to be applauded for trying but at this price point I cannot see masses pressing the buy button.

  • edited September 2019

    This looks sweet, if it get full automation/midi cc then it could be interesting. Analogue modeling can work well for drums and alot of fine control. Bit different from the sample players. Although i hope the hats can pitch higher than in the example.

  • @supadom said:
    A lot of apps these days seem to be using the same old concept with not much innovation. With so many years in iOS I still cannot quite recreate what I used to be able to with Stroke Machine. That is until now that I’m testing Drambo.

    Now that it is turning into a modular groove box there’s a lot to be excited about. I find all of the latest drum apps uninspiring at best.

    +1 on that. It's a truly rewarding experience and I just love the feeling of being a kid again playing with LEGO :)

  • Updated:

    • Added 16 step sequencer
    • Support Ableton Link
  • Updated:

    Version 1.7 introduces parameter automation, improvements and bug fixes.

    • Added parameter automation
    • Improved usability of side panel table
    • User Guide is included and can be viewed within the App.
    • Performance improvements and bug fixes

    I bought it, I think it sounds good, but hey that is my subjective opinion 😊

    The parameters in AUM are:



    There’s a demo of X/Y parameter detail here:

    Tutorial videos here:

    http://rtmusicsoftware.com/support/learn-vadrumsm/

  • @Samu said:

    @supadom said:
    A lot of apps these days seem to be using the same old concept with not much innovation. With so many years in iOS I still cannot quite recreate what I used to be able to with Stroke Machine. That is until now that I’m testing Drambo.

    Now that it is turning into a modular groove box there’s a lot to be excited about. I find all of the latest drum apps uninspiring at best.

    +1 on that. It's a truly rewarding experience and I just love the feeling of being a kid again playing with LEGO :)

    Yes, but I feel like the kid forced to watch all the other kids playing with the lego :p

  • @audio_DT said:

    @Samu said:

    @supadom said:
    A lot of apps these days seem to be using the same old concept with not much innovation. With so many years in iOS I still cannot quite recreate what I used to be able to with Stroke Machine. That is until now that I’m testing Drambo.

    Now that it is turning into a modular groove box there’s a lot to be excited about. I find all of the latest drum apps uninspiring at best.

    +1 on that. It's a truly rewarding experience and I just love the feeling of being a kid again playing with LEGO :)

    Yes, but I feel like the kid forced to watch all the other kids playing with the lego :p

    It looks like we’re playing but it is actually really hard work. You know when as a kid you think that being an ice cream man is the best Job in the world until as a grown up you find out the bitter truth?

  • Does it offer a song mode? organize those patterns in some way?

  • @supadom said:

    @audio_DT said:

    @Samu said:

    @supadom said:
    A lot of apps these days seem to be using the same old concept with not much innovation. With so many years in iOS I still cannot quite recreate what I used to be able to with Stroke Machine. That is until now that I’m testing Drambo.

    Now that it is turning into a modular groove box there’s a lot to be excited about. I find all of the latest drum apps uninspiring at best.

    +1 on that. It's a truly rewarding experience and I just love the feeling of being a kid again playing with LEGO :)

    Yes, but I feel like the kid forced to watch all the other kids playing with the lego :p

    It looks like we’re playing but it is actually really hard work. You know when as a kid you think that being an ice cream man is the best Job in the world until as a grown up you find out the bitter truth?

    Are you saying the ice cream man is NOT the best job in the world? 😱

  • @Sergiu said:
    Does it offer a song mode? organize those patterns in some way?

    No, it doesn't have a song mode and the sequencer is only in the standalone app.

    I use VADrumSM as an auv3 instrument in AUM by sending midi to it from apps like Funk Drummer and Drum Session.

  • @Faland said:

    @supadom said:

    @audio_DT said:

    @Samu said:

    @supadom said:
    A lot of apps these days seem to be using the same old concept with not much innovation. With so many years in iOS I still cannot quite recreate what I used to be able to with Stroke Machine. That is until now that I’m testing Drambo.

    Now that it is turning into a modular groove box there’s a lot to be excited about. I find all of the latest drum apps uninspiring at best.

    +1 on that. It's a truly rewarding experience and I just love the feeling of being a kid again playing with LEGO :)

    Yes, but I feel like the kid forced to watch all the other kids playing with the lego :p

    It looks like we’re playing but it is actually really hard work. You know when as a kid you think that being an ice cream man is the best Job in the world until as a grown up you find out the bitter truth?

    Are you saying the ice cream man is NOT the best job in the world? 😱

    :D Burn the witch!

  • Anyone using this? I can't get enough AUv3 drum machines but £20 is enough to make me ask questions first, not later.

  • I'd buy at half the price, maybe more if multi-out was included.

  • Definitely getting harder to resist ... if only that price of entry was ....

  • Sorry to say but for me is one of the worst drum machine for iOS. Super limited AUv3 version and standalone non usable both in AUM and Audiobus. Regreat the buy.

  • @Charlesalbert said:
    Sorry to say but for me is one of the worst drum machine for iOS. Super limited AUv3 version and standalone non usable both in AUM and Audiobus. Regreat the buy.

    Does that mean there's no way to output / save the stand-alone sequenced audio?

  • Thanks @Charlesalbert, that’s saved me £20 worth of disappointment.

Sign In or Register to comment.