Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiStix by 4Pockets - LIVE!!!!

Comments

• @peanut_gallery said:
    Where's the Hold button?

It’s the H at the top-left of the button bar.

• @peanut_gallery said:

@Daveypoo said:

@peanut_gallery said:
    Wait, what happened? I woke up to a wonderful update on Saturday that let me see two panels at once on the iPhone, and now there's another update the reduced it back to one. How is this usable on the iPhone? With only one panel, how do I input fades, triplets and 32 notes notes on the grid when those buttons are on a separate pane?

Slide up and the others will reappear! :smiley:

Wait? What? How do I do that?

@anickt said:

@peanut_gallery said:
    Wait, what happened? I woke up to a wonderful update on Saturday that let me see two panels at once on the iPhone, and now there's another update the reduced it back to one. How is this usable on the iPhone? With only one panel, how do I input fades, triplets and 32 notes notes on the grid when those buttons are on a separate pane?

Use the Hold button

Where's the Hold button?

To the left of the Fade etc buttons between the arrows marked H

• @anickt said:

To the left of the Fade etc buttons between the arrows marked H

Thank you! I'm wearing glasses for the first time and can actually see that it's an H now. That works for me. Awesome! Still curious about how to "scroll up" to see a two panel view.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

I think that suggestion overlooked the need to actually hold down the button and enter grid notes at the same time. I don’t think you can display both the pattern entry screen and the buttons at once currently.

• Got it. H button should work just fine for my needs on the iPhone. I'm a happy camper once again. Loving this app.

• I’ve noticed issue with host sync in GarageBand. Everything will be fine until I open up the GUI of another Auv3 plugin (say Ripplemaker). Suddenly DigiStix host sync is noticeably choppy in the background.

This only happens in GarageBand (iOS 13 / iPad Pro 2018 12.9). So far not seeing this behavior in other hosts.

Can anyone else replicate?

• @yowza said:
    Time signatures? Probability?

Time signatures are 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4 8/4 16/4 and 6/8. Triplets can also be entered.

I have a problem with the 6/8 because in the app the bpm is based on the 8th notes but the tempo should be based on the underlying dotted quarter note pulse. So I would need a calculator and the formula to work out what the true bpm is.
    Hope that will get sorted.

Really like Digistix, easy to use even on Iphone,

x> @yowza said:

• @sisterkate said:

@yowza said:

Time signatures are 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4 8/4 16/4 and 6/8. Triplets can also be entered.

I have a problem with the 6/8 because in the app the bpm is based on the 8th notes but the tempo should be based on the underlying dotted quarter note pulse. So I would need a calculator and the formula to work out what the true bpm is.
    Hope that will get sorted.

Really like Digistix, easy to use even on Iphone,

x> @yowza said:

• Now velocity ranges has been added to Digistix. This means there is now a setting for making it so that not all samples play at the highest velocity, i.e. it now works like most people expect it to work.

• Plus song looping

• Most excellent. Really great app that has become a workhorse in my daily toils.

• @anickt said:
    Plus song looping

Ah good, was hoping they’d add that.

• Been waiting for song loop... hooray

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

Fabulous!! I did a fair amount of griping about the way that Velocity Layering was implemented. My complaint was that rather than playing different single samples at each velocity layer, the samples "stacked" on top of eachother, eventually playing five samples at once at the top layer.

I also grumbled at the initial lack of response to from the developer. However, that was a temporary situation. Once he got caught up with communications, he heard me out, and explained that this was by design as requested by the people he had talked to during development.

With this latest update, both behaviors can be used. B) You can now set velocity ranges for a sample so that they only overlap if you want them to! This is perfect!

I'm super happy with the change, and also with 4pockets' responsiveness once me managed to connect. That initial difficulty isn't too surprising considering how busy the guy obviously has been.

• @wim said:
    Fabulous!! I did a fair amount of griping about the way that Velocity Layering was implemented. My complaint was that rather than playing different single samples at each velocity layer, the samples "stacked" on top of eachother, eventually playing five samples at once at the top layer.

I also grumbled at the initial lack of response to from the developer. However, that was a temporary situation. Once he got caught up with communications, he heard me out, explained that this was by design as requested by the people he had talked to during development.

With this latest update, both behaviors can be used. B) You can now set velocity ranges for a sample so that they only overlap if you want them to! This is perfect!

I'm super happy with the change, and also with 4pockets' responsiveness once me managed to connect. That initial difficulty isn't too surprising considering how busy the guy obviously has been.

Hear, hear! Great synopsis of the good work by the dev.

• @wim

Regarding your post to me on the EG Pulse thread....

I have Digistix too. How do I save and then gain access to my custom samples I make in Digistix?

I'm searching the App, and I haven't yet discovered how to do this.

• @horsetrainer said:
    @wim

Regarding your post to me on the EG Pulse thread....

I have Digistix too. How do I save and then gain access to my custom samples I make in Digistix?

I'm searching the App, and I haven't yet discovered how to do this.

My bad. Too many new drum apps lately. The export to wavs function I was thinking of is in Fractal Bits, not DigiStix. Sorry for the confusion. 😬

• edited December 2019

Unless I’m missing it, choke groups would be really great for this app
    Edit: lol I was totally missing it

• Does Digistix have “slice to pads”?

• @stormbeats said:
    Does Digistix have “slice to pads”?

The eternal question!
    What apps do besides BM3 and IMPC Pro?

• edited December 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

@stormbeats said:
    Does Digistix have “slice to pads”?

The eternal question!
    What apps do besides BM3 and IMPC Pro?

@ExAsperis99 and Grooverider Gr16 - Slice to pads meaning you place 1 sample on 1 pad which becomes 16pads freeing up the other 15pads. Also would like to know if DigiStix has more than 1 pad bank

• From 4Pockets Facebook:

This video is a feature on DigiStix and the first of many which focus on application enhancements. As many of you know I often release preview videos of apps that are under development or have not yet been released but that tells us very little about all the new features I've added since launch. This is an attempt to address some of the questions I answer daily on things such as how to import and preview clips, as well as some user contributions showing how people are using this app in some unconventional ways.

• Wow, this is a terrific video. Apparently I need this AND EG Pulse. I guess I missed the sale, but oh, well. This is pretty impressive development.

• Great example of a dev fully supporting the app by taking the time to explain the niceties. EG Garage dev does the same with Pulse--both fantastic apps!

• In the video I noticed his first kit has the corresponding midi note number in parentheses... is that something you can do all at once or did he individually add those midi note numbers when renaming each pad?

• Not parentheses... can’t think of their name, these ( )

• Yes, those are parentheses! :-)

I have a further question: I just went in and tried the round robin, which works as advertised in the video. However, I can't find a place in the UI where I can see which samples are in which layers? Is that available to be seen somewhere?

Also, is "random robin" supported? That'd be cool, too!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yes, those are parentheses! :-)

I have a further question: I just went in and tried the round robin, which works as advertised in the video. However, I can't find a place in the UI where I can see which samples are in which layers? Is that available to be seen somewhere?

How is random robin any different than simply random?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yes, those are parentheses! :-)

How is random robin any different than simply random?

The question is: how much more random can it be?

Answer: none more random