Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiStix by 4Pockets - LIVE!!!!

Comments

• +1 for random. Round Robin isn't all that useful for me.
    Velocity layering is though, and I'm so glad to see that working awesomely now. B)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yes, those are parentheses! :-)

I have a further question: I just went in and tried the round robin, which works as advertised in the video. However, I can't find a place in the UI where I can see which samples are in which layers? Is that available to be seen somewhere?

Also, is "random robin" supported? That'd be cool, too!

How is random robin any different than simply random?

The question is: how much more random can it be?

Answer: none more random

My entire office just swiveled in my direction as I legit guffawed.

• OK, that finally sold me.. the controller automation tie rolls + obviously the velocity layers..

@White said:
    From 4Pockets Facebook:

This video is a feature on DigiStix and the first of many which focus on application enhancements. As many of you know I often release preview videos of apps that are under development or have not yet been released but that tells us very little about all the new features I've added since launch. This is an attempt to address some of the questions I answer daily on things such as how to import and preview clips, as well as some user contributions showing how people are using this app in some unconventional ways.

• Version 1.14 is out:

• Wow, the hits keep coming... There have been many great apps released in 2019 but has any one developer had a bigger and more productive year than @4Pockets? I think not.

• edited December 2019

Productive, but I wish they’d fix the bugs in MTR, they’re driving me up the wall. While I’m typing this, it’s playing away by itself, as it’s doing it’s regular unresponsive transport control thing, so I’ll have to wait five minutes until it reaches the end.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Productive, but I wish they’d fix the bugs in MTR, they’re driving me up the wall. While I’m typing this, it’s playing away by itself, as it’s doing it’s regular unresponsive transport control thing, so I’ll have to wait five minutes until it reaches the end.

Have you tried contacting [email protected]?

• @anickt said:

@MonzoPro said:

Have you tried contacting [email protected]?

Yeah he’s replied, but says he’s not able to replicate any of the issues I’ve mentioned, but they crop up every time I use the app.

I’m going to dump it off my iPad until there’s an update, otherwise I’ll just get frustrated with it.

• Version 1.15 is out, with a basic randomize pattern feature added:

• Would be nice if the GB+Digistix bugs would be fixed but the dev does not like GB at all. So little hope. Such a promising combo it was 🤷‍♂️

• Well, appreciate the quick updates but not the random I was looking for!

• Why is it that no sampler app on iOS nails a fairly simple implementation of random playback of samples per pad/zone? AudioLayer has random and round robin per layer, which is helpful for use cases where you are laying out an instrument across a keyboard. But a drum sampler should have round robin and random per pad. DigiStix is so close!

• Version 1.16 is out:

• Nice! 😎

@White said:
    Version 1.16 is out:

• Sadly it deletes all the pads which aren’t randomized

• edited December 2019

@BiancaNeve said:
    Sadly it deletes all the pads which aren’t randomized

Contact the dev. This is the only the second iteration of this feature so I’m sure he’s open to input. I also think you should be able to randomize without changing other things. Like, say I have a nice pattern going but I want to randomize probability without changing anything else.

• Is someone knows if digiStix has slicer option ? And if yes, if it’s only by split or grid, or also with transient ?

Thanks

• @Lawkyz said:
    Is someone knows if digiStix has slicer option ? And if yes, if it’s only by split or grid, or also with transient ?

Thanks

No slicer yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the works. I use Virsyn Reslice in the meantime.

• @anickt said:

@Lawkyz said:
    Is someone knows if digiStix has slicer option ? And if yes, if it’s only by split or grid, or also with transient ?

Thanks

No slicer yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the works. I use Virsyn Reslice in the meantime.

Ok thanks

You my use reslice then import slice to digiStix ?

• @Lawkyz said:

@anickt said:

@Lawkyz said:

Thanks

Ok thanks

You my use reslice then import slice to digiStix ?

Right

• Digistix with a slicer would be awesome. I’ve clicked with this one a lot more than I have with Pulse

• Another update on the way in a couple of days:

The randomize function now allows you to modify tracks rather than clear when a pad is not selected.
    You now have the option to randomize selected effects without effecting notes.
    Improved note uniformity when changing complexity with fewer selected pads.
    Added the ability to randomize drum kits.

• @anickt said:
    Another update on the way in a couple of days:

The randomize function now allows you to modify tracks rather than clear when a pad is not selected.
    You now have the option to randomize selected effects without effecting notes.
    Improved note uniformity when changing complexity with fewer selected pads.
    Added the ability to randomize drum kits.

Much better

• is it possible to trigger patterns by keyboard?
    i'd like to start different patterns by midi notes in my DAW....

because otherwise i have to record the pattern as wav to insert it into my daw?
    (i of course dont want to play the same pattern the whole song)

• Dang, I'm surprised the randomize features that arrived recently didn't get more attention here in the forums. This is really, really slick!

Maybe if the randomize feature wasn't buried so deep in the UI? Wow it's good.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Dang, I'm surprised the randomize features that arrived recently didn't get more attention here in the forums. This is really, really slick!

Maybe if the randomize feature wasn't buried so deep in the UI? Wow it's good.

Absolutely!

This randomizer bring DigiStix back into the race for the best AU drum app available (EG Pulse is still the leader in my opinion but not by far...)

• Hey @4Pockets (Is that you Paul?)
    Is it possible to make the Pattern Number exposable as an AU Parameter so we can select the Pattern to play with a CC value?
    Sometimes, most times, i am not working in song-mode and want to trigger patterns manually. Would be a good addition with not too much fuzz i guess. Thanks in advance!