Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland have gone gear crazy again!

Comments

• Roland - Synths from the setting sun :o

• I've never owned a Roland synth. I was close to getting a boutique D-50 but sanity won out.
    I do have a Roland VS880 recorder though which is a marvelous little thing. I think it's from the 90s. I got it new old-stock. :#

• @kobamoto said:
    I hope this doesn't come from peer pressure from behringer and that they actually come out with a real sampling groove box to rival the ages, nobody wants that Fantom stuff, they could have used that time, money, and energy on something else!

@kobamoto said:
    I hope this doesn't come from peer pressure from behringer and that they actually come out with a real sampling groove box to rival the ages, nobody wants that Fantom stuff, they could have used that time, money, and energy on something else!

@kobamoto said:

@kobamoto said:

• @kinkujin said:
    I've never owned a Roland synth. I was close to getting a boutique D-50 but sanity won out.
    I do have a Roland VS880 recorder though which is a marvelous little thing. I think it's from the 90s. I got it new old-stock. :#

how are you dealing with Roland's proprietary audio format on the 880, to get it into your daw

• You think prices are high ...... check out the Aussie price !!

https://www.storedj.com.au/search?ProductSearch=ROL-MC707

$1700

That's more than MPC Live

Jeez it better be real good!...

As Johnny Guitar Watson said in the 70's "somebody doing something slick , could'nt reach those prices with a skyhook"

Ain't that a bitch

• edited September 2019

• @kobamoto said:

@kinkujin said:
    I've never owned a Roland synth. I was close to getting a boutique D-50 but sanity won out.

how are you dealing with Roland's proprietary audio format on the 880, to get it into your daw

@kobamoto said:

@kinkujin said:

Well, it’s for standalone. It came with the cd drive. Honestly, haven’t cracked the code on it much. Weekend plans ...

• edited September 2019

Watched the loopop video review of MC707 and I like it a lot. Can't see a need now for it, but takes a number of great features from Maschine/BM3, Ableton, and Electribe/GR16 into one box with loads of FX and sounds.

I'll probably explore a workflow similar to this with Maschine/Ableton but I'm sure you can also do with GR16. I should give GR16 another shot too. Grooveboxes are great! And I'm glad Roland put this out. Would get this over a Force or Octatrack since mixer layout is just more intuitive to me.

• I’d be so much more into the mc101 for 350-400 usd

• I think the JU-06A is a smart move as the 2nd hand market for the JU-06 is at a peak and they can go for £400 easily

• Octatrack competition....$420 less...

• edited September 2019

I'll be monitoring the MC-707, out of that bunch. Checking out Loopop's review now.
    EDIT: No song mode. Roland supposedly is considering adding it, but over time some of us have learned to not buy a piece of a gear because of a promised future thing... and the rest might learn the same thing after repeating the mistake enough times.

Octatrack competition? The Octatrack is just too specialized for anything to be comparable. As has been explained in at least one other thread, it's 3 LFOs per track, easy inter-track audio routing, LFO modulation of sample start and other params when using the Flex machine, LFOs can be modulated by other LFOs etc.

If you're looking for a straighforward groovebox then the MC-707 or Akai's MPC line might be better for you.

The Roland Boutiques have a history of not being USB class compliant - I doubt the new Juno will be that different.

• Some differences between the MC101 and MC707:

Tracks:
    MC101: 4
    MC707: 8

Clips:
    MC101: 64 (16 clips per track)
    MC707: 128 (16 clips per track)

Display:
    MC101: 16 characters, 2 lines LCD (with backlit)
    MC707: 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)

MC101: USB Powered + AA Battery Powered (MC707 is AC-Powered Only)

MC707: Can sample + has inputs / more rear connections

Weight:
    MC101: 716g (1lb 9oz)
    MC707: 2.1kg (4lb 11oz)

• @Proppa said:
    Some differences between the MC101 and MC707:

Tracks:

Clips:

Display:

Weight:

And no Audio Input on the MC101....
    (Once iPadOS drops I guess it will pop up as an USB-Device and allow drag'n'drop of files to/from it).

• @Samu said:

@Proppa said:
    Some differences between the MC101 and MC707:

Tracks:

Clips:

Display:

Weight:

And no Audio Input on the MC101....
    (Once iPadOS drops I guess it will pop up as an USB-Device and allow drag'n'drop of files to/from it).

Yes. I do find though: because so many devices require "pre-sampling" (then loading via SD Card or transferring etc) I can't remember when I last sampled directly into any of the hardware I own that has the ability. Having computer screen real estate, zoom and batch editing has rendered direct hardware sampling as pure Nostalgia (for me).

That said I'm a believer that the most convenient ways don't necessarily lead to the best Art, so I'll never say never.

• Good on Roland for not announcing these months before they are due for release.

• This is one big set of unappealing crap

• @Proppa said:

"It has advanced USB audio interface capabilities and can record an entire mix or all four parts to individual tracks in your DAW. Or sample sounds from your DAW to capture backing tracks, stems, or the sound of a favorite software synth for your next live show."

https://www.roland.com/us/products/mc-101/

• @robosardine said:
    Good on Roland for not announcing these months before they are due for release.

They're counting on pre-release sound demos of the same derivative cookie cutter dance track to boost sales even further.

• @e121 said:

@robosardine said:
    Good on Roland for not announcing these months before they are due for release.

They're counting on pre-release sound demos of the same derivative cookie cutter dance track to boost sales even further.

3000+ basic ingredients along with the editing, mixing and sequencing options I am hoping will allow me to come up with my own recipes 🍰 😋
    Whatever the rationale behind it I still prefer the announce it then get it out there a few weeks later- as opposed to waiting up to and sometimes longer than a year.
    It’s just my impatience fuelled by my delusional beliefs that whatever the product is will transform me into a producer of the finest ever acid/ techno music....... you would think I would have learned by now, after about 20 times when it hasn’t happened.......
    ......... these new MC’s could be it this time though.....no seriously..... I can just imagine it now🤔

Dammit- there I go again😬

• I still on my original MC-303, And have also owned the 505 as well as the 909. I have always loved Roland’s box line, and have been able to coax good grooves and sounds out of all of them. I just put in my pre-order for this one… I’ll be sure to drop a full review of it once I have played with it for a while.

• @oat_phipps said:
    This is one big set of unappealing crap

haha

• My pre-order for the MC707 shipped this morning, so stores are already getting them it looks like.

• damn!

you don't waste any time, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it

• I've been waiting years for a new Roland Groovebox, and the TR-8S was already so close to what I was looking for. This was a no brainer for me.

• @Tarekith cool. Congrats. Can’t wait to hear and see what you think of it. 👊🏼🙏🏼

• edited September 2019

Gahhhhh just rewatch the Loopop video. ⛽️ ⛽️ ⛽️ GAS

• edited September 2019

Ok. Watched enough videos on this thing. Going to get one. It’s everything I’ve wanted in BeatMaker3 and then some on iOS.

May have to sell off the OT MKII to fund it...but man...it looks solid for the way i make music.

Roland nailed it for me now that i see all that it does.