Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Roland have gone gear crazy again!

Comments

• @rs2000 said:

@e121 said:

@rs2000 said:

@e121 said:
    Liking that mc-101, yet it touts USB audio interface for recording to and from, but then doesn’t list it including a USB cable? :#

Weird is all I’m saying. :p

Anyone know what it will cost?

Sounds good! Hope it will record in stereo...

Specs say it will hold 12 minutes mono and 6 stereo:

https://www.roland.com/global/products/mc-101/specifications/

Nothing about USB recording capabilities though.

Thanks for the link!
    They even have a preliminary manual already:
    https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/mc-101/owners_manuals/

USB is a type B connector so that tells me you cannot connect an audio or MIDI interface.
    It's most likely for sending audio and MIDI to your Win/Mac machine, no sampling at all.
    USB drivers are also available for download (Win, Mac).

From the main page:
    https://www.roland.com/global/products/mc-101/features/

"It has advanced USB audio interface capabilities and can record an entire mix or all four parts to individual tracks in your DAW. Or sample sounds from your DAW to capture backing tracks, stems, or the sound of a favorite software synth for your next live show."

To me the 101 is a nice looking little machine. The only "meh" thing I've seen is in that overview video in the first post, the "slicing" type of effects (I forget what they are specifically named), not really my thing. There are I think 16 of them though, so maybe a few would be useful, and they are fitting for rhythm anyways.

• I’ve heard Behringer are working on a groovebox.

• @e121 said:

@rs2000 said:

@e121 said:

@rs2000 said:

@e121 said:
    Liking that mc-101, yet it touts USB audio interface for recording to and from, but then doesn’t list it including a USB cable? :#

Thanks for the link!

USB is a type B connector so that tells me you cannot connect an audio or MIDI interface.
    It's most likely for sending audio and MIDI to your Win/Mac machine, no sampling at all.

From the main page:

"It has advanced USB audio interface capabilities and can record an entire mix or all four parts to individual tracks in your DAW. Or sample sounds from your DAW to capture backing tracks, stems, or the sound of a favorite software synth for your next live show."

To me the 101 is a nice looking little machine. The only "meh" thing I've seen is in that overview video in the first post, the "slicing" type of effects (I forget what they are specifically named), not really my thing. There are I think 16 of them though, so maybe a few would be useful, and they are fitting for rhythm anyways.

you're talking about the scatter effect.... it sounded terrible in the video but hopefully that was just the way it was applied and there are extensive ways onboard to tailor the effect.... hopefully.
    the really interesting thing to me that might make it easier for an mc-101 to find it's way into my lair of beat machines is the resampling feature that it has, if it also has time stretching which I have no idea if it does or not that would make it a nice little mini ableton live box, and if not there is still a ton of mangling available because of the resampling feature.

• @kobamoto said:

@e121 said:

@rs2000 said:

@e121 said:

@rs2000 said:

@e121 said:

Thanks for the link!

From the main page:

you're talking about the scatter effect.... it sounded terrible in the video but hopefully that was just the way it was applied and there are extensive ways onboard to tailor the effect.... hopefully.
    the really interesting thing to me that might make it easier for an mc-101 to find it's way into my lair of beat machines is the resampling feature that it has, if it also has time stretching which I have no idea if it does or not that would make it a nice little mini ableton live box, and if not there is still a ton of mangling available because of the resampling feature.

Yeah the guy just kind of mashed buttons at random when demonstrating the scatter feature, which is ironic because that’s generally how I make my music, just mash a bunch of buttons.

It recorded the inputs though, so it appears this has automation as well, or at least some form of it with the 4th track. It’s not quite clear to me how that works, with the 4th track almost acting as a send? The manual shows the 4th track doesn’t store clips like the other three.

Whatever the case, a lot to like about this little groove box.

• @supadom said:
    I’ve heard Behringer are working on a groovebox.

Is there any more information you can give us about this?

• @robosardine said:

@supadom said:
    I’ve heard Behringer are working on a groovebox.

Is there any more information you can give us about this?

Ah sorry, typo. Should have read ‘I hope’ ;)

• I want to left this here for @AmpifyxNovation. This mockup is from a time I was interested on your products and possibles enhances. If this time you are more open (and aware) maybe we can chat for other envisioned products before other brands get them to the market (cough cough)

it has more than 2 years, just sayin...

• The MC-707 looks cool. But it’s not for me. I’m happy with my TR-8S. All these prices are insane, especially $2500 for the Jupiter X being digital. I know it’s got a lot under the hood. But I’d rather see Behringer’s Jupiter 8 clone. Forget about the Jupiter Xm with those mini keys. The only synth I’ll definitely buy is the JU-06A.

• edited September 2019

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    I want to left this here for @AmpifyxNovation. This mockup is from a time I was interested on your products and possibles enhances. If this time you are more open (and aware) maybe we can chat for other envisioned products before other brands get them to the market (cough cough)

I remember that post. Love it then!

Hurry up and dream up another device! Use your power for good!!!

• The prices will come down as they always do- the price is premium at the moment because they are new on the market... and also because they look pretty decent instruments (I’m on about the MC’s here). In 8-12 months they will substantially drop in price to what may generally be expected- but I think there will be plenty of takers straight away. I will be forking out for the 101 I think. I was thinking of getting a Korg Nubass when it comes out- they will be £170- in that respect/ comparison the MC looks better value to me.
    For the price of the 707 I would certainly expected sample chopping as a feature... I’m still not quite sure about it’s sample mangling capabilities.

• edited September 2019

Roland cant get it right. A digital clone of a synth which has two less voices than the original which is 35 years old?

• @echoopera said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    I want to left this here for @AmpifyxNovation. This mockup is from a time I was interested on your products and possibles enhances. If this time you are more open (and aware) maybe we can chat for other envisioned products before other brands get them to the market (cough cough)

I remember that post. Love it then!

Hurry up and dream up another device! Use your power for good!!!

I have more ideas on the table, some of them even at IG... and I can even build them by myself but I need some funding and motivation... I had lost some initiative since it seems nobody listen and I need to make my living :V

• JU-06A is a huge ripoff. D05 is the only boutique still worth buying. Boutiques are crippled and overpriced.

• @auxmux said:
    JU-06A is a huge ripoff. D05 is the only boutique still worth buying. Boutiques are crippled and overpriced.

I agree with you... ripoff and indeed you are right about the D05, somehow that one just worked in the new format.

• edited September 2019

Roland is charging a preeeemium, no thanks, all that sh*t is too high! Descriptions are also way too vague.
    There is no talk of sampling with mc101 just import
    Mc707 only has 12 seconds of mono sampling...is this the eighties? The sp2400 is priced the same, so sp2400 wins.
    The fantom 6 can’t touch the power of the fantom g6 for double the money

Roland too little too late too high
    I was game to check out the fantom until I seen the crazy price tag...i’d Rather buy a used g6

• I think MC101 is cute, but I'd buy it used at $350 tops.

• Both the MC boxes are interesting but priced way above their target market especially when people are used to Volca / Circuit prices.

• those MC units are interesting but I kind of feel like there is a little native instruments syndrome going on, it's like their workflow is a little unnecessarily awkward. I dunno,,,

• I dream of new affordable grooveboxes every night. Then one shows up and ..... it’s from Roland. 😞.

Some Roland stuff is great, of course, but they’re so terrified of risk that they refuse to adapt. “Just slap a new coat of paint on some 90s technology and the sound-engine-acronym-of-the-moment and call it a day.”

Their stuff generally sounds great, but it’s so full of obvious wtf workflow and convenience anachronisms that I’m honestly surprised they’ve survived this long.

What pisses me off most is that they are always so damn close in almost EVERYTHING, but inevitably fail to stick the landing due to a small handful of boneheaded design decisions.

• edited September 2019

ouch, yes, and ouch again. I bet them and NI are part of a global cabal that hates groove boxes. I can't lie though that little Juno number is tasty sounding

• Here’s the video i was waiting for:

• Just pre-ordered my MC707, can't wait as it's right up my alley from the look of things.

• edited September 2019

@echoopera said:
    Here’s the video i was waiting for:

Love the idea of ‘snapshots’ for scenes..

Huh.. Makes you wonder what JimAudio (GR-16) is up to?

Will love this on the iPad and will pay a premium price for it.. $100..

• that's what we need, we need behringer to clone everything on iOS simple as that.

• wow Loopop's video right now, it's making the mc look way better than previously thought, does anybody know if it has the following?

follow actions

sidechain comp

individual track lengths,

individual track/clip time signatures,

individual bpms per scene

individual swing settings per track/clips?

• hmmm after loopop seems like a nice bit of kit, the sampling part Is a bit of a let down but that is the trend these days..., for minimalist sampling this box looks pretty good

• @auxmux said:
    JU-06A is a huge ripoff. D05 is the only boutique still worth buying. Boutiques are crippled and overpriced.

May I ask why JU-06A is a huge ripoff?

I don't now anything about boutiques or Juno "replicas", but I do know that Nils Frahm loves his Juno 60s and that made me kind of curious on the JU-06A. :smile:

• @Peblin said:

@auxmux said:

I don't now anything about boutiques or Juno "replicas", but I do know that Nils Frahm loves his Juno 60s and that made me kind of curious on the JU-06A. :smile:

Since the JU-06 & JU-06A are 'software' so they could at least added 6 note polyphony like on the originals instead of crippling them down to 4...(sure it's possible to link two devices but anyway).

The Classic style of playing the Juno for fat sounds is to hold two notes at the lower register and a three note chord on the upper register but that's a no-can-do with 4 notes of polyphony.

The SH-01A is one that actually gives a little 'extra' compared to the original with the 4 note poly mode.

But then again for me personally I can't help to see purely DSP based synths as 'Plug-Ins with added bulk' to waste of space on the desktop...

• @Peblin said:

@auxmux said:

I have a Juno 6 and all i can say is the digital clone might sound the same on the you tube reviews but soon as you play the real one, push the filter, get the knocking wood sound of the analogue ENV's it a completely different synth hence why they still cost a ridiculous secondhand price.

If this JU-06A had 6 no 12 voices then it be really great!

• edited September 2019

Yeah, if this was an analog synth remake and Roland charged $1499 for 8 voices, then it would be worth it, but to pay $400 for a limited digital synth with ant-sized controls is preposterous.

They are trying to milk nostalgia but taking the cheap route which is def popular and helps their bottom line but not something I'd recommend buying even to some just starting out with hardware synths.

Buy TAL UNO-LX for Juno emulation for $60 or get a Korg Minilogue XD for $100 more than JU-06A.

I do like there's at least some innovation with MC sampler series. The TR8S was a big step into the right direction.