Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @gregsmith please write me at [email protected] to investigate on your problem

@Jocphone the drumkits and banks managment is explained in the manual. I'm sorry if it's not so
    clear

Thanks for the pointer @ElliottGarage

Must have missed that because those icons were probably cut off at the bottom? Will take a look when I get home.

• @Jocphone said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Jocphone said:
    Mr Garage you are a coding machine!

The latest updates look brilliant, just wish I could figure out how to use your app.

Do you have particular questions? It is pretty straightforward.

It may be straightforward once you have the flow down but it doesn't seem to like me.

Spent half an hour playing with the new euclidean beats in the grid. Loaded in a kit and swapped things around. Got 5 or 6 nice patterns going. Then tried to save it. Couldn't find anywhere obvious that allowed me to save so I thought use export until I find the save. Boom, lost the lot.

Have no idea, once I did save a new bank (why is it called a bank?) how to save it again under the same name.

And then, in AUM, turned on host sync, loaded up my newly renamed bank. Everything plays ok. I switch EG Pulse to song mode. First time plays ok. Activate loop and I get some slow motion growling instead of a drum beat. NIce, but not what I asked for.

That is just one session this morning. Doesn't seem ready to use. DigiStix and DigiKeys work nearly effortlessly in comparison at the moment. Which is a shame because the drum programming in EG Pulse looks interesting.

You might find it worthwhile to read the brief manual if you haven’t yet.

To save a bank (which is a bank of patterns), tap on the floppy disk icon and navigate to the banks. To save the current bank as a new one, tap on the + icon. To save over the current bank, put your finger on the bank name (the current one is shown in red) and slide left. It gives you options to save (overwrite) the current bank.

The problem you had in song mode sounds like a bug. If you can repeat it, you should send the steps or a video to the developer Tyson that he can fix the issue,

• edited February 2020

Same here! Thanks Wim! I loaded all my samples and saved wrong. Start all over😳

Perhaps a simple Are you sure? If you accidentally hit delete would be cool.

Loving this awesome app and thanks for the continued updates! Great stuff and great dev! ❤️❤️❤️

@wim said:

@drewinnit said:
    I'm a bit confused by how to resave a kit. If I've saved it once, and then hit the save button and reselect the kit I want to write over....it instead loads the previous version of the kit. I'm clearly doing something wrong.... Can anyone help?

Don’t hit the plus button. Swipe-left on the kit to reveal the save and delete options. Pray you don’t hit delete by accident.

I’m not fond of this method. It’s not very intuitive and seems prone to error to me.

• @wim and @Tones4Christ there's already a popup asking for a corfirmation...I miss something?

• Sorry I apologize my bad for not checking.❤️❤️
    I meant the process to save a new kit was a bit confusing but not your fault but mostly user error. I think I’m sobised to hitting that little floopy disk to save that i wonder if it actually worked. But there’s a process for everything and i guess I wasn’t following the steps.

• I get it now😅
    When i tap the floppy disk to save it takes me to the my banks screen, there i can select to overwrite the bank or the kit or both! ❤️❤️🙏☝️
    Again sorry for not reading the manual.❤️

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @wim and @Tones4Christ there's already a popup asking for a corfirmation...I miss something?

No, it's good there's a confirmation. I don't think I've deleted any kits, so never saw it. I just saw that those little-bitty icons so close to each other, and thought the worst.

Plus, this is pretty non-standard for iOS apps. Left swipe in most apps I can think of is "delete" and a save button is usually visible without swiping. Furthermore, many apps including email and (I think?) files actually delete if you keep swiping left, even without hitting delete. I've nuked quite a few emails by accident when in a hurry, so swiping in my mind is firmly associated with deleting. I would never think to swipe left to find a save button.

But ... it's all in the manual, and there is a confirm dialog, so other than some new users being confused at first, it's all good.

• @wim actually it is a standard iOS feature and in mail app if you left swipe you access additional functionalities (mark, archive etc). You can also right sweep! :D
    Maybe it's not so much used in other musical apps, but it's an iOS standard feature. Anyway I think what confuses the most is the differences between drumkit, banks and presets (that's also described in the manual)

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    @wim actually it is a standard iOS feature and in mail app if you left swipe you access additional functionalities (mark, archive etc). You can also right sweep! :D
    Maybe it's not so much used in other musical apps, but it's an iOS standard feature. Anyway I think what confuses the most is the differences between drumkit, banks and presets (that's also described in the manual)

mmm...if you say so. But lotta confused people around here even if they get the difference between banks and kits, so I think there's something to it. And I do know that some kind of left-swipe immediately deletes my emails. Maybe it's left-swipe and down. Anyway, I'm gun-shy for that reason.

I'm not suggesting you should change it. Just reflecting my own thoughts as to maybe why some people are confused.

• @wim said:

@ElliottGarage said:
    @wim actually it is a standard iOS feature and in mail app if you left swipe you access additional functionalities (mark, archive etc). You can also right sweep! :D

mmm...if you say so. But lotta confused people around here even if they get the difference between banks and kits, so I think there's something to it. And I do know that some kind of left-swipe immediately deletes my emails. Maybe it's left-swipe and down. Anyway, I'm gun-shy for that reason.

I'm not suggesting you should change it. Just reflecting my own thoughts as to maybe why some people are confused.

@ElliottGarage : I think the main issue is that there are a lot of required interactions between when you want to save until you have actually saved. It would improve the workflow immensely if there were a way to save the bank or kit with fewer taps and slides required.

• Love the app
    Just wish the text etc was bigger, especially when changing a pad , where you have a big list, would be better if everything was much bigger, used to scrolling when using app as au3, so a little more scrolling to have much larger text wouldn't be a problem

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @gregsmith please write me at [email protected] to investigate on your problem

@Jocphone the drumkits and banks managment is explained in the manual. I'm sorry if it's not so
    clear

Just updated to yesterday’s update, and all is working as normal again. Thanks!!

• @Nicebutfun said:
    Love the app
    Just wish the text etc was bigger, especially when changing a pad , where you have a big list, would be better if everything was much bigger,

Yes! This is one of the few apps on iOS I really struggle to read the text. Especially inside the buttons.
    Make it bigger, or use meaningful icons.

• Yep my eye sight is getting worse,
    Luckily for everybody I don't do live sets, but I could imagine lots of you musical stars playing live in a dimly lit club etc must be mega painful trying to switch samples etc due to text size

• How do I make a pattern more than 1 bar long?

Or odd time like 7/4?

• edited March 2020

@Optahealth said:
    How do I make a pattern more than 1 bar long?

Or odd time like 7/4?

1 bar is the max length at the moment but I think the dev said that longer patterns were planned - someone correct me if I’m wrong. Maybe on this thread somewhere I think.

• @Optahealth said:
    How do I make a pattern more than 1 bar long?

Or odd time like 7/4?

You’d need to make one 4/4 pattern (16 steps) plus one 3/4 pattern (12 steps), then play them in sequence with the song mode.

• MPC style pad layout, a major user request :)

• Love this app! ❤️❤️❤️

• @ElliottGarage said:
    MPC style pad layout, a major user request :)

👍 Great! What kind of midi note mapping does it correspond to? I would love the midi notes to be assigned to the pads such that lower left is midi note 36 and top right is 51 (left to right, bottom to top).

• @gosnote you can totally customize the midi mapping as you need

• @ElliottGarage Thanks for this awesome app! My only request is to have a shrink-to-AUv3-window option so I can see the whole UI in AUM without having to scroll just a little bit.

• It does shrink already, actually. Try resizing the window only horizontally (I think that was the trick). You can get a cute mini-Pulse if you like:)

• It's fiddly but it does resize
    Or get used to the scrolling

• I don’t like being negative about apps but I have to say EG Pulse is one that I’ve not been able to use at all yet because it is so limited to only 64 steps so you can’t even get normal rhythmic subdivisions (triplets!) that almost every other drum machine has. I think the dev promised this would be addressed at some point but it hasn’t shown up.
    Maybe the app is supposed to be the way it is and I assumed it would be different. I hate to say this but it’s the only app I regret buying over the last few years. I like the way it looks but not the way it works.
    Sorry to say.

• edited March 2020

@yowza said:
    I don’t like being negative about apps but I have to say EG Pulse is one that I’ve not been able to use at all yet because it is so limited to only 64 steps so you can’t even get normal rhythmic subdivisions (triplets!) that almost every other drum machine has. I think the dev promised this would be addressed at some point but it hasn’t shown up.
    Maybe the app is supposed to be the way it is and I assumed it would be different. I hate to say this but it’s the only app I regret buying over the last few years. I like the way it looks but not the way it works.
    Sorry to say.

@yowza @ElliottGarage yes the bar length maximum needs increasing. Also not too keen on the fixed swing amounts. I like the app layout but those 2 additions needed.

• edited March 2020

Nice with the MPC layout but the 'Keys Mode' is...
    ...going down to go up in pitch, makes no sense...

• @ElliottGarage one thing I’ve noticed when EG is loaded as an AU, the master volume doesn’t stay. The volume of individual instruments stays where I left them but I always have to go back in and adjust the master. Is that intentional?

• @ElliottGarage Nice work on the MPC layout update.. it’s probably the preferred layout for most beat makers.. 🥁 🎧
    As @Samu already mentioned, the keys mode needs to flip from the way it is now.. seems upside down.. going up in pitch should follow moving up on the interface..
    Again.. thank you for your time + effort.. always appreciated.. 👍

• @ElliottGarage
    We are so spoiled by your attention. Thanks so much, man!