Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @cian said:
    Has the issue of really short patterns been addressed. Last time I looked I seemed to be limited to 16 steps, or something equally ridiculous. I like it, but it's not really very useful to me in it's current form.

I don’t like to speak negatively but for all of its many cool features this is Pulse’s fatal flaw. You can’t easily get triplets (WTF?) or many other common rhythmic subdivisions. The dev has said this is coming but not so far. It’s not usable for me at this time. Sorry!

I’m hopeful!

• @cian said:
    But you're limited to a single bar, or 2 bars, is that right?

Yes

• @yowza said:

@cian said:
    Has the issue of really short patterns been addressed. Last time I looked I seemed to be limited to 16 steps, or something equally ridiculous. I like it, but it's not really very useful to me in it's current form.

I don’t like to speak negatively but for all of its many cool features this is Pulse’s fatal flaw. You can’t easily get triplets (WTF?) or many other common rhythmic subdivisions. The dev has said this is coming but not so far. It’s not usable for me at this time. Sorry!

I’m hopeful!

He seems quite responsive, but it has been 8 months for what seems like a fairly minor feature. I'm starting to conclude I probably made a mistake buying this app. Oh well - lesson probably not learned...

This reminds me a little of DM2, which I liked as a drum sequencer, except that you couldn't do velocity in it. Which is a small thing, but also makes it basically useless. I do occasionally use it to trigger longer samples, so I guess there's that.

• Man, I don’t know if you guys mean to but you definitely come off a bit entitled. Like, it’s a good app. Most drum apps that I’ve found are 1-2 bars per pattern. That’s pretty standard.

It’s no wonder some devs give up and go away, leaving their projects unfinished.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Man, I don’t know if you guys mean to but you definitely come off a bit entitled. Like, it’s a good app. Most drum apps that I’ve found are 1-2 bars per pattern. That’s pretty standard.

It is and if that's all you need then this drum machine is probably fine. If you want to do even the most basic kind of syncopated stuff then 2 bars is the minimum you need (Clave rhythm for example). 4 is better - and sometimes you might want to go as high as 16 for a loop.

Also as I recall triplets were kind of annoying when I tried entering them in this. Fortunately there are alternatives - but it's a shame because in all other regards I do like this drum machine.

• @DukeWonder said:
    Man, I don’t know if you guys mean to but you definitely come off a bit entitled. Like, it’s a good app. Most drum apps that I’ve found are 1-2 bars per pattern. That’s pretty standard.

It’s no wonder some devs give up and go away, leaving their projects unfinished.

Pulse is limited to 1 bar. I would not say that is the standard among drum machines although many have that limitation.

• Pulse sequencing engine at the moment is based on my other drum machine one (egdr808,909,606 and LM1), and those dm got 1 bar only.
    Redesign this is pretty time consuming as it's a core part of the app and in these months I've continuosly added features (I don't know how many apps continues to introduce features after features for months and for free :) ). The list of features added from the app release is too long to be mentioned now.

I have this in my TODO list, but as I said previuosly, I'll do it when all the other user requests are finished...some users may consider this a basic feature, some not, and some others need other features too :)

By the way at the moment you can still chain bars using the SONG feature; I have the feeling that this is an underrated feature.
    Moreover you can switch patterns and add variations using also the 'FILL' option.
    Finally you can slow the tempo and using a 64 step patterns as 2 bars of 32 steps or 4 bars of 16 steps.

The app is going well, users are pretty much happy and excited about it and, don't worry, I will continue to support it and add new feature to it (even if I may get a greater income from developing new app, more that supporting this) :)

• BTW if you missed it here's the latest video by Jakob Haq, mainly focused on the AU3 Multi-output feature. Enjoy it ;)

• i have been using song mode to extend the drum patterns to 4 bars, it does work, (same as i used to do on my roland tr-8 and other drum machines. it works well. i copy pattern 1 to 3, 2 to 4 and then make minor tweaks. . however...i do look forward to getting at least 2 bars in one screen.

great app though..

• @stemshade said:
    i have been using song mode to extend the drum patterns to 4 bars, it does work, (same as i used to do on my roland tr-8 and other drum machines. it works well. i copy pattern 1 to 3, 2 to 4 and then make minor tweaks. . however...i do look forward to getting at least 2 bars in one screen.

great app though..

Yeah I did this too. And it worked, but it was fiddly and kind of killed the flow for me. I might try the slow down thing though - that's interesting. I kind of like to use song mode for, well, songs.

• @cian said:

@stemshade said:
    i have been using song mode to extend the drum patterns to 4 bars, it does work, (same as i used to do on my roland tr-8 and other drum machines. it works well. i copy pattern 1 to 3, 2 to 4 and then make minor tweaks. . however...i do look forward to getting at least 2 bars in one screen.

great app though..

Yeah I did this too. And it worked, but it was fiddly and kind of killed the flow for me. I might try the slow down thing though - that's interesting. I kind of like to use song mode for, well, songs.

yeah, it's just extra steps and then having to switch screens. that's not the best. plus i would like to do automation, fx etc all on one screen and not have to "track" down if i missed something. it's not ideal since we have been spoiled with software and this is an archaic hardware limitation. .. but that being said i appreciate the app and i have no idea about how hard it would be to expand the screen to permit 256 steps , or at least 128 at a time.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Pulse sequencing engine at the moment is based on my other drum machine one (egdr808,909,606 and LM1), and those dm got 1 bar only.
    Redesign this is pretty time consuming as it's a core part of the app and in these months I've continuosly added features (I don't know how many apps continues to introduce features after features for months and for free :) ). The list of features added from the app release is too long to be mentioned now.

I have this in my TODO list, but as I said previuosly, I'll do it when all the other user requests are finished...some users may consider this a basic feature, some not, and some others need other features too :)

By the way at the moment you can still chain bars using the SONG feature; I have the feeling that this is an underrated feature.
    Moreover you can switch patterns and add variations using also the 'FILL' option.
    Finally you can slow the tempo and using a 64 step patterns as 2 bars of 32 steps or 4 bars of 16 steps.

The app is going well, users are pretty much happy and excited about it and, don't worry, I will continue to support it and add new feature to it (even if I may get a greater income from developing new app, more that supporting this) :)

The work you do is exceptional. And the way you’ve updated and improved this app is very special. I’d love to see what you have cooking in the future.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Pulse sequencing engine at the moment is based on my other drum machine one (egdr808,909,606 and LM1), and those dm got 1 bar only.

That's fine. It's just not clear from the description that this is a limitation, and I was very surprised to discover it after buying it that it was limited in this way. Plenty of other beatboxes on IOS don't have this limitation.

If I had bought it knowing about the limitation I'd feel differently. And like I said it's a fine app in many ways which I would love to use more. I like the way you can slow down beats, time stretching and lots of other things. For anyone who is fine with that limitation I would (and have) recommend this application. But for anyone who likes to do beats over 2 bars, or 4 bars it is a pain. Similarly for people who like to use triplets, this isn't the app unfortunately.

However, I will try slowing the tempo.

I like your synths a lot. Particularly Waveshaper. It's fun.

• @ElliottGarage said:

Thanks for chiming in.

By the way, did you see my note above about the new bug I’m seeing since the last release?

• @DukeWonder if you can send me a screen recorder at [email protected] it would be great! thanks

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @DukeWonder if you can send me a screen recorder at [email protected] it would be great! thanks

Sent!

• @clan I'm sorry but are you asking me to write in description any missing feature that any user may need? How can I imagine what are the 'basic' feature for a user :D
    I've designed the sequencer in terms of patterns and steps, and that is described in the App store.
    In my mind you can subdived the sequence in how many bars you want, depending on how you create the pattern (as I said before you can have 1 bar of 64 steps, 2 bars of 32, 4 bars of 16 or even 8 bars of 8 steps and so on).

I can tell you a tons of dm app that have patterns of only 16 steps on iOS. Moreover my other older dm (egdr808) is out since 2011 and I can assure you that nobody ever ask me about more bars or more steps.
    First time I received this request was after I released EG Pulse, and I'm here to tell you that it will come, but since it changes the way I thought and designed the sequencing engine it takes time :)

Thanks for your support and for enjoying WaveShaper and EGSY01.

• Not sure if this has been asked... Long thread now.

I am now building my own kits. I record each drum hit in sequence as a single file. I start with a saved blank Kit in Pulse and import the file into the kit on the first pad. I go into sample edit mode and use the slice / detect feature to slice sample into individual hits which all then get assigned to Separate pads.

But the pads are all named the same ... the sample file name. Is there a way to rename the pad? Otherwise I can’t tell later on what is what. Sorry if it’s a “duh” question...

Or a way to reorder the pads, or the slice assignments to an efficient layout?

Great app ... the only one I can rely on to actually sync properly in Cubasis!!

• @ElliottGarage The updates you put out are always great, and pulse is my go to drum machine, sampler, and even metronome app. Not many apps can get near that. I think many of us consider pulse a must have.

Btw, I like your idea of icons instead of text on buttons.

• Ok, just to be clear, because I’m planning on buying this next, you can sequence it from another Daw right? I’m more interested in using it as a sampler for drum sounds that I can sequence within Daws, ie , Cubasis, ZenBeats , not so much NS2 but maybe sometimes, I definitely need to sequence more than a bar at a time. Sometimes after everything is recorded I like to go back and record the drums throughout the entire song like a live drummer and play along with the song.

• Hey Guys
    I had some problems saving my drumkits and banks. After saving the sounds had disappeared. I Checked the import browser and all the file references were still there but when I checked the sample editor it turned out that the wave-files were gone 😱. I reconstructed the drum kid a couple of times and every time I saved it the files disappeared even though the references could still be seen in the import browser.
    As i was banging my head against the wall I realized that i speak Danish and my filename was in well.. danish. And danish uses some wiered letters that sometimes can look funny in computer context.
    SO i renamed the files to something in english aaaaaand... HOPLA all the sounds were back.
    So take this as a heads-up if you are speaking a language that uses letters that is not found in the english alphabet.
    I will for sure keep my filenames in english from now on 😉( with or without spelling errors and bad gramma.. look above and please bare with me 😁 )

• When saving be careful. It happened to me also. So when you create and ready to save, first save setup by swiping to the left and click little save icon. Then do same for kit. It works for me every time now. Hope this helps you.

@Lorichs said:
    Hey Guys
    I had some problems saving my drumkits and banks. After saving the sounds had disappeared. I Checked the import browser and all the file references were still there but when I checked the sample editor it turned out that the wave-files were gone 😱. I reconstructed the drum kid a couple of times and every time I saved it the files disappeared even though the references could still be seen in the import browser.
    As i was banging my head against the wall I realized that i speak Danish and my filename was in well.. danish. And danish uses some wiered letters that sometimes can look funny in computer context.
    SO i renamed the files to something in english aaaaaand... HOPLA all the sounds were back.
    So take this as a heads-up if you are speaking a language that uses letters that is not found in the english alphabet.
    I will for sure keep my filenames in english from now on 😉( with or without spelling errors and bad gramma.. look above and please bare with me 😁 )

• Is there a way to work the multioutput auv3 in cubasis 3 properly? I don't have a clue how to do it.

• I don’t think it works in C3. I thought it worked for multi midi out but that doesn’t work either. I think the multi out is only for audio and it works perfectly in AUM.

@Vlad11 said:
    Is there a way to work the multioutput auv3 in cubasis 3 properly? I don't have a clue how to do it.

• Guys is there a tut video on how to create a drumkit from fav sounds of other drumkits in EG?

• @Vlad11 said:
    Is there a way to work the multioutput auv3 in cubasis 3 properly? I don't have a clue how to do it.

As far as i know AUM is the only DAW that supports multi out at the moment

• @Lorichs apeMatrix also got AU multi output support some time ago

• @Tones4Christ did you check this video

@Vlad11 at the moment Cubasis doesn't support multi-output yet

@Lorichs if you write me some of the filenames that gives you problem I see if I can add support to Danish

@Strizbiz sure , you can simply trigger the samples from an external controller or sequencer

@gregsmith thanks!!

@ltf3 I have the pads rename and re-order in my TODO list

• @ElliottGarage said:

Thank you!!

• Thanks so much!
    My daughter is having a great time with your app and she’s really into it. She plays acoustic and I’m recording her and she saw me playing your app , now she is obsessed with making her own beats!❤️❤️😌🙏☝️

@ElliottGarage said:
    @Tones4Christ did you check this video

@Vlad11 at the moment Cubasis doesn't support multi-output yet

@Lorichs if you write me some of the filenames that gives you problem I see if I can add support to Danish

@Strizbiz sure , you can simply trigger the samples from an external controller or sequencer

@gregsmith thanks!!