Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Pulse automatically adjust its size to fill the container width. Simply try to grab the left bottom corner and drag it to the left (without changing the view height)

Get you now. I think because I was using the top double click first, and then trying to fill the screen, it alters the ratio. Getting it non scrollable just requires a different ratio, which does not fill the screen, but is much more usable without scrolling - thanks :)

• @drewinnit said:

>

Great idea sequencing Pulse with GR16. @drewinnit I use BeatHawk sequenced by GR16.

>

cool! is Beathawk reliable? What makes you now want to use Pulse?

I am looking for a Pulse replacement due to unreliable recall of samples and considering Beathawk

I’m happy with BeatHawk. It’s solid and stable. but if I get multiple outs would be nice. From some reason it still not possible after my update.
    Another reason for pulse offers map able midi mutes. ATM I use the mentioned Mozaic script to map to different channels and midi control mutes.
    Awesome @wim made a StreamByter version.
    It needs instructions to how to assign it to different channels.

• update 1.16 just released on the store

• Added Multi-output bus routing in mixer view
    • Fixed Link in Multi-output AU3 version
  • Oh man this is so awesome! Thanks for all the amazing work on you super awesome app!❤️❤️❤️

• Mr Garage you are a coding machine!

The latest updates look brilliant, just wish I could figure out how to use your app.

• Great! This is the fun of owning EG Pulse; updates based on user suggestions happen so fast!

• Is anyone using EG Pulse with external pads over MIDI? I'm getting sample cut outs (sounds like static pops) intermittently most noticeable on the non electronic kits. I have sent a few emails to support and he's taking a look at it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I don't have this issue with other drum apps. These apps are not really focused on external pads which I understand. So I can see how it may not be a priority. I dig this app.

• @diex68 said:
    Is anyone using EG Pulse with external pads over MIDI? I'm getting sample cut outs (sounds like static pops) intermittently most noticeable on the non electronic kits. I have sent a few emails to support and he's taking a look at it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I don't have this issue with other drum apps. These apps are not really focused on external pads which I understand. So I can see how it may not be a priority. I dig this app.

Hi @diex68 , I think it sounds familiar. I am using EG Pulse as au in Cubasis and triggering the pads using the velocity keyboard app as a midi au.

• @ElliottGarage

In essence, the new update means that I no longer need to do all 16 outs to separate channels and then make subgroup channels in AUM (unless I have need to). I can now just group the sounds under the mixer numbers and make AUM channels for those groupings?

This sounds just the ticket :)

• @ElliottGarage

If I could select a pad without triggering sounds, then select the keys option, this app could also double as the sample player I want for jamming. Just one button to silence any new pad presses, would make this ideal. My current app of choice does not have the multiple outs and selectable mixer outs of your app - which makes using different fx blocks easy now!

• EG Pulse Multi-output tutorial

• @Jocphone said:
    Mr Garage you are a coding machine!

The latest updates look brilliant, just wish I could figure out how to use your app.

😂 Join the club.

He’s a star.

• @Jocphone said:

Do you have particular questions? It is pretty straightforward.

• Thanks @ElliottGarage , this is so nice now with the busses!

Small bug, I think ... I can’t select bus 16 in the mixer page. I tap on it but nothing happens. I’ve tried different window sizing, with no luck. I did manage to select it once, but I don’t know how.

Also, it seems to me like defaulting everything to bus 1 makes more sense. More often than not, I would only bus a few pads to just a few groups. But not a big deal as long as the bus settings are saved with the or the bank.

On that subject ... where are the bus assignments saved? The kit? The bank? Global for the app? I‘m thinking maybe the bank?

• edited February 2020

@ElliottGarage said:
    EG Pulse Multi-output tutorial

Interesting...Huh...

Thank You..

Edit... I guess more Kits and Bank IAP ?

• edited February 2020

@yowza said:
    Very glaring omission unless I missed it, no triplets anywhere? Not every rhythm is based on twos.
    I want to be able to add or delete any note in the grid view but you can’t select a note if you’re not in the right rhythmic division so you have to change that first. Annoying.

Hi all, I’m really new to this software. I’m missing triplets in this great piece of software. Maybe it is hidden or I didn’t get it. I know there is 1/12 but why not do 1/8t, 1/16t,...

Thanks for helping ;-)

• Generative Euclidean pattern write in sequencer...available with the next update 1.17

• @ElliottGarage really cool, thanks !

Sorry to insist, but maybe for a v2 version (to include a live timestretch engine ?) could you plan a live timestretch ?
    Thanks a lot !

• How exactly does this work? Sounds exciting!

@ElliottGarage said:
    Generative Euclidean pattern write in sequencer...available with the next update 1.17

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Generative Euclidean pattern write in sequencer...available with the next update 1.17

Will be another interesting way to get some pattern ideas happening :)

• Let me tell you, the roll function alone made this worth it for me. Add in the ease of building a kit from your own samples and boom.

Take some Ruismaker Noir for sound design, throw them in EG Pulse, and boom. Trap city ya’ll.

• EG Pulse has started instacrashing for me on my iPhone every time I open it. I’ve tried restarting the device etc. I have a number of custom kits so don’t really want to reinstall in case I lose them.

Is this happening to anyone else?

• I'm a bit confused by how to resave a kit. If I've saved it once, and then hit the save button and reselect the kit I want to write over....it instead loads the previous version of the kit. I'm clearly doing something wrong.... Can anyone help?

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@drewinnit said:
    I'm a bit confused by how to resave a kit. If I've saved it once, and then hit the save button and reselect the kit I want to write over....it instead loads the previous version of the kit. I'm clearly doing something wrong.... Can anyone help?

Don’t hit the plus button. Swipe-left on the kit to reveal the save and delete options. Pray you don’t hit delete by accident.

I’m not fond of this method. It’s not very intuitive and seems prone to error to me.

• Thank you Wim!

• Thank you Wim!

• @espiegel123 said:

@Jocphone said:

Do you have particular questions? It is pretty straightforward.

It may be straightforward once you have the flow down but it doesn't seem to like me.

Spent half an hour playing with the new euclidean beats in the grid. Loaded in a kit and swapped things around. Got 5 or 6 nice patterns going. Then tried to save it. Couldn't find anywhere obvious that allowed me to save so I thought use export until I find the save. Boom, lost the lot.

Have no idea, once I did save a new bank (why is it called a bank?) how to save it again under the same name.

And then, in AUM, turned on host sync, loaded up my newly renamed bank. Everything plays ok. I switch EG Pulse to song mode. First time plays ok. Activate loop and I get some slow motion growling instead of a drum beat. NIce, but not what I asked for.

That is just one session this morning. Doesn't seem ready to use. DigiStix and DigiKeys work nearly effortlessly in comparison at the moment. Which is a shame because the drum programming in EG Pulse looks interesting.

• @gregsmith please write me at [email protected] to investigate on your problem

@Jocphone the drumkits and banks managment is explained in the manual. I'm sorry if it's not so
    clear