Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM TINES by MIDIculous LLC

124»

Comments

• @realdawei said:

@TimRussell said:

@realdawei said:
    Sample size is not an issue for me...but the inefficient preset window in AU in Pure Synth keeps me from using it much 👎. probably the same in FM times so I’ll have to pass on this one.

This was addressed in the last update, and is not an issue in FM Tines so if you haven’t updated yet you should.

Maybe it’s an iPad Pro 12.9 specific issue but I still have to scroll both the preset list as well as the instrument interface itself to navigate presets. This is on the latest update

Standalone or AUv3? All the GospelMusicians apps have code now where the preset list sits above the keyboard in standalone mode. You can see the entire preset window and scroll through it. It also includes small arrows on the right hand side, which navigate through them, though much slower than using a Pencil or your finger.

• @MrFromage said:

@realdawei said:

@TimRussell said:

@realdawei said:
    Sample size is not an issue for me...but the inefficient preset window in AU in Pure Synth keeps me from using it much 👎. probably the same in FM times so I’ll have to pass on this one.

This was addressed in the last update, and is not an issue in FM Tines so if you haven’t updated yet you should.

Maybe it’s an iPad Pro 12.9 specific issue but I still have to scroll both the preset list as well as the instrument interface itself to navigate presets. This is on the latest update

Standalone or AUv3? All the GospelMusicians apps have code now where the preset list sits above the keyboard in standalone mode. You can see the entire preset window and scroll through it. It also includes small arrows on the right hand side, which navigate through them, though much slower than using a Pencil or your finger.

AUv3 mode. I don’t use any iOS synths standalone. For AUv3 mode they should make the preset overlay fit completely with in the window, can probably reduce the font size in the headers to accomplish this.

• edited July 2019

@realdawei said:
    AUv3 mode. I don’t use any iOS synths standalone. For AUv3 mode they should make the preset overlay fit completely with in the window, can probably reduce the font size in the headers to accomplish this.

Fair call on the AUv3 mode. Just having a quick look in AUM, I see that they are not available in the AUM preset “tab” in the window. Perhaps this is due to the reported inadequate documentation for the AUv3 standard? Have you contacted the developer about it? It was something they were able to fix in the standalone, perhaps it’s solvable for the AUv3, too.

• Gotcha. Yes fine in standalone but can’t access all presets easily as AU

• @MrFromage said:

@realdawei said:

Fair call on the AUv3 mode. Just having a quick look in AUM, I see that they are not available in the AUM preset “tab” in the window. Perhaps this is due to the reported inadequate documentation for the AUv3 standard? Have you contacted the developer about it? It was something they were able to fix in the standalone, perhaps it’s solvable for the AUv3, too.

That’s the only issue I have with the Midiculous apps.

If the presets were visible in the preset browser of AUM and NS2 I think I may be able get away with using only the GM apps.

• edited July 2019

@eyesunderground said:

@MrFromage said:

@realdawei said:

That’s the only issue I have with the Midiculous apps.

If the presets were visible in the preset browser of AUM and NS2 I think I may be able get away with using only the GM apps.

Latest PureSynth addresses s this (mostly) at most AU resolutions the preset browser now fits in the AU window. Only exception is widescreen letterbox on iPad 12.9, maybe just an oversight on that one.

• edited November 2020

Well my main question for today in 2020 is:
    Purchase FM as a separate app or as an IAP in Pure Synth? :#
    [problems of a modern world 😂]

• @MAtrixplan, check out Stay at Home thread. Storage for the inapp is triple the app and bigger samples that might stress the cpu. Double presets on the desktop version in PSP.

• edited November 2020

What a beautiful sounds! Just watched Jamal demos and...wow!
    By the way, while I was watching it, it has reminded me Michael Bolton’s “How am I supposed to live without you”

Fun fact. Michael Bolton looks to @Michael lol

• The App does not seem to get much attention from the developer:

Was this July 2020 or 2019?

• @Atlesbe said:
    Fun fact. Michael Bolton looks to @Michael lol

Hahah!