Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FM TINES by MIDIculous LLC

Comments

• @MobileMusic said:
    Or they could provide download buttons for individual banks showing their sizes so users could decide what to download. Also the Delete buttons.

Hoping this also. Just my luck that many of the sounds in the 3 demo videos are the ones I found most appealing. Arrrgh!

• Bought - I'm still looking for "that" FM Piano I remember in my head on iOS, hopefully I'll find it here.

I for one would love the an option for the 30GB lib. I have not come close to filling up my 512GB iPad and I have tons and tons of large musical apps.

• I’m surprised this doesn’t have all the desktop sounds as I thought the other GM synths do?

Another fine release regardless.

Go get it!

• @MobileMusic said:

Or they could provide download buttons for individual banks showing their sizes so users could decide what to download. Also the Delete buttons.

I was thinking that very thing with watching Pure Synth download a few weeks ago - hoping there was some easy way to cut them down to size ... but then after a few weeks I couldn't find anything I wanted to delete. The Gospel lads went some of the way to being flexible with cutting the samples into four bite sized chunks - darn big bites but nonetheless... just to pack such sound quality into such a relatively small sample set is no mean feat. Gee there's some nice stuff in here.

• @sch said:

@MobileMusic said:

Hoping this also. Just my luck that many of the sounds in the 3 demo videos are the ones I found most appealing. Arrrgh!

They could still make all the 30 GB of presets downloadable in a future update. I’ll send them an email as for this suggestion (email as recommended by them for any issues).

• @MobileMusic said:

@sch said:

@MobileMusic said:

They could still make all the 30 GB of presets downloadable in a future update. I’ll send them an email as for this suggestion (email as recommended by them for any issues).

I just sent them an email suggesting the download and delete buttons in a future update.

• edited July 2019

We will not make a 30GB download option for an iPad device. That's just way too much and people would give us one stars for this and our reviews would be terrible. People already ding us for having large files. That would also require 15 IAPs. We also tried doing the download delete option and the way iOS is setup, that would require an IAP per each sound. That would be administratively a nightmare as well.

We do have a "secret" thing we are working on that would possibly eliminate all size requirements, but that is "bleeding edge"

The other thing we are hoping for is if Apple will allow us to stream the samples from an external device in lieu of iPadOS 13. So you would download the samples to your external SSD and stream just like a desktop. We will have to test this out thoroughly, but my gut says that iOS would probably stop that technically somehow. Of course, this would probably only work for the new iPad 2018 with USB-C.

• Has anyone compared this to other ‘FM tines’ sounds, particularly Audiokit FM player?

• @GospelMusicians any feedback you can give on the stuttering of the following presets???
    I'm running the latest iOS on 2018 iPad Pro 12.9.

@sch said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    Can u point out some of the specific problem patches?

03: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - Angelic Crystal Stack
    03: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - Crystal Stack Bath
    03: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - Night Tine Crystal
    03: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - Take a Crystal Bath
    03: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - Yessir Crystals

04: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - DX Meets Gabriel MW
    04: FM TiNES Crystal EPs - Love Tine Vox

07: Pad and Strings - Mushy Rez MW
    07: Pad and Strings - Soring Ensemble (**spelling error - "soaring"***

All of the above presets sound stuttering when played (Unusable).

• @GospelMusicians Yes, that makes total sense. I was thinking that with NSK Studio you said you were able to keep all the sounds but reduce the quality and sample size a little. Obviously not possible with this one. (Or maybe I got that wrong about NSK?)

• Sounds beautiful, and I'm not getting any stuttering problems. I have realized here lately that I can't run multiple of many of these new, heavier plugins anymore at 256. But that's just an iPad problem (Pro 10.5 inch is getting obsolete quicker than I thought it would!)

• @sch said:
    @GospelMusicians any feedback you can give on the stuttering of the following presets???

@sch said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Those are all a result of the DreamVerb. It's hit or miss with some devices stating they are fine like @oat_phipps and some devices starting there are glitches. Replace the DreamVerb with the MVerb and you'll be fine.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@sch said:
    @GospelMusicians any feedback you can give on the stuttering of the following presets???

@sch said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Those are all a result of the DreamVerb. It's hit or miss with some devices stating they are fine like @oat_phipps and some devices starting there are glitches. Replace the DreamVerb with the MVerb and you'll be fine.

Wow! I'm glad to see a fix, but I'm astounded that the latest, most powerful iPad Pro can't fully support this app!

• This is also a problem with PPS2.
    I wonder if it would be worth removing Dreamverb from the factory presets in a future update as it reflects poorly on the app and other folk not present on this forum might not realise this is why performance is worse than expected?

• Summary: Apps this large are a problem for most users. I can't use many of the MIDIulous apps I have bought all at once anymore due to the disproportionate size of the apps compared to all others for what they do.

I am hard pressed to replace Gadget and a DAW for NeoSoul Keys Studio or a Tines app.

Sad actually for me but reality is most people can't do these size apps...IMHO

• edited July 2019

@GospelMusicians said:
    We will not make a 30GB download option for an iPad device. That's just way too much and people would give us one stars for this and our reviews would be terrible. People already ding us for having large files. That would also require 15 IAPs. We also tried doing the download delete option and the way iOS is setup, that would require an IAP per each sound. That would be administratively a nightmare as well.

We do have a "secret" thing we are working on that would possibly eliminate all size requirements, but that is "bleeding edge"

The other thing we are hoping for is if Apple will allow us to stream the samples from an external device in lieu of iPadOS 13. So you would download the samples to your external SSD and stream just like a desktop. We will have to test this out thoroughly, but my gut says that iOS would probably stop that technically somehow. Of course, this would probably only work for the new iPad 2018 with USB-C.

We’ve never seen anyone giving low ratings because of file sizes but because of glitches, missing features or high price for what the app offers. People having several hundreds of gigs of space feel their resources are wasted because they cannot download all the instruments. There are apps on AppStore that are much bigger than 30 GB optional downloads -

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/colossus-piano/id1122637899

If you give them the option of downloading/deleting any bank, it is up to them what to download or not. There is no reason to give low ratings based on file sizes when the user is given control to download/delete banks at their choice.

If you offer 10 download buttons to download individual banks, they could have 10 corresponding delete buttons to delete what bank was downloaded (using the corresponding download button). 10 buttons would not be a nightmare. Also, this download/delete functionality would be consistent across all your apps!

People low on space could download a bank, record their performance using its instruments, freeze the track into audio, delete the bank to replenish space and download other banks of interest and so on... You could offer a preview of the bank’s sounds in the app or create YT videos demoing each bank sounds for reference.

The app could still come with default instruments with the initial download and so, nothing will change for users initially.

• @MobileMusic said:

@GospelMusicians said:

We’ve never seen anyone giving low ratings because of file sizes but because of glitches, missing features or high price for what the app offers. People having several hundreds of gigs of space feel their resources are wasted because they cannot download all the instruments. There are apps on AppStore that are much bigger than 30 GB optional downloads -

If you give them the option of downloading/deleting any bank, it is up to them what to download or not. There is no reason to give low ratings based on file sizes when the user is given control to download/delete banks at their choice.

If you offer 10 download buttons to download individual banks, they could have 10 corresponding delete buttons to delete what bank was downloaded (using the corresponding download button). 10 buttons would not be a nightmare. Also, this download/delete functionality would be consistent across all your apps!

People low on space could download a bank, record their performance using its instruments, freeze the track into audio, delete the bank to replenish space and download other banks and so on...

The app could still come with default instruments with the initial download and so, nothing will change for users initially.

Great post

Exactly.

I never understood this all or nothing aspect with the M-Lous apps.

I love love love the apps but I really don't have 20 gigs for a couple instrument specific apps.

I understand the limitations from a programming perspective with file sizes and the complexities especially with AU.

Midicuoulous is farther along than most in attacking the quandary of AU/sample sharing.

But, the size of the apps overall is a more pressing issue in my humble opinion.

I don't see why each app having a corrugated library system for user selections of each bank/folder would not be a simple fix.

JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL NEO KEYS! I forgot.

I would appreciate it.

I hear about "streaming audio" and I just check out. I want to use and go on iPad.

• I bought a second ipad just to house Pure Synth and this ... tipped me over the edge anyway ... couldn't decide what to get rid of to make space ... sleeplessness, tossing, turning. arguing with the dog ... so ... I couldn't resist the temptation. That's not how it's supposed to work is it? Wicked.

• edited July 2019

I guess the saved user presets reuse the same common samples but save their modified parameter values in a separate location (database record)

• @Soundscaper said:
    I bought a second ipad just to house Pure Synth and this ... tipped me over the edge anyway ... couldn't decide what to get rid of to make space ... sleeplessness, tossing, turning. arguing with the dog ... so ... I couldn't resist the temptation. That's not how it's supposed to work is it? Wicked.

The bad news is you're lost. The good news is it's delicious.

• I want quality sounds
    So Keep the file size large
    It’s 2019
    Build apps for the future not the past
    If people want a smaller less powerful, there are other options

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Summary: Apps this large are a problem for most users. I can't use many of the MIDIulous apps I have bought all at once anymore due to the disproportionate size of the apps compared to all others for what they do.

I am hard pressed to replace Gadget and a DAW for NeoSoul Keys Studio or a Tines app.

Sad actually for me but reality is most people can't do these size apps...IMHO

We have a very diverse forum and iOS music community indeed, a direct result of the growth of our user base. I’m on the other side of the coin, fell in love with @GospelMusicians since the first Neo Soul Keys and have currently deleted most of my other Synth apps (I will never delete ThumbJam!) My needs are met with the humongous sounds from these humongous apps. I am super happy and someday I will get a humongous iPad but my little Air 2 and I are loving these great sounds.
    Different strokes for different appoholics.

• Yes, here’s a vote for big high quality sound as well.

• It’s all relative. PureSynth = I almost don’t need BeatHawk any more for what I use it for. BASSalicious 2 = I totally don’t need any other app except Troublemaker for Bass. NeoSoul keys = I could probably dump Module. Net/Net its not all that much space difference.

• So I like the fm tines sounds in Neo soul keys studio and Pure Synth. What makes this different? Is it more subtle control?

• I thought the same, but for the sale price bought anyway, and def no regrets. beautiful. Their sounds are Soooo playable. Much more variety and choice than neo soul and pure synth versions.
    I hope they release a hammond app!!

@scarletjerry said:
    So I like the fm tines sounds in Neo soul keys studio and Pure Synth. What makes this different? Is it more subtle control?

• edited July 2019

@MobileMusic said:

@GospelMusicians said:

People low on space could download a bank, record their performance using its instruments, freeze the track into audio, delete the bank to replenish space and download other banks of interest and so on... You could offer a preview of the bank’s sounds in the app or create YT videos demoing each bank sounds for reference.

Forwarded the comments about all instrument downloads to Gospel Musicians. Let’s hope they come up with an optimal solution for all users and offer them as optional downloads.

• Sample size is not an issue for me...but the inefficient preset window in AU in Pure Synth keeps me from using it much 👎. probably the same in FM times so I’ll have to pass on this one.

• @realdawei said:
    Sample size is not an issue for me...but the inefficient preset window in AU in Pure Synth keeps me from using it much 👎. probably the same in FM times so I’ll have to pass on this one.

This was addressed in the last update, and is not an issue in FM Tines so if you haven’t updated yet you should.

• @TimRussell said:

@realdawei said:
    Sample size is not an issue for me...but the inefficient preset window in AU in Pure Synth keeps me from using it much 👎. probably the same in FM times so I’ll have to pass on this one.

This was addressed in the last update, and is not an issue in FM Tines so if you haven’t updated yet you should.

Maybe it’s an iPad Pro 12.9 specific issue but I still have to scroll both the preset list as well as the instrument interface itself to navigate presets. This is on the latest update