Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As The Intua Turns: BM3 is Alive

1232425262729»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

I’ve only seen pc based on you tube, never played with them (strictly IOS here!), but tend to agree about a simple sampler. I’d even pay out for a sampler AUv3 which could only play one sample, but could do all the magic with it.

Don't know if you have Cubasis but imagine having this built-in :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    search AB forum for figures @analog_matt has shared and his analysis. iOS music does not generate the kind of revenue you imagine .

Matt is a very good small developer...but hardly Korg.

I’m happy to be told I’m wrong but only by someone who actually has some numbers, not a vague guess. You don’t know the real story anymore than I do. We are both guessing from incomplete data.

• @Simon said:

@espiegel123 said:
    search AB forum for figures @analog_matt has shared and his analysis. iOS music does not generate the kind of revenue you imagine .

Matt is a very good small developer...but hardly Korg.

I’m happy to be told I’m wrong but only by someone who actually has some numbers, not a vague guess. You don’t know the real story anymore than I do. We are both guessing from incomplete data.

Read his posts. He gave figures for an app that was in the top 10 of sales for the period covered. Did you read his posts and follow-up?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Read his posts. He gave figures for an app that was in the top 10 of sales for the period covered. Did you read his posts and follow-up?

No, I can't find it. He has posts in 47 different threads. Have you got a link? THanks.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Simon said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Based on sales figures a number of app developers have shared in the past--particularly with music production apps so far removed from their initial release.

https://sensortower.com/ios/US/intua/app/beatmaker-3/1060317024/overview

This may or may not be accurate, but based on reports that I have read from developers about their sales figures , I suspect it’s true:

https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSProgramming/comments/cvagjj/comment/ey40ymr

@analog_matt : what do you think?

I checked out that SensorTower site. The lowest category it goes is "<5K / month"
    All the AudioKit apps are in that category. In that regard, it is accurate. Our apps make less than $5k/month.

Which is okay. AudioKit runs cheap and cheerful. 🚀

That site says BM3 makes under $30k a month. Wow! That number seems really high from my conversations with Mathieu. But, I don't want to speak for him.

• @analog_matt said:
    That site says BM3 makes under $30k a month. Wow! That number seems really high from my conversations with Mathieu. But, I don't want to speak for him.

Ii wonder how they work it out? They must be using some kind of formula.

• Seems traffic has increased on the AB forum tremendously.. That should translate into sales for dev.
    Wish them all the best...

• @Simon said:

@analog_matt said:

Just because they have a formula doesn't make it a good one. The site is click-baity (aimed at devs and the dev-curious). As you saw from the thread, I pointed you to, it is often wrong by huge amounts. There are a lot of people that try to generate general heuristics from limited data and make extrapolations that aren't justified. I suspect that is what is going on here.

It reminds me of the estimates that people try to generate about app sales based on the number of ratings and number of reviews. I don't recall the details but a friend that was exploring iOS development as a possibility after a successful career working at companies went to a lot of meet-ups of successful and upcoming developers and there was a lot of discussion at the time about trying to figure out sales and revenue of apps based on the publicly available information. One thing that came out was that while there seemed rough heurisitics for estimating review to sales figures and ratings to sales figures, they may have often gotten one into the right ballpark but they also were sometimes notably far off. And, the heuristic didn't hold up across sectors and was quite subject to sampling error.

The companies that publish these figures can get away with a lot since there isn't any way to really audit them -- and there isn't enough interest in their figures to result much serious analysis and discussion of their numbers.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Simon said:

@analog_matt said:

Just because they have a formula doesn't make it a good one. The site is click-baity (aimed at devs and the dev-curious). As you saw from the thread, I pointed you to, it is often wrong by huge amounts. There are a lot of people that try to generate general heuristics from limited data and make extrapolations that aren't justified. I suspect that is what is going on here.

It reminds me of the estimates that people try to generate about app sales based on the number of ratings and number of reviews. I don't recall the details but a friend that was exploring iOS development as a possibility after a successful career working at companies went to a lot of meet-ups of successful and upcoming developers and there was a lot of discussion at the time about trying to figure out sales and revenue of apps based on the publicly available information. One thing that came out was that while there seemed rough heurisitics for estimating review to sales figures and ratings to sales figures, they may have often gotten one into the right ballpark but they also were sometimes notably far off. And, the heuristic didn't hold up across sectors and was quite subject to sampling error.

The companies that publish these figures can get away with a lot since there isn't any way to really audit them -- and there isn't enough interest in their figures to result much serious analysis and discussion of their numbers.

I was at a company that used ‘App Annie’ and they put a lot of faith into it. Not sure if that faith was warranted but here it is...

https://www.appannie.com/en/

• @analog_matt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Simon said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Based on sales figures a number of app developers have shared in the past--particularly with music production apps so far removed from their initial release.

This may or may not be accurate, but based on reports that I have read from developers about their sales figures , I suspect it’s true:

I checked out that SensorTower site. The lowest category it goes is "<5K / month"
    All the AudioKit apps are in that category. In that regard, it is accurate. Our apps make less than $5k/month.

Sad to see that’s all you guys make. Hoping that will change one day and you guys can actually make over 30k a month.

• @hansjbs said:

@analog_matt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Simon said:

@espiegel123 said:

Sad to see that’s all you guys make. Hoping that will change one day and you guys can actually make over 30k a month.

They can easily do that by quadrupling the price of Synth One. I’d gladly pay it!

• R> @espiegel123 said:

Just because they have a formula doesn't make it a good one.

I guess not. From what you say they are out by a long shot.

But I wonder why only few apps like Korg and BM3 are in the “more than 5k” category?

• Still no update...

• @reasOne said:
    Still no update...

The update is being heavily beta tested.

Take two and call me in the morning.

• @XanderJames said:

@reasOne said:
    Still no update...

The update is being heavily beta tested.

Take two and call me in the morning.

😂😂😂😂

• @reasOne said:
    Still no update...

@reasOne ok cheers for the update I been waiting for this :) haha