Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As The Intua Turns: BM3 is Alive

Comments

• @kobamoto said:

@WillieNegus said:

What a time to be alive.

:) this is everything!

💯. Always good to find people who share the perspective.

• @WillieNegus I don’t really like tapping on glass which is why I wanna build a controller. I mean yeah I can already use what I have but what’s the fun in that. :D

• @hansjbs said:
    @WillieNegus I don’t really like tapping on glass which is why I wanna build a controller. I mean yeah I can already use what I have but what’s the fun in that. :D

What are you thinking? 4 x 4 with knobs MPD style with a dock? Or something complicated?

• Q:... they didn’t implement destructive sample editing yet, gotta do workarounds?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • forever is a mighty long time

• have they decided when they are bringing bm3 to the iPhone yet?

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ouch oki and doki... not going back into this thread haha

• edited July 2019

Thought for the day...

With all the criticism BM3's been receiving lately, perhaps I'll suggest Vincent renames it to BeatTaker as a badge of honour.

Bruised, but still retaining the title.

• edited July 2019

@WillieNegus said:

@hansjbs said:
    @WillieNegus I don’t really like tapping on glass which is why I wanna build a controller. I mean yeah I can already use what I have but what’s the fun in that. :D

What are you thinking? 4 x 4 with knobs MPD style with a dock? Or something complicated?

That's the plan. Also with audio and usb midi input and with ipadOS a slot for a hard drive.

• @tk32 said:
    Thought for the day...

With all the criticism BM3's been receiving lately, perhaps I'll suggest Vincent renames it to BeatTaker as a badge of honour.

Bruised, but still retaining the title.

Dude, BM3 has been taking a battering yet look at this thread here.
    So many of us gnarly and grumpy waiting for the next update or if it has a future.

These many comments in, it definitely has a future.

'BeatTaker' it is. :smile:

• @kobamoto said:
    you can get with this

or you can get with that

That mpc vid is class (:
    What gives it away as not real tho was the lack of yo's lol
    Going to go over to youtube to check out comments.

• @tk32 said:
    @ksound

Unfortunately micro-timing adjustments can only be made by nudging manually. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to nudge parametrically by ticks (eg +20 ticks).

I've learnt two techniques that help me get close in the meantime.

1. Turn off the grid snap, group select all the notes you want to nudge (eg off-beat hihats), zoom to maximum level and gently nudge the group forward a little with your finger.
    2. Group select the notes you want to nudge (as above), apply a decent amount of swing quantize to the group (eg 15%) then adjust according to taste for nice sloppy, humanised syncopation.

Thanks, @tk32 and once again, @BroCoast
    Got caught up in the last throws of a move over the weekend, but appreciate the info/advice.

• Any news as to whether the beta version that entered testing seems like a winner?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Any news as to whether the beta version that entered testing seems like a winner?

Apparently those on beta are not allowed to say anything at this point.

I'm not part of BM3 beta this time around (didn't even bother to re-apply) and some other apps need a bit of TLC too :)
    I'll be happy if all the previously reported BM3 issues get solved...

• edited September 2019

holy baity hypeman

• Beatmaker Pro? A new app?

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Beatmaker Pro? A new app?

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

Nice try guys. It’s all a giant head fake. I have it from an inside source that they been focusing on the surprise release on Blackberry.

• @wim said:
    Nice try guys. It’s all a giant head fake. I have it from an inside source that they been focusing on the surprise release on Blackberry.

You are a very, very naughty man.

• I think this is just to discuss what they want and speculate on what to come. unless there are 2 BeatMaker apps there’s no PRO version.

• More like Beat A Dead Horse Maker >:)

• Maybe for desktop? It was rumoured...?

• Remember the emphatically promised August update? It didn’t land. What did land in early sept was a beta with no roadmap. So, yeah, business as usual.

• @legsmechanical said:
    Remember the emphatically promised August update? It didn’t land. What did land in early sept was a beta with no roadmap. So, yeah, business as usual.

I don't think that is fair to say yet. Missing a stated timeline is common even with. conscientious developers. Let's wait to see what the release is before making judgements.

It was probably a mistake to make a timeline prediction but lots of developers even experienced ones make the same mistake. It is really hard to know how long it will take to implement and debug..,especially with a new OS version breathing down your neck.

• @legsmechanical said:
    Remember the emphatically promised August update? It didn’t land. What did land in early sept was a beta with no roadmap. So, yeah, business as usual.

Considering that there were rumors about other beta version, which never materialized into update, it’s really weird that the developer wouldn’t communicate more openly.