Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugar Bytes Summer Sale!! (ENDED)

Comments

• edited July 2019

@tja said:
    I will never ever understand, why developers don't promote their sales reasonably.

What percent is that sale?
    Or just original and current prices.
    How long will it exist?

Total basic, required information.

But again, nothing.

Customers need to riddle.
    What a nonsense.

you got me chuckling out loud, I feel your pain... some things just make too much sense huh

• @ruggedsmooth said:

@kobamoto said:
    how much is egoist supposed to be, doesn't look like it's on sale in the us store?

It’s like half price right now or just about
    SugarBytes apps are similar to Korg in pricing.

When I want to see the price of an app I just google it in safari and an App Store add usually comes up on first page with the original price

wow $17 bucks is half price, been so long since I've checked out egoist, I might have even owned it once but didn't remember it being that much

• Appsliced is pretty good for checking regular pricing

https://appsliced.co/apps?search=Sugar+bytes

• tjatja
    edited July 2019

@Steaders said:
    Appsliced is pretty good for checking regular pricing

https://appsliced.co/apps?search=Sugar+bytes

Ah, yes.
    That helps, many thanks!

But the arguments are still valid :D

Got Unique for iPad now.

• Sweet finally got Factory ☝️🙏❤️❤️
    Thank you SugarBytes!

• For those who want to know how long the sale is for - its till the 7th July (I’m signed up to receive their emails)

Cheers! 😺🐬🌈

• The easiest way to find out how much the app was before the sale that I’ve found is ok the appsliced website.

Here are the details on the sugarbytes stuff:

https://appsliced.co/apps/dev/sugar-bytes-gmbh

According to Twitter the sale ends on Sunday.

• The Sugarbytes discounts seem less than in previous sales. The desktop versions are 20-30ish % off which is not as generous as previously.

• Just bought Factory.
    Thanks Sugarbytes. :)

• I see the psychology, this will make us think we better get in on it now cause even a sale won't be that great later

• edited July 2019

@tja said:

@ruggedsmooth said:

@kobamoto said:
    how much is egoist supposed to be, doesn't look like it's on sale in the us store?

When I want to see the price of an app I just google it in safari and an App Store add usually comes up on first page with the original price

It would be totally in the developers own interest to provide that information easily to the potential customers.

After all, this is the reason for a sale: Get more customers

Many of them do it plain wrong.

Massive discounts on all products including our iOS Apps.
    This deal ends on July 7.

Your Sugar Bytes Team

(worth signing up to the SB mailing list then you'll get all the info :) )

• For the guy who asked Factory or Aparillo...Factory, easily. Unless you are the type who likes getting deeply involved in sculpting your innermost noisescapes down to the t (instead of the classic 'maniacal experimentation leading to happy accidents'), then you'll mess with Aparillo a few times, think 'hey this is really cool' each time, then maybe record with it once.

• Picked up Factory. Having a great time so far. You can get pretty out there with it! Unfortunate icon they chose.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Picked up Factory. Having a great time so far. You can get pretty out there with it! Unfortunate icon they chose.

The icon is way better than Aparillo haha that red sphere is so disgusting I can't even have it on my home page, where I keep my favs, and it's one of my favs... But I just cant bare to look at that awful awful icon....GROSS!! HAHA
    please, sugar bytes, if you're listening, change it so I can bring it back to the iPads surface
    😄😡

• Egoist.

Had to be done.

No regrets so far..

• @reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:
    Picked up Factory. Having a great time so far. You can get pretty out there with it! Unfortunate icon they chose.

The icon is way better than Aparillo haha that red sphere is so disgusting I can't even have it on my home page, where I keep my favs, and it's one of my favs... But I just cant bare to look at that awful awful icon....GROSS!! HAHA
    please, sugar bytes, if you're listening, change it so I can bring it back to the iPads surface
    😄😡

They really have poor taste when it comes to graphics. No way around that.

• @oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:

😄😡

Cyclop is a really fun design though

• @nick said:

@oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:

😄😡

That's their kitsch aesthetic. Polar opposite of say Fabfilter but it works for them. But SB should update the graphics to vectors instead of the pixelated graphics that are in their ports.

• @nondes said:

@nick said:

@oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:

😄😡

That's their kitsch aesthetic. Polar opposite of say Fabfilter but it works for them. But SB should update the graphics to vectors instead of the pixelated graphics that are in their ports.

This is by definition superficial. But it is kind of shocking how bad the resolution is.

• I think the design really adds character to that synth , but I agree a high resolution would be very welcome!

• edited July 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:

😄😡

I think the actual gui is decent in most areas , but I'm almost 40 and have terrible vision LOL could be way wrong 😆
    deff see a couple things that could be adjusted and I can tell the graphics are not super crisp but just imagined it is because iOS will run music stuff better on a lower quality image but who knows lol I don't know that first thing about coding or how any of this magic works... Just glad some people wanna take the time to figure it out, I don't think I have the patience.

But I am lost why you would spend so much time creating a really really really great synth then use the ugliest icon Someone came up with the first time they used mspaint or whatever to represent this amazing product 😉
    I would prefer just a black box with a white line going thru it or something basic like that, than that red dot monstrosity 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I hate it a lot

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@nondes said:

@nick said:

@oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:

😄😡

This is by definition superficial. But it is kind of shocking how bad the resolution is.

As an olde schoole amiga nut these are sexy hirez cool gfx dawg

• edited July 2019

After you pay for the Factory upgrade, it says you get 400 more presets. I see that you can use tags and a cloud icon to narrow down your preset selection, ie. Cinematic, Evolving etc.

After you’ve updated and get the 400 more presets, are there any more descriptive words to choose from in the preset selector? ie, Cinematic, Moody, Sad?

Also, is there preset sharing and more presets online that can be imported into Factory?

And, after the upgrade... can you add your own descriptive tags to the Factory presets, in addition to tagging your own presets?

• edited July 2019

@skiphunt said:
    And, after the upgrade... can you add your own descriptive tags to the Factory presets, in addition to tagging your own presets?

You can use custom tags, though you are still limited to four.

• @oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@Crawlingwind said:

😄😡

I’m an App-appearance nut. The way an app looks is important to me. I’m not sure why; professionalism, OCD; I don’t know. For example, I actually can’t have SynthMaster One on my iPad because the appearance depresses me; especially for such a great-sounding synth. Everything about that UI makes me want to cry like a baby. But, I love Sugar Bytes apps. I’m not upset by their appearance. I actually really like the way their apps look. They’re different and fun. Because of this, the low resolution just feels like part of the design ethic. I can’t wait for them to release more apps: Looperator, Obscurium, something completely new. SB are definitely my favourite devs. :)

• Love the Egoist UI! Some people hate it. I get that, but it just makes me grin every time I use it.

Efficiency is more important to me though, so yes, I do wish they’d go vectorized, even if at the expense of the kitsch.

• @Carnbot said:

@tja said:

@ruggedsmooth said:

@kobamoto said:

It would be totally in the developers own interest to provide that information easily to the potential customers.

After all, this is the reason for a sale: Get more customers

Many of them do it plain wrong.

Massive discounts on all products including our iOS Apps.
    This deal ends on July 7.

Your Sugar Bytes Team

(worth signing up to the SB mailing list then you'll get all the info :) )

No, not worth.
    I, as many others, have Apps from 100 developers or so.
    Shall I register on 100 mailing lists now?!(
    Of course not.

And the end of the sale was not mentioned in the App Store or in the Apps themselves.
    Not good.

And "massive discount" is a zero information.

Anyway.

• @wim said:
    Love the Egoist UI! Some people hate it. I get that, but it just makes me grin every time I use it.

Efficiency is more important to me though, so yes, I do wish they’d go vectorized, even if at the expense of the kitsch.

Me too! It somehow drives me into sonic accidents I wouldn't get involved in using other apps, a bit like in Digitakt sampling sessions. And using both is possible too thanks to full MIDI clock support. The drums and the bass synth are quite bare-bones but they work quite well with the slices from hell 🤪

• @tja said:

Just sign up to a handful you want to receive mail from, be selective. That's what the lists are for.
    To be fair, SB are good about informing people, no complaints from me. :)

• I have Factory. Am I missing out by not having Unique?
    The reviews on appstore for Unique have put me off. Thoughts? Ayup.