Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonality - Music Reference by Bryce Hostetler - Updated with Midi and Auv3 support

Comments

• @royor Yup! The guy at Patchstorage is great and might even allow me to implement direct upload as well. Would you like me to add you to the beta?

• Oh wow, direct download from within the app! I'd love to see Mozaic etc offering that, that's fantastically convenient.

• @TonalityApp Thanks for the beta offer but I think I’ll have to pass on that for now..

That really is interesting with the in-app download (+ possible upload) capabilities from Patchstorage.. curious why others don’t go with this option.. 🤷‍♂️

• @royor All good. I think it's because Patchstorage is still relatively small and it's always an effort to incorporate third party services, especially where the internet is involved

• @TonalityApp said:
    @Poppadocrock Sorry I should have been clearer – I'm definitely on board with including more scale-based presets directly in the app. I just meant that I prefer patchstorage to the other forum I was considering for allowing community sharing, which I was envisioning including more pad sets for existing songs like you and @royor mentioned.

Oh ok, my fault for some reason I was assuming an all or nothing approach and I’m not sure why I did that thanks for clearing it up. I use patch storage for mozaic, Drambo, and Nanostudio2, it’s simple and easy to download patches. Never uploaded but I think it’s easy as well, you just need to include a picture, I believe, and have a free account.

• @Poppadocrock No worries! Since you're on the beta you can check it out now at https://patchstorage.com/platform/tonality

Feel free to start adding to the collection!

• If any of these look interesting I've still got about 15 spots open for the beta: https://testflight.apple.com/join/ElG8ItBc

• @TonalityApp great developments Bryce. I know you have already added a SHIT-TON of stuff to this, so feel free to say no, haha, but would you consider maybe giving this some kind of scale quantising midi input function along the lines of what Rozeta Scaler does? I love Scaler but it is very limited in terms of the scales included. Not sure how easy this would be to do, but it would be a killer addition to the app.

• And could maybe even improve on Scaler by offering more options for what to do with notes that fall outside the scale.

• @Gavinski Funny you should say that... I’ve been working on another app too

• Oh man, bring on whatever midi goodness your brilliant mind can come up with 😍😍

• I smell an instabuy!

• @TonalityApp said:
    @Gavinski Funny you should say that... I’ve been working on another app too

Now you’ve done it. Some developer is going to follow a few days later with a “Modaly” app.

• Wow this app is getting even more amazing

• @wim Ha! Maybe I should change the name preemptively...

• @TonalityApp im really enjoying the new Beta version, However I’m having trouble giving a pad a custom name. I want to upload one or 2 to patchstorage.com but they need custom pad names. I know you can do it but not sure how... little Help?

Oh yea if you don’t know.... Tonality is Now On PATCHSTORAGE.COM !!! Which is so cool, I can’t wait to see what people share.

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    I smell an instabuy!

No doubt. I’m totally in...

• @Poppadocrock Glad to hear it! You can add a custom name from the voicing editor page if you use "create custom pad". If you've already created a pad, select the "Rename" tool (double tap the blue button in the bottom right that you usually use to clear a pad) and use it on any pad you like.

• @TonalityApp said:
    @Poppadocrock Glad to hear it! You can add a custom name from the voicing editor page if you use "create custom pad". If you've already created a pad, select the "Rename" tool (double tap the blue button in the bottom right that you usually use to clear a pad) and use it on any pad you like.

Yea I’ve already made the pad. Ok great. I know exactly what you mean, Thanks.

• @Poppadocrock Great! Excited to see what you come up with

• @TonalityApp : great app. Is there an option that I am overlooking to show the scales that are consistent with a particular chord? For example, let’s say you have entered F# 7#11 as the chord, to see all the scales that include the chord’s notes?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @TonalityApp : great app. Is there an option that I am overlooking to show the scales that are consistent with a particular chord? For example, let’s say you have entered F# 7#11 as the chord, to see all the scales that include the chord’s notes?

Just downloaded the beta and see that it is there. Great!

• @espiegel123 There is! Tap on a chord from the chords tab and scroll down. Note that this is currently only in standalone - where were you trying to access it?

• @TonalityApp said:
    @espiegel123 There is! Tap on a chord from the chords tab and scroll down. Note that this is currently only in standalone - where were you trying to access it?

Thanks. I was in standalone and missed that.

• I’m loving the guitar chords in the scale chords section in the latest beta btw, great stuff!

• @Krupa Thanks for your input there!

Have you tried out the new CC mapping?

• @TonalityApp : a few questions about the beta

how can I clear chord from the favorites holder?

is there a way to use the guitar interface rather than keyboard interface for selecting chords on the chord pad page? Or should I build the chard on the chords page, drag chord into favorites pad and then into chords pad?

How do you delete a chord from a pad in the beta?

• @espiegel123

• clearing from the palette is coming soon
    • Currently no way to directly add guitar charts to the pads, but if you’re using the AU you can drag a chord chart from standalone app in split/slide over mode straight onto it. You can also hold down to start dragging a pad in standalone and then switch to the pads page and it’ll work
    • Hold down the blue button on the bottom right and tap on any pad to clear it. That button can also allow you to copy/paste, rename, transpose, and more
  • @TonalityApp said:
    @Krupa Thanks for your input there!

Have you tried out the new CC mapping?

I haven’t yet no, I will :)