Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonality - Music Reference by Bryce Hostetler - Updated with Midi and Auv3 support

Comments

• @craftycurate Cool diagram. What did you make it in?

@LowMoses Okay great! Yeah I’m not sure if I’ll do midi file export since you can record in other apps. Let me know how you like it!

• @craftycurate said:

This might help to explain ... there will be variation in the synths, effects but this is mostly how it works out for this kind of track.

That’s an awesome graphic! Is that fully custom or done with some flowcharting or diagramming app?

• edited December 2019

@TonalityApp said:
    @craftycurate Cool diagram. What did you make it in?

@Liquidmantis said:
    That’s an awesome graphic! Is that fully custom or done with some flowcharting or diagramming app?

Thanks... It's done by hand in Adobe Illustrator (I'm a graphic designer by day) :)

• @craftycurate said:

@TonalityApp said:
    @craftycurate Cool diagram. What did you make it in?

Thanks... It's done in Adobe Illustrator (I'm a graphic designer by day).

I had guessed right on both accounts. :smile: Obviously professional output.

To get back on topic, I really need to dig into Tonality over this break. It’s great to see the pace of development. The ear training exercises are really nice.

• I'm just about to buy this app, I think it has a number of things I'd like, and such an awesome responsive developer!

One question, can I trigger the custom chord pads from a midi note from an outside source, rather than the touchscreen? I'd be wanting to use a foot controller, so I can play live guitar, and switch through a chord sequence with some flexibility. The other interesting possibility would be to use another sequencer to trigger the pads.

• I've just purchased it and answered my own question. Great!

• @SimonSomeone Glad you figured it out! Let me know if you have other questions

• @SimonSomeone said:
    I've just purchased it and answered my own question. Great!

And the answer..?

• @Jocphone Yes! You can assign each pad a midi trigger

• edited December 2019

Just doubling back to say @TonalityApp I picked up your app and could not be more happy!

Can’t wait to explore deeper but after the initial poking around and pressing every button, I set it up in AUM with some beautiful sounds from Neo Soul Keys and had the most fun time jamming out with the chord pads.

Thank you for making this and then putting in the effort to keep making it better. Hats off

Edit: I wanted to add a small thing that I was particularly happy to find was all the different color scheme options!! I am an illustrator & graphic designer by day and very much appreciate the ability to tweak the look to fit the mood. A small detail and not a crucial element but it’s those little cherries on top that make the user experience truly enjoyable

• @LowMoses I’m really glad to hear it! I think you’ll appreciate the recolor tool for pads coming in the next update

• Down to $1.99 – happy holidays!

• Jeeez thats a steal

• Sold! Merry Christmas! Thanks for such awesome app!

• @TonalityApp said:
    @LowMoses I’m really glad to hear it! I think you’ll appreciate the recolor tool for pads coming in the next update

Awesome!! Yes such a great little detail.

Could you or anyone else let me know if there is a way to add a chord that you ID directly to your chord pads. I feel like I’m missing something obvious

If not that would be really cool. Or even if it saved to a “chord Id” preset or a recently viewed type list that came up in the chord pad area.

Not a major matter I just find myself playing piano and wanting to save some of the new chords with one click and keep playing

Cheers!

• @LowMoses said:

@TonalityApp said:
    @LowMoses I’m really glad to hear it! I think you’ll appreciate the recolor tool for pads coming in the next update

Awesome!! Yes such a great little detail.

Could you or anyone else let me know if there is a way to add a chord that you have ID’d from the ID page to your chord pads. I feel like I’m missing something obvious

If not that would be really cool. Or even if it saved to a “chord Id” preset or a recently viewed type list that came up in the chord pad area.

Not a major matter I just find myself playing piano and wanting to save some of the new chords with one click and keep playing

Cheers!

• @LowMoses That’s a cool idea! There’s a way to do it with midi keyboards currently but not with analog ones. Adding this to my list!

• @TonalityApp The new octave selector in Pad Edit mode is great - very simple and intuitive. Would be even better if the end octaves could be unselected by tapping them to narrow the range.

• @TonalityApp said:
    @LowMoses That’s a cool idea! There’s a way to do it with midi keyboards currently but not with analog ones. Adding this to my list!

much appreciated!

• edited December 2019

@aplourde @[Deleted User] @craftycurate @yowza @mojozart @thesoundtestroom @Jumpercollins

To all beta testers: as soon as I finish the manual I think I’m going to release the latest build with only minor changes. Contact me if there’s anything I should know of before then!

• Okay v7.0 is out! Finally includes state-saving for chord pads, a manual, and much more

• edited January 2020

• edited January 2020

@skiphunt Are you sure it says 3.0? The last one was 6.3

Ah wait... you’re seeing TONALY. Different app, recently changed its name to be really similar. This is becoming frustrating

• Ouch. Tonality/Tonaly conflation...

• edited January 2020

• edited January 2020

@skiphunt That’s Tonaly, not Tonality. They recently changed the name and it’s causing issues

• @TonalityApp said:
    @skiphunt That’s Tonaly, not Tonality. They recently changed the name and it’s causing issues

Oopsies! Will edit post.

• @skiphunt No worries, thanks!

• @TonalityApp said:

It probably effected your sale purchases some... because when I saw Tonality go on sale over the holidays I disregarded it because I thought I already owned it, ie. Tonaly

• @skiphunt Yeah... Tonaly also tends to show up as an ad when searching for Tonality.

@horsetrainer Your "Ugly Zebra's Amazing Chord Making Extravaganza Audio Unit" is looking more and more appealing :D (Also let me know how the most recent update works for you, especially with the chord pads. It's got some things you were asking for but unable to beta test.)