Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 002 : spacecraft and drc synth

Comments

• Man everyone is bringing it with this!!!!

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s my little 4 bar loop

Great energy/tension/organic feel

• edited June 2019

Hi everyone!

I really love DRC and spacecraft, so I decided to give it a try. This is my first app challenge. 3 instances of DRC and 2 of spacecraft with the help of some AU effects.. I was planning to keep it this way, but today, I really wanted to hear drums on it, so I used patterning 2 (I prefer drums samples sorry for being lazy...)
    I had something cinematic in mind, so I decided to play on two chords, but i've been fooling around with odd time signature to make the track a bit less predictable and boring.

I really enjoyed listening to all tracks here. Everyone is really good. Definitely cannot compete with you, guys... Anyway, I Hope you will take the time to listen and give some feedback.

Listen to You Are Not Alone by JanKun on #SoundCloud

• @JanKun That was faaaaantastic! Beautiful wall of sound. I also love how unobtrusive the odd time signature is. Really great job!

• @JanKun really really nice and inspiring. Thank you

• Great stuff and in this thread!
    Love all your creations! 🎶 👍

Congrats! 😊

• @DCJ said:
    @JanKun That was faaaaantastic! Beautiful wall of sound. I also love how unobtrusive the odd time signature is. Really great job!

Thank you for listening! You put a smile on my face for the rest of the day! 😃
    First time, but certainly not the last. It is a really good exercice and having a dead line definitely gives motivation to finish a track.
    I listened to all tracks, everything sounds really great. Makes me dream of collaborative track!

• ALBALB
    edited June 2019

https://soundcloud.com/user-474184242/back-to-comm

Slow, lugubrious, droney. All sounds are from DRC into Spacecraft or just DRC with a touch of delay.

• @JanKun said:
    Hi everyone!
    Listen to You Are Not Alone by JanKun on #SoundCloud

This was invigorating. I clicked on this while I was tired from working and felt better.

• @ALB said:

Slow, lugubrious, droney. All sounds are from DRC into Spacecraft or just DRC with a touch of delay.

Lugubrious is the right word. But definitely on the contemplating end of things for me. Expert sound design. A great entry for this, shows off the sounds of these synths but stretches what I think you'd get right off the bat.

• @Multicellular said:

@ALB said:

Lugubrious is the right word. But definitely on the contemplating end of things for me. Expert sound design. A great entry for this, shows off the sounds of these synths but stretches what I think you'd get right off the bat.

Thanks very much. Yes, it’s more of a showcase for sounds than a piece of music per se. could have been about a minute shorter.

• @tiantong said:
    @JanKun really really nice and inspiring. Thank you

Thank you! So you are the happy owner of a Linnstrument? From what I could hear on your track, it seems to be really expressive ! This must be a real pleasure to play! I hope I can afford one of these one day!

• @Multicellular said:

This was invigorating. I clicked on this while I was tired from working and felt better.

Nice to hear it helped relieving tiredness!
    I should thank you for the mixing tips you dropped on the forum. Your explanations are Crystal clear. Thanks to you I understand better reverb parameters and the relation between EQ and panning in the context of stereo field !

• @loveschack

Wow! That’s quality.

• @echoopera said:
    Here’s my little 4 bar loop of DRC+SpaceCraft. Thanks for setting these up...they are a lot of fun to do.

Smooth and tasty

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hi all.
    As i am a fan of DRC i tried something fitting the rules.

The hissing is coming from my self build tape-simulation (FX-Chain). As i am working on that tape-simulation-chain i thought i could take it for a spin.

Nice

• Here’s my first, I’m new to DRC and haven’t really dug into Spacecraft, so I think I’ll linger on this challenge for a while and see what I can pull out of them. Really enjoying listening to all the posts.

• @grantbasmahorsnell said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    Hi all.
    As i am a fan of DRC i tried something fitting the rules.

The hissing is coming from my self build tape-simulation (FX-Chain). As i am working on that tape-simulation-chain i thought i could take it for a spin.

Nice

Thank you :blush:

• @Multicellular
    That’s a thumbs up from me.

• @echoopera said:
    Uploaded the earlier track to Soundcloud:

Great dreamy track

• @ALB
    Beautiful, loved the background piano chords, lovely finishing touch.

• @loveschack said:
    https://soundcloud.com/esbenschack/spacecraft-chill-expedition-1

Here's an improvised jam fresh off the pad using two SpaceCrafts that have all controls mapped to two Behringer BCR2000s. Enso does the looping of the synths.

That’s pretty unique and brilliant! Good stuff.

@JanKun
    Love it.

Thanks a lot. I started to listen to your music on trackaday.net (couldn’t listen to everything though). Amazing!

• @JanKun said:

@grantbasmahorsnell said:
    @JanKun
    Love it.

Thanks a lot. I started to listen to your music on trackaday.net (couldn’t listen to everything though). Amazing!

Thank you

Here’s my first, I’m new to DRC and haven’t really dug into Spacecraft, so I think I’ll linger on this challenge for a while and see what I can pull out of them. Really enjoying listening to all the posts.

Really digging this.

@ALB
    Beautiful, loved the background piano chords, lovely finishing touch.

Thanks!