Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App challenge 002 : spacecraft and drc synth

For this challenge use spacecraft and drc as your main sound sources!
You can make a riff, a soundscape, a loop, a patch, a full track... Whatever inspires you and wherever the road leads!

You can use other apps, synths, and effects to get to your destination, the main goal is to dig a bit more into the selected apps and challenge yourself to know them better.. And to most of all, have fun.

Last challenge was impressive, some of you guys made some insane stuff using just sunrizer alone... Was really impressed! Myself, I started with sunrizer then took it to ableton to add some pigments and other things!

Let's get er started!
Next challenge will be posted July 2nd but as ALWAYS these challenges stay open for the life of forum, so at any point you can drop a entry in... Even a second or third if that's how it works out!

Previous challenge links:
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33187/app-challenge-001-sunrizer/p1

Comments

• Also I may use my osx spacecraft in this just cuz it's amazing and works wonderfully 😁

• DCJDCJ
    edited June 2019

I decided to just jump in and share this in the state it's in because I'll never have time to finish it and if I let you all post first I'm just gonna get discouraged by how good everything sounds. (looking at you @jwmmakerofmusic )

All DRC and DRC into Spacecraft for sound sources. REAL DARK.

Specifics:
    All done in AUM. Four instances of DRC since the 5th would always crash. :D
    The digital noise in the beginning is DRC recorded into SC and then run through Moonshine, Resampler, and Kleverb.
    Melody made from scratch and sent through Perforator and Kosmonaut
    Blips made from scratch and sent through K7D, Amazing Noises Limiter, and ADverb2
    Bass is the Well Wah preset with the filter LFO amount being modulated by Rozeta LFO into FAC Chorus and ADverb2
    Chords is the Gravitational Wave preset with me manually adjusting the filter and envelope.
    The looping sound is DRC into SC.

CPU was constantly near 100% so I couldn't do anything else even if I tried. But it was good to be limited and find creative ways around it.

• @DCJ said:

So this means we already started this being awesome badasses? :wink: Really cool stuff @DCJ
    All running through AUM? I'm having orgasms around 2:20 :lol:

Gotta finish my works on Sunrizer challenge, but i'll get Spacecraft for this one :sunglasses:

• @DCJ
    You are kidding right? I put my mouth and hands in the dust. This is amazing an entry! Wow! Hopefully I will find time to drone something and compose an entry for this weeks challenge!

• edited June 2019

@DCJ said:
    I decided to just jump in and share this in the state it's in because I'll never have time to finish it and if I let you all post first I'm just gonna get discouraged by how good everything sounds. (looking at you @jwmmakerofmusic )

All DRC and DRC into Spacecraft for sound sources. Various FX. REAL DARK. I'll edit with details and screenshot soon.

That totally fits my mood right now. Love it!

• @senhorlampada @david_2017 Alright you both got me feeling good about life! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. Everything was done in AUM!

@AudioGus It's the only way we'll ever "finish" something man. Just drop it and go! Your tracks always kick ass!

• @DCJ man that sounds great!!! Digging the AUM set up! I'm going to follow a similar path and sample drc into SC

• As expected now I got one song started for each challenge but nothing completed. 😂😂

• @ecou said:
    As expected now I got one song started for each challenge but nothing completed. 😂😂

Doesn't have to be a song! Just a riff... a patch... An idea.... Soundscape !!

• Will totally be contributing something after iPad OS drops (I hope). Files crapp is dead in the water for me and I need it to use Spacecraft.

• Uuugggghhhh. I just had that problem like a week ago (a week agoooo).

• https://soundcloud.com/esbenschack/spacecraft-chill-expedition-1

Here's an improvised jam fresh off the pad using two SpaceCrafts that have all controls mapped to two Behringer BCR2000s. Enso does the looping of the synths.

• edited June 2019

Here’s my little 4 bar loop of DRC+SpaceCraft. Thanks for setting these up...they are a lot of fun to do.

And the AUM Session for those who are interested:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6kyua2u7jg82rq/hypnagogic.aumproj?dl=0

• edited June 2019

Hi all.
    As i am a fan of DRC i tried something fitting the rules.

The hissing is coming from my self build tape-simulation (FX-Chain). As i am working on that tape-simulation-chain i thought i could take it for a spin.

Used in this little barebones tune are 3x DRC and 1x SpaceCraft
    I hope you like it and thanks for the ears!

SpaceCraft has 2 self-generated samples.

(auGEN X is only doing the hissesssssssssss)

• Wow this is awesome guys. So great to hear so many compositions involving SC out of nowhere ! Makes me happy :)

• @loveschack @echoopera @MrBlaschke
    Great stuff guys!!!!!!!!
    Really liking all these jams a lot.... We need a sc playlist for all these and the others

• edited June 2019

Gadget auto-generated name = Ugly Channel.

Details:
    All iOS sounds / all sounds from DRC and Spacecraft if you count that I did field recordings.

Made some percussion samples from DRC, imported into Gadget. Recorded the drums and bass in Gadget.

Exported that to the desktop and improvised the rest with the midi keyboard, DRC and Spacecraft.

Nosy bits are recordings of me taking out the recycling and my kid snoring, or DRC improv, messed with in Spacecraft. Everything else is DRC.

I did use some external special effects including reverb and tremolo. Otherwise just mixing/mastering effects.

This was fun. I had not had DRC, but it is a streamlined nice sounding synth. I knew Spacecraft pretty well already.

Photo relevant because I am mad at that trash panda right now. He made a mess of my garbage.

• @Multicellular dang that sick man!! Really love the process explainaton

• I really like these challenges, amazing what you can come up with, thank you.

Number one was easy to keep away from, as I don't have Sunrizer but SpaceCraft is very dear to me so I couldn't resist to put something together. I'm working on it but honestly I feel intimidated by the level of your contributions.

By the way I'm putting these on a playlist in Soundcloud, I hope it is ok.

• @tiantong said:
    I really like these challenges, amazing what you can come up with, thank you.

Number one was easy to keep away from, as I don't have Sunrizer but SpaceCraft is very dear to me so I couldn't resist to put something together. I'm working on it but honestly I feel intimidated by the level of your contributions.

By the way I'm putting these on a playlist in Soundcloud, I hope it is ok.

Man don't feel intimated just drop what you make! And please share that playlist !

• All right, here is the playlist: https://soundcloud.com/tiantong/sets/audiobus-forum-app-challenge

I will try to add more tracks as they are posted here.

I can't seem to add my own track to the playlist, but anyway, here it is:
    https://soundcloud.com/tiantong/the-zoo-of-bee

3 loops overlapping each other. The two first are DRC patches slightly modified, the third is a Native American flute sampled into SpaceCraft Granular and actually the initial spark of it all.

Revolving around 4 chords in G minor, i-VI-ii-V. All 3 tracks were played with the Linnstrument and rescued later from AudioShare.

SpaceCraft supports MPE so my fingers were modulating the playheads (instead of the LFO). DRC doesn't so the Linnstrument was set to standard mode.

Spiced with an infinite Reverb by Amazing Noises and an overdose of Kosmonaut.

Mixing was difficult but I've enjoyed the process.

• @tiantong said:

3 loops overlapping each other. The two first are DRC patches slightly modified, the third is a Native American flute sampled into SpaceCraft Granular and actually the initial spark of it all.

Revolving around 4 chords in G minor, i-VI-ii-V. All 3 tracks were played with the Linnstrument and rescued later from AudioShare.

SpaceCraft supports MPE so my fingers were modulating the playheads (instead of the LFO). DRC doesn't so the Linnstrument was set to standard mode.

Great work. Emotional and cinematic. I just gotta find time to listen to the others.

• edited June 2019

https://soundcloud.com/jabreyhowell/the-flight

This is the max the iPad Pro - Gen 1- 12.9 could handle. 77% DSP while playing and editing.

What movie are the sampled lyrics from?

• @Multicellular love the drums on this. Great feel.
    @tiantong thanks for sharing! This is a great, safe place to share your work! Love the space and atmosphere on this piece.
    @Breezee You synthesized all these drums in DRC? With no fx? They sound nice and punchy! Movie is Airplane yeah?

• i Used the drum presets in a couple of the expansion packs in drc. Then, I used FAC Transient as an effect on the mis bus channel all drums were sent to.

Yes, Airplane!

• Thanks. It’s really nice to be a part of this. Learning a lot both from listening and for the challenge itself.

• @tiantong said:
    All right, here is the playlist: https://soundcloud.com/tiantong/sets/audiobus-forum-app-challenge

I will try to add more tracks as they are posted here.

Wow...this is really beautiful! Definitely feels cinematic and melancholic...nice work!

• Uploaded the earlier track to Soundcloud:

• @tiantong said:

I really enjoyed that :blush:
    Thanks

• Is it ok to use the spacecraft mac os beta 😁 coz if so....