Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

1568101153

Comments

  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @wim said:
    I say we kidnap Bram’s favorite pet or family member and hold them hostage until he ports the Mozaic interpreter to a hardware version.

    Imagine being able to download scripts to a hardware version of this. B)

    Midi interface + iPad same thing no?

    Hell no. :) Haptics the same as slidey glass you have to look at to know what you're moving? I don’t think so.

  • @grego68 , @Jumpercollins , and everyone,

    I have added a video to my original topic in the third page that explains in more detail how to import Mozaic scripts - either from a .mozaic file or (in case everything fails) directly from the source code. I attach it here too, with an example using our beloved Audiobus :smiley:

    https://youtu.be/hMUvJ9H_eYk

  • edited May 17
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Another way to look at whether or not Mozaic is worth having if you don’t want to do programming is whether or not there are enough useful scripts people have made that you would pay money for an app that did the same thing.

    I’d have paid (a little) money each for the apps like the scripts I’ve made. Though of course, if calculated at an hourly rate for my effort, I spent a lot more. ;)

  • @wim said:
    Another way to look at whether or not Mozaic is worth having if you don’t want to do programming is whether or not there are enough useful scripts people have made that you would pay money for an app that did the same thing.

    I’d have paid (a little) money each for the apps like the scripts I’ve made. Though of course, if calculated at an hourly rate for my effort, I spent a lot more. ;)

    If you like what you do you never work a day in your life! 😉

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @wim said:
    Another way to look at whether or not Mozaic is worth having if you don’t want to do programming is whether or not there are enough useful scripts people have made that you would pay money for an app that did the same thing.

    I’d have paid (a little) money each for the apps like the scripts I’ve made. Though of course, if calculated at an hourly rate for my effort, I spent a lot more. ;)

    If you like what you do you never work a day in your life! 😉

    Yeh. Mozaic is worth it to me for the entertainment value alone. But I’m a nerd to the core.

  • Anyone have thoughts about an unofficial repository for scripts until @brambos is able to pull something together for sharing (should that happen, no pressure!) A thread here would certainly work, but we all now it would inevitably become a mess of requests and questions rather than scripts.

  • @reasOne said:
    Can you use speech to text and just tell "COMMA" 🤣

    Comma again?

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited May 17

    @legsmechanical said:
    Anyone have thoughts about an unofficial repository for scripts until @brambos is able to pull something together for sharing (should that happen, no pressure!) A thread here would certainly work, but we all now it would inevitably become a mess of requests and questions rather than scripts.

    The Wiki seems a likely place. If Mozaic hasn’t already been added there, I’ll add it. Then in the app page there could be a list of scripts. I haven’t checked if uploading zipped files would be allowed, but if not then links like we’ve been doing would suffice.

    It would be best if that list went away or linked to an official repository when available though. It’s always bad to have multiple sources for things like that.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:
    Another way to look at whether or not Mozaic is worth having if you don’t want to do programming is whether or not there are enough useful scripts people have made that you would pay money for an app that did the same thing.

    I’d have paid (a little) money each for the apps like the scripts I’ve made. Though of course, if calculated at an hourly rate for my effort, I spent a lot more. ;)

    Anybody here play with Game Maker Studio? Users have developed tons of scripts for others to use, and there are people with YouTube channels filled with many, many how-to videos that make GML (the language) and game making accessible to everyone. Man, I hope the same thing happens with Moziac!

  • @wim said:

    @legsmechanical said:
    Anyone have thoughts about an unofficial repository for scripts until @brambos is able to pull something together for sharing (should that happen, no pressure!) A thread here would certainly work, but we all now it would inevitably become a mess of requests and questions rather than scripts.

    The Wiki seems a likely place. If Mozaic hasn’t already been added there, I’ll add it. Then in the app page there could be a list of scripts. I haven’t checked if uploading zipped files would be allowed, but if not then links like we’ve been doing would suffice.

    It would be best if that list went away or linked to an official repository when available though. It’s always bad to have multiple sources for things like that.

    The wiki does allow zipped files to be uploaded. A page with Mozaic download links seems like a good idea. It would be nice if people pu mozaic as the first word of the zip file name would be helpful for housekeeping.

  • wimwim
    edited May 17

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @legsmechanical said:
    Anyone have thoughts about an unofficial repository for scripts until @brambos is able to pull something together for sharing (should that happen, no pressure!) A thread here would certainly work, but we all now it would inevitably become a mess of requests and questions rather than scripts.

    The Wiki seems a likely place. If Mozaic hasn’t already been added there, I’ll add it. Then in the app page there could be a list of scripts. I haven’t checked if uploading zipped files would be allowed, but if not then links like we’ve been doing would suffice.

    It would be best if that list went away or linked to an official repository when available though. It’s always bad to have multiple sources for things like that.

    The wiki does allow zipped files to be uploaded. A page with Mozaic download links seems like a good idea. It would be nice if people pu mozaic as the first word of the zip file name would be helpful for housekeeping.

    I created the app page and added links to the scripts I’ve posted here. I may do separate pages for some of them to provide explanation. To keep the page under control, I suggest one-line postings, substituting a link to a dedicated page if more detail than fit on a line is needed.

    https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

  • Woahhhh.
    Just found this and am deeply impressed :o :o :o

  • @wim said:
    I created the app page and added links to the scripts I’ve posted here. I may do separate pages for some of them to provide explanation. To keep the page under control, I suggest one-line postings, substituting a link to a dedicated page if more detail than fit on a line is needed.

    https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

    Thannks Wim!

  • @wim said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @legsmechanical said:
    Anyone have thoughts about an unofficial repository for scripts until @brambos is able to pull something together for sharing (should that happen, no pressure!) A thread here would certainly work, but we all now it would inevitably become a mess of requests and questions rather than scripts.

    The Wiki seems a likely place. If Mozaic hasn’t already been added there, I’ll add it. Then in the app page there could be a list of scripts. I haven’t checked if uploading zipped files would be allowed, but if not then links like we’ve been doing would suffice.

    It would be best if that list went away or linked to an official repository when available though. It’s always bad to have multiple sources for things like that.

    The wiki does allow zipped files to be uploaded. A page with Mozaic download links seems like a good idea. It would be nice if people pu mozaic as the first word of the zip file name would be helpful for housekeeping.

    I created the app page and added links to the scripts I’ve posted here. I may do separate pages for some of them to provide explanation. To keep the page under control, I suggest one-line postings, substituting a link to a dedicated page if more detail than fit on a line is needed.

    https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

    Nice! If there get to be a lot of contributions, they might deserve their own page.

    Might be cool to do this for other types of scripts and presets, too.

  • @wim said:

    @espiegel123 said:

    @wim said:

    @legsmechanical said:
    Anyone have thoughts about an unofficial repository for scripts until @brambos is able to pull something together for sharing (should that happen, no pressure!) A thread here would certainly work, but we all now it would inevitably become a mess of requests and questions rather than scripts.

    The Wiki seems a likely place. If Mozaic hasn’t already been added there, I’ll add it. Then in the app page there could be a list of scripts. I haven’t checked if uploading zipped files would be allowed, but if not then links like we’ve been doing would suffice.

    It would be best if that list went away or linked to an official repository when available though. It’s always bad to have multiple sources for things like that.

    The wiki does allow zipped files to be uploaded. A page with Mozaic download links seems like a good idea. It would be nice if people pu mozaic as the first word of the zip file name would be helpful for housekeeping.

    I created the app page and added links to the scripts I’ve posted here. I may do separate pages for some of them to provide explanation. To keep the page under control, I suggest one-line postings, substituting a link to a dedicated page if more detail than fit on a line is needed.

    https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

    👍👍👍

  • @rrc2soft said:

    @iamspoon said:
    I’m not a keen coder but this looks great!
    Anyone know if I could create something like the SB Factory “morph” slider sending out multiple MIDI CC values?

    You could use Mozaic XY Pad and/or knobs to send CC values depending on the XY/knob value. Mozaic creates events whenever the value of the GUI elements are changed.

    Give me an example of what you want and I will try to code the skeleton for you

    Very kind of you to offer so before you reconsider here’s the kind of thing I was thinking of :smile:

    1

    A bank of ~8 midi cc controls linked to/controlled by a master dial/cross fader on the UI?

    To elaborate a bit, I’m aiming to have 1 master midi controller (say mod wheel or a dial) that effects all the other midi cc knobs on the interface, preferably with variable/bipolar range.
    Clumsy description, but in essence something like the Yamaha super knob(!?!?) idea where one controller effects multiple CC’s by different amounts in different directions..

    2

    Similar but possibly more complex to code with storing and morphing values ?!?
    Something with functionality like the “morph” fader in SB Factory, but with user definable midi CC to bring this kind of morphing to some ageing external synths.

    I’d be happy to help if this kind of thing is possible!

  • Thanks wim & co! https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine
    Bram hit it out of the ballpark again. I hope the Muff Wigglers get wind of this. Revolutionary stuff.

  • @brambos has once again revolutionized iOS. The opportunities this has opened up is amazing. Thank you sir! Truly Mind-blowing!

  • I was all set to pull the trigger on this... mostly because it's the Brameister. But... as I scroll through this thread and read all the confusion, coding stuff, issues with illegal AU access that might get shut down, confusion with how to load a script, videos on how to load a script. etc. etc.

    Getting kinda skittish.

    Thought it'd be worth it just for downloading, loading up a few of the built in factory scripts... and then simply using it without much more fuss. Is this not quite the case?

  • This is top stuff, very impressed :)
    A bunch of very nice scripts already there in release too.

    I'm hoping that a visual module might be added one day, which could be used to visualise LFOs plus other interesting visual scripts would come out of it. Think it would fit the nice visual nature of it too :)

  • @brambos said:

    @reasOne said:

    @brambos said:

    @reasOne said:
    This is great and I'll deff get it today!
    Bram is a staple to the iOS community and super honest about his apps!
    I've wanted to learn some coding so I feel like this is deff going to be a good way to scratch that itch while leaving the real coding to the pros haha...
    I guess im curious, and pardon my ignorance lol, if this can be made into a synth or audio effects unit... Or is it designed to purely be a midi controller and midi effects au...

    One thing I would like to see it used for..
    I set up sequences in several instances of steppolyarp, routed to various synths, and use one key on the aum keyboard to trigger them all at once...
    I'm wondering if I can set up pads with mosaic to where each pad will send a midi note to different instances of a steppolyarp unit... Using one key is a bit limiting and takes a lot longer to program the spa sequences as some of them I may not want to start hitting notes until they to a second bar... so if each key or pad on mosaic can be set different sequences I'd be in heaven...

    That sounds quite easy. Sending out a different note for each pad (would that also require different MIDI channels?) is probably about 5 lines of script. I could write one later today as an example.

    Yes I've tried to figure out how to do this with kb-1, but I'm pretty sure kb-1 pads are unable to send to individual channel's, you can set up a pad to trigger multiple instances of spa but each key press goes to every and all instances, no way to send pad one to just one instance and pad two to a separate one, if I'm making any sense, so mosaic for this capability alone is a must have for me! Yes if you are able to create that, that would be my weekend 😁

    Here's a little script which sends out a note to different channels depending on which pad you tap. First pad = ch0, second pad = ch1, third pad = ch2, etc.

    @OnLoad
      notenum = 60 // change this to reflect the note you want to send
      ShowLayout 2 // pads layout  
    @End
    
    @OnPadDown 
      pad = LastPad // 0-15
      SendMIDINoteOn pad, notenum, 100
      SendMIDINoteOff pad, notenum, 0, 250  
    @End
    
    @Description
    Whenever you hit a pad a note will be sent to the corresponding MIDI channel. 
    1st pad = channel 0,  2nd pad = channel 1, ... 16th pad = channel 15
    @End
    

    Right now it sends the same note and just changes the channels. If you also need different notes to be sent out per pad I can add that. Let know :)

    Just copy/paste the code above in the script window and you should be good to go!

    Sweet!!!
    I'm going to try it out!!
    I am not entirely sure how to route it in AUM to send to different instances of spa but I'll probably figure that out with more time...
    One thing that needs adjusted is how long the midi note stays going...
    It didn't sustain across the whole sequence... It plays the first note then cuts off

  • edited May 18

    @skiphunt said:
    I was all set to pull the trigger on this... mostly because it's the Brameister. But... as I scroll through this thread and read all the confusion, coding stuff, issues with illegal AU access that might get shut down, confusion with how to load a script, videos on how to load a script. etc. etc.

    Getting kinda skittish.

    Thought it'd be worth it just for downloading, loading up a few of the built in factory scripts... and then simply using it without much more fuss. Is this not quite the case?

    I’m an idiot and it works great for me, so take solace in that. The included presets are plug and play so that won’t give you any problems. The stuff with loading the other presets is just because this is new and people aren’t totally sure what the best practices are for sharing. Again: I’m dumb and can use this. You can too.

  • wimwim
    edited May 18

    @iamspoon said:

    @rrc2soft said:

    @iamspoon said:
    I’m not a keen coder but this looks great!
    Anyone know if I could create something like the SB Factory “morph” slider sending out multiple MIDI CC values?

    You could use Mozaic XY Pad and/or knobs to send CC values depending on the XY/knob value. Mozaic creates events whenever the value of the GUI elements are changed.

    Give me an example of what you want and I will try to code the skeleton for you

    Very kind of you to offer so before you reconsider here’s the kind of thing I was thinking of :smile:

    1

    A bank of ~8 midi cc controls linked to/controlled by a master dial/cross fader on the UI?

    To elaborate a bit, I’m aiming to have 1 master midi controller (say mod wheel or a dial) that effects all the other midi cc knobs on the interface, preferably with variable/bipolar range.
    Clumsy description, but in essence something like the Yamaha super knob(!?!?) idea where one controller effects multiple CC’s by different amounts in different directions..

    2

    Similar but possibly more complex to code with storing and morphing values ?!?
    Something with functionality like the “morph” fader in SB Factory, but with user definable midi CC to bring this kind of morphing to some ageing external synths.

    I’d be happy to help if this kind of thing is possible!

    This or something like it sounds doable and fun, The XY pad would be perfect for the “super knob” and pads for storing presets to morph between.

    • Tweak knobs
    • Hit pad 1 to store a snapshot
    • Tweak knobs
    • Hit another pad to store a snapshot
    • Morph between settings in pad 1-4 using the quadrants of the XY Pad
    • Maybe add a scaling knob, a randomization factor knob ...

    I might have to take a stab at that one. Too many ideas competing in my brain right now!

  • @rrc2soft said:
    Here is the first script I finished during the Beta. It is an automatic strummer: Input four notes, select a strumming pattern using the knobs (from the first knob onwards), and Mozaic will strum those four notes for you.
    Note that this script provides support for up to four patches within the script, which are selected using the pads (and accessible with an AU parameter)

    Mozaic Project File
    https://dropbox.com/s/npsawsoxdw1bk2x/Strummer.mozaic?dl=0

    Source code @ Github
    https://gist.githubusercontent.com/rrc2soft/8f6f8d155af242a83eb2f2d7f1e29832/raw/1477ae97b37c34724e4beb123ed56f34b9bd720f/Strummer

    Also, as some of you are having problems importing and using user-created scripts, I have created a video that explains the whole process:

    https://youtu.be/hMUvJ9H_eYk

    Well I was just trying to figure out a way to do this the other day so I guess I have to buy this baby now.

  • edited May 18

    This or something like it sounds doable and fun, The XY pad would be perfect for the “super knob” and pads for storing presets to morph between.

    • Tweak knobs
    • Hit pad 1 to store a snapshot
    • Tweak knobs
    • Hit another pad to store a snapshot
    • Morph between settings in pad 1-4 using the quadrants of the XY Pad
    • Maybe add a scaling knob, a randomization factor knob ...

    I might have to take a stab at that one. Too many ideas competing in my brain right now!

    @wim that sounds excellent.
    I’ve had some really cool results in the past with a pretty simple thing I constructed in a VST host on desktop in which a single dial turned down the filter cutoff and modulation depth on a synth while simultaneously increasing the effects amount and some other random CC I forget.
    I don’t have Mosaic (yet) but it would be cool if we could make this and other things in collaboration = )

  • edited May 18

    (Super knob from Yamaha montage! I didn’t just imagine it thankfully)

  • My $.02 to the mods...

    I think we will, sooner than later, want a Mosaic subforum otherwise various discussions and tangents are going to swamp this place...

Sign In or Register to comment.