Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which albums do you enjoy listening to front to back?

Comments

• Congos - Heart of The Congo’s

No brainer because it’s the best album of all time...

Cuninglinguists - A piece of strange and loads more...

• edited February 2019

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
    Manfred Mann’s Earthband - Solar Fire
    Strawbs - Hero and Heroine
    Alan Parsons Project - Tales Of Mystery And Imagination
    Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon
    Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?
    Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
    Dire Straits - Dire Straits
    Frank Zappa - Roxy & Elsewhere
    Peter Frampton - Comes Alive!
    Camel - Mirage
    Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic

And so many other good music... 👍

• edited February 2019

So much to choose from.. this is just a small selection..

• @Max23 said:

syd barrett - The Madcap Laughs

Hardcore!

• the velvet underground & Nico -"banana album"
    Iggy pop - lust for life
    suicide - suicide
    L.S.G. - Rendezvous in Outer Space
    Pete Namlook & various artists - ambient cookbook 2
    Aphex twin - selected ambient works vol 2
    the residents - demons dance alone (and or) cube e
    Edward ka-spel - down in the city of heartbreak & needles
    JMJ - equinoxe
    the cure - disintegration
    joy division - closer
    TV personalities - ... and dont the kids just love it

Psychocandy
    No Pussyfooting (first side)
    In Rainbows
    Dub Housing
    Adventure
    Wooden Nickel
    Phases
    Power, Corruption and Lies

• edited February 2019

The Orb - Cow
    The Orb - U.F.Orb (and most of their stuff)
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (it just works as a complete thing)
    The Fall - Fall Heads Roll
    Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - all of them
    Cocteau Twins - Blue Bell Knoll
    Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas
    ELO - Out Of The Blue
    FSOL - Environments (all of them)
    Amorphous_Androgynous -The Isness and the Otherness
    Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail
    Ant Phillips - Wise After The Event
    Gong - Camembert Electrique/You/Angels Egg
    Hillage - Rainbow Dome Musick
    Daevid Allen - Now Is The Happies Time Of Your Life
    Hawkwind - Space Ritual etc.
    Beefheart, Can, Zappa, Nurse With Wound...etc. etc.

I started this list thinking I only listened to a few tracks of each, but realised as I was doing it that I don't. As my listening coincides with working, I tend to put something on and leave it, so pretty much all albums are listened to as full journeys.

So, everything really...

• edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
    Rick Wakeman - Journey to the Centre of the Earth
    IQ - Subterranea
    Spocks Beard - Snow
    Neal Morse Band - The Similitude of a Dream
    Magenta - Home

• Walker Soundtrack—Joe Strummer. Crazy crazy movie to boot (Alex Cox)

• Have not regularly listened to any albums for a long while now, save for a first few listens when buying something new...

From days of old, and if I were to put any of them on now I would go from end to end

Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly Lives
    Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin and Houses of the Holy
    Dr Feelgood - Singles
    Hawkwind - ANY
    Bob Calvert - Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters
    Jeff Wayne - War of the Worlds
    Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
    AC-DC - Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
    Adam and the Antz - Dirk wears white sox
    Japan - Obscure Alternatives
    Human League - Dare
    Portishead - Dummy
    Massive Attack - Mezzanine
    Dreadzone - Second Light
    Morcheeba - Big Calm
    Gorillaz - Gorillaz

I'm sure that there's many more..just can't think of them atm...

• @AndyPlankton said:

From days of old, and if I were to put any of them on now I would go from end to end

"Automatic Gun", one of the best Side 1 Track 1's EVER!! 👍✌️

• My taste in music is really all over the place...

Sasha and Digweed - Northern Exposure (East Coast)
    DJ Shadow - Endtroducimg
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
    Dr. Octagon - Octagonacologyst
    My Life With the Thrill Kill Kurlt- 13 Above the Night
    Mr. Bungle - California
    Quantum Spectrum
    Massive Attack - Blue Lines and Mezzanine
    Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space

• @apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

This track was a massive surprise when I first heard it...considering I came to Alternatives from Tin Drum and Polaroids.....I mean...rock guitars and vocals :open_mouth: and to follow it with ....Rhodesia. it was this moment that cemented Japan as one of my all time fav's !
    In fact, I'm putting it on right now B)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

This track was a massive surprise when I first heard it...considering I came to Alternatives from Tin Drum and Polaroids.....I mean...rock guitars and vocals :open_mouth: and to follow it with ....Rhodesia. it was this moment that cemented Japan as one of my all time fav's !

I know!! Similar path for me, i went from "Quiet Life" and "Tin Drum" to "Assemblage". When the needle hit on "Adolescent Sex"... what is THIS!!! Fantastic band, one of my all time favourites too.

I stuck "Obscure Alternatives" on whilst making lunch, man was i hollering along!! Just goes to show, the sometimes constant quest for newness, new sounds, new gear, new apps... there's so much pleasure left in what we've got already and we've had for years and years...

• Nasmak - 4our Clicks
    Pavement - Terror Twilight
    Tom Waits - Rain Dogs and Swordfishtrombones
    Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets and Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy
    Hendrix - almost all Axis Bold as Love and almost all Electricladyland
    Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
    Hole - Live Through This
    PJ Harvey - Dry and Rid of Me
    Joanna Newsom - The Milk Eyed Mender
    REM - New Adventures in HiFi and Automatic for the People
    Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
    Talking Head '77 and More Songs About Buildings and Food
    Radiohead OK Computer and almost Kid A
    Spirit - 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
    Elvis Costello - Armed Forces
    Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
    Smiths - The Queen is Dead

plus too many others to remember in a short amount of time... :)

• @apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I know!! Similar path for me, i went from "Quiet Life" and "Tin Drum" to "Assemblage". When the needle hit on "Adolescent Sex"... what is THIS!!! Fantastic band, one of my all time favourites too.

I stuck "Obscure Alternatives" on whilst making lunch, man was i hollering along!! Just goes to show, the sometimes constant quest for newness, new sounds, new gear, new apps... there's so much pleasure left in what we've got already and we've had for years and years...

I'm up to Suburban Berlin now .. can't holler as sat in the office with headphones on..but I want too LOL

It is always a close call between Alternatives and Adolescent Sex, both are excellent albums..and yes what a Band...I often wonder what they would be doing today had they stayed together...the solo stuff since just hasn't been of the same calibre to me.

I embroidered the cover of Adolescent Sex onto the back of a jacket back in the '80's and wore it with pride :)

• @ageis said:
    My taste in music is really all over the place...

Sasha and Digweed - Northern Exposure (East Coast)
    DJ Shadow - Endtroducimg
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
    Dr. Octagon - Octagonacologyst
    My Life With the Thrill Kill Kurlt- 13 Above the Night
    Mr. Bungle - California
    Quantum Spectrum
    Massive Attack - Blue Lines and Mezzanine
    Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space

Good call on the Spiritualized!

• edited February 2019

Radiohead - in Rainbows*
    Glorious Din - Leading Stolen Horses
    Prince - Sign of the Time
    Prince - 1999

Galaxie 500 - On Fire somehow this band is underrated to me

Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

Arthur Russel - Calling out Context

different genres of music - give me inspiration

• Supertramp, Crime of the Century
    Adele, 21

• @AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I'm up to Suburban Berlin now .. can't holler as sat in the office with headphones on..but I want too LOL

It is always a close call between Alternatives and Adolescent Sex, both are excellent albums..and yes what a Band...I often wonder what they would be doing today had they stayed together...the solo stuff since just hasn't been of the same calibre to me.

I embroidered the cover of Adolescent Sex onto the back of a jacket back in the '80's and wore it with pride :)

I'm sure you have, but have you heard "Rain Tree Crow"? It's them all back together (minus Rob Dean...), 1989/90 i think... some nice moments on it and well worth checking out if you haven't.

Doesn't matter where you are, don't fight the feeling...✌️

• @apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I'm sure you have, but have you heard "Rain Tree Crow"? It's them all back together (minus Rob Dean...), 1989/90 i think... some nice moments on it and well worth checking out if you haven't.

Yes have heard RTC...like you say some nice moments but not quite the same vibe about it as with Japan...I wonder if that's partly why Sylvian didn't want to release it as Japan when all the others were happy to ?
    I also read that Sylvian denounced the first two albums we both love so much...said they were too young, and that Adolescent Sex in particular shouldn't have been released :|

• edited February 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@apapdop said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yes have heard RTC...like you say some nice moments but not quite the same vibe about it as with Japan...I wonder if that's partly why Sylvian didn't want to release it as Japan when all the others were happy to ?
    I also read that Sylvian denounced the first two albums we both love so much...said they were too young, and that Adolescent Sex in particular shouldn't have been released :|

He's a funny one that David Sylvian... gotta start from somewhere. 😳

• I see my interests coincide with many here. Many of the albums mentioned are often on my playlist too.
    Recently I picked up Steve Wilson’s remix of Yes - Close to the Edge. So that has been on replay for me, comparing different versions ....

• Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures, and Closer
    Public Image Ltd - Metal Box
    Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
    Stooges - Raw Power and Funhouse
    The Velvet Underground and Nico
    The Germs - GI
    The Clash - first album (original UK and subsequent US release)
    The Sex Pistols- NMtB
    Sonic Youth - Sister
    Gang of Four - Entertainment

And lots more, definitely skewed towards the music of my youth - early punk rock and post-punk.

• edited February 2019

@Max23 said:

@pauly said:

the velvet underground & Nico -"banana album"
    Iggy pop - lust for life
    suicide - suicide
    L.S.G. - Rendezvous in Outer Space
    Pete Namlook & various artists - ambient cookbook 2
    Aphex twin - selected ambient works vol 2
    the residents - demons dance alone (and or) cube e
    Edward ka-spel - down in the city of heartbreak & needles
    JMJ - equinoxe
    the cure - disintegration
    joy division - closer
    TV personalities - ... and dont the kids just love it

Psychocandy
    No Pussyfooting (first side)
    In Rainbows
    Dub Housing
    Adventure
    Wooden Nickel
    Phases
    Power, Corruption and Lies

how could I forget Jesus and Mary chain - psychocandy? shame on me :)

Im unsure what the rest of the albums are. you need to tell me the artists name ^^

Those were good answers.
    If you haven’t heard no pussyfooting then go ahead and do yourself a favour. At least put some headphones on for track two. :)

Ill add a couple
    Ashra Temple new age of earth
    Peter Gabriel us
    Edgar Froese ages
    Haim days are gone
    Aimee Mann mental illness
    John Martyn solid air
    Neil Young comes a time
    Talking Heads fear of music
    Windy & Carl consciousness
    Animals on Wheels nuvoli i cadira

• We should have a party :)

• @Redo1 said:
    We should have a party :)

Tonight's party in the Plankton household (well, me, a beer, and a pair of headphones with a lead long enough for me to not pull the ipad off the table when stood up) will be powered by the Stay Still if you can thread :)
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/30992/stay-still-if-you-can

• Talk Talk - First 3 albums and Asides Bsides,
    The The - All of them including Solo release
    JMJ - Oxygene
    Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychcandy, Darklands
    Human League - Early Albums
    Peter Gabriel - All albums upto including So

• Forgot Lloyd Cole and the Commotions
    And numerous Classical Pieces.

• edited February 2019

@Redo1 said:

Ill add a couple
    Ashra Temple new age of earth

Do you have ‘The Private Tapes’ CDs? I’ve listened to them hundreds of times. My fav from Manuel Gottsching along with Correlations and Blackouts.