Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which albums do you enjoy listening to front to back?

Comments

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

Barrett yeah, Fall yeah (in a bit of a Fall phase at the moment), Rock Bottom - been listening to that loads too.

I can't seem to get past Rock Bottom with Robert Wyatt. Nothing else sticks in my head or excites me the way that records does.

Magical album, sounds like nothing else. I read his biography last year, fascinating read. Love all his stuff, but that’s his best IMO. I was trying to explain to Mrs Monzo last night why artists such as Mark E Smith, Daevid Allen, Viv Stanshall, Robert Wyatt, Beefheart, Zappa, Stephen Stapleton etc. fascinate me so much. I think that album sums it up - it’s pure creativity without compromise. When I hear them, or read about how they work it inspires me to make something myself.

Have you heard Kevin Ayers Whatevershebringswesing? That’s worth a listen:

OOh, must seek out the biography. I did read an article where he was talking about the period around this album but that was long ago and I have no idea where I read it. But yeah, the whole thing. In fact, I would I say I can't not listen to the whole album.

Shleep is nice, as Pichi said - a similar feel to Rock Bottom.

The book's really good. He's had such a colourful life, that it's an enjoyable read even for non Wyatt fans.

Excellent, will put that on my reading list. Have started reading All Gates Open: The Story of Can, but struggling to keep reading so far.

Ah ok...that one's on my list, be interested to hear what you think of it. I think you'l like the Robert Wyatt book, one of those you don't want to finish.

I read England's Hidden Reverse over Xmas. I bought it for the Nurse With Wound stuff, but it's also about Coil and Current 93 if you like any of that. Good book, bit hairy in places though.

• @richardyot said:
    Loveless wins the prize for consistent artistic statement. Not sure if the songs themselves really stand out on their own (with the exception of Soon), but as an album it's cohesive and makes sense, as opposed to a disparate collection of excellent songs.

Agree. After listening to it regularly for more than a quarter century, I finally feel like I have an actual answer to "What's your favorite record?"

I never listened to the reunion album (MBV), I should try and track it down.

It's really great. Most of the songs are from the post-loveless session with new overdubs. Wikipedia has a pretty good breakdown of old vs new parts. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M_b_v_(album)

It's on YouTube but it does feel like a bit of sin.

• @dougdi said:
    Violator - Depeche Mode

Nice one. Pretty much a perfect record from start to finish for me. Especially when heard via a good pair of headphones. So many bits of sonic magic going on from Alan and Flood that are hard to hear otherwise.

• Television - Marquee Moon

• edited February 2019

So many, but a quick list...

Aesop rock - that impossible kid
    Aesop rock - none shall pass
    Malibu ken - Malibu ken

Martin nonstatic - ligand
    Martin nonstatic - granite
    Martin nonstatic - inner landscapes
    phasin - init 1
    polarity - ambient and chill tapes
    fingers in the noise - black ep
    Vauge contrast - back and forth
    ambientium - fall
    Clark- empty the bones of you
    connect.ohm - 9980

Pink Floyd- dark side of the moon
    Beck - odelay
    bon iver - 22 a million
    Granson- a modern tragedy

Elusive- cosmic web
    flying lotus - you're dead

• @pichi said:

@Redo1 said:

Ill add a couple
    Ashra Temple new age of earth

Do you have ‘The Private Tapes’ CDs? I’ve listened to them hundreds of times. My fav from Manuel Gottsching along with Correlations and Blackouts.

Yes yes yes yes. I came in here to say E2-E4. Track 4 on New Age of Earth (the long one) is the pinnacle of analog synth music to me. Gives me chills every single time. Eloquentes Wiesel from the Private Tapes (even longer, approaching 30 mins I think is another super favorite.

• @syrupcore said:
    Television - Marquee Moon

Absolutely - I forgot that one. Saw them play most of it in Birmingham.

• Last year’s selection of front-to-back albums for me:

Oneohtrix Point Never’s Age Of seemed like a fantastical sequenced album. Also I can’t not listen to the whole of Daphne and Celeste Save The World because every song is just so perfect. Finally, SOPHIE’s Oil Of Every Person’s Un-Insides seems like a complete journey from start to finish - can find it in me to break the sequence up.

• @oat_phipps said:

@pichi said:

@Redo1 said:

Ill add a couple

Do you have ‘The Private Tapes’ CDs? I’ve listened to them hundreds of times. My fav from Manuel Gottsching along with Correlations and Blackouts.

Yes yes yes yes. I came in here to say E2-E4. Track 4 on New Age of Earth (the long one) is the pinnacle of analog synth music to me. Gives me chills every single time. Eloquentes Wiesel from the Private Tapes (even longer, approaching 30 mins I think is another super favorite.

All time favorite artist for me and a big influence on my approach to guitar.

• The first Rise Robots Rise album - it’s the one with the white cover & three primitive graphic figures in black and white w/ red in the band name logo. I bought this one on a whim - unheard & unknown - and I absolutely revere this collection of fantastic songs!

• @pichi said:

@oat_phipps said:

@pichi said:

@Redo1 said:

Ill add a couple

All time favorite artist for me and a big influence on my approach to guitar.

Same, his phrasing at times is so playful and fun when he'll have a 5-note riff and then just play around with the timing and note order.

• Sheep on Drugs - Greatest Hits

• @pauly said:

The Velvet Underground - Live 1969

the ultimate summer afternoon barbecue album.

Talking Heads - Remain in Light

+1 but I also like "More Songs ..." I particularly like the way the last four songs on the first side build up to 'Found a Job'.

oh and Nimbin FM Radio Handpicked and Homegrown double vinyl edition...beacause Im on it 😀

It's not on Soulseek. What's on it?

INFO: for those not in the Asia Pacific region Nimbin is a country town in NSW Australia known for a hippy festival in the 70s and subsequent agricultural production.

Homegrown is a series of releases featuring local musicians which is auspiced and promoted by Nimbin FM radio. To qualify, the artists should be local to the village of Nimbin and its surrounding hills ; and be a recent composition.
    I am not sure which streaming services it is released on, but it is sent to community radio organisations around the world.

• All Albums from:
    Bob Marley
    Gregory Issacs
    Dennis Brown
    Yellowman
    The Selectot
    The Specials
    The Beat
    Bad Manners
    Dean Martin
    ELO
    Hed Kandi
    Supertramp
    Cats Stevens
    Madness
    My tracks... :D
    Anything from Jamacia...

• REM - Automatic For The People
    Teenage Fanclub - Bandwagonesque
    Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
    Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
    The Pixies - Any album up to and including Trompe Le Monde
    Pink Floyd - Anything before the 80’s

• @studs1966 said:
    All Albums from:
    Bob Marley
    Gregory Issacs
    Dennis Brown
    Yellowman
    The Selectot
    The Specials
    The Beat
    Bad Manners
    Dean Martin
    ELO
    Hed Kandi
    Supertramp
    Cats Stevens
    Madness
    My tracks... :D
    Anything from Jamacia...

Irie.
    I am gonna add the Skatelites.

• @DefRobot said:
    REM - Automatic For The People
    Teenage Fanclub - Bandwagonesque
    Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
    Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
    The Pixies - Any album up to and including Trompe Le Monde
    Pink Floyd - Anything before the 80’s

I like ‘em all.
    Good list.

• U2 – Joshua Tree

Even though my friend told me it was about death and and tenuous necromancy. Which makes sense because it is haunting.

Anybody for
    Don Henley — Building the Perfect Beast

• Planet Gong - Floating Anarchy
    Tubeway Army - Tubeway Army
    New York Gong - About Time
    Magazine - Real Life
    Stranglers - The Raven
    Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth
    Scientist - Scientist Rids the World of the Evil Curse of the Vampire
    The Doors - LA Women
    The Human League - Travelogue
    Culture Shock - Go Wild
    Hawklords - 25 Years On
    Marianne Faithfull - Broken English
    X Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents
    T. Rex - Electric Warrior
    Ultravox - Systems of Romance

Sure there's plenty more.

• edited February 2019

Far too many to list.....but a few off the top of my head anyways......

Frank Zappa - Lumpy Gravy/Uncle Meat/200 Motels/Joe's Garage/The Yellow Shark
    The Viola Crayola - Music:Breathing Of Statues
    King Crimson - Larks Tongues In Aspic / Starless & Bible Black / Red
    Soft Machine - The Peel Sessions
    Robert Wyatt - Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard
    Matching Mole - Little Red Record
    Here & Now - Give & Take
    Lee Perry - Open The Gate/Larks From The Ark
    Yabby You - Jesus Dread
    Hawkwind - 1st LP up until the 90's
    David Axelrod - Pride
    Bill Fay - From The Bottom Of An Old Grandfather Clock
    Sun Ra - pretty much any & all of them
    Edgar Froese - Epsylon In Malaysian Pale
    Ween - The Mollusk/White Pepper/Quebec
    Pole - 1, 2 & 3
    Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks
    Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works
    Brian Eno - Another Green World
    The Gasman - The Grand Electric Palace Of Variety/This One's For You/Superlife
    Roxy Music - Avalon
    Panda Bear - Person Pitch - Rifts
    Klaus Schulze - Blackdance
    Chad VanGaalen - Diaper Island
    Unknown Mortal Orchestra - II
    Oneohtrix Point Never - Rifts
    Vladislav Delay - most of them
    Miles Davis - In a Silent Way / Jack Johnson / Big Fun
    John Coltrane - Afro Blue Impressions
    John Cale & Terry Riley - Church Of Anthrax
    Two Niles to Sing a Melody: The Violins & Synths of Sudan
    The 'Ethiopiques' series
    Sweet As Broken Dates: Lost Somali Tapes from the Horn Of Africa

i'll stop before it gets too boring :D

• Zap Mamma – Seven
    Diggable Planets – Blow out Comb
    Guided by Voices – Isolation Drills
    The Miseducation of – Lauryn Hill
    Super Fly– Curtis Mayfield
    Joseph Arthur – Come to where I'm from
    Bad Religion – Stranger than Fiction
    Morcheeba – Big Calm
    Flaming Lips – Yoshmi Battles the Pink Robots
    Blue Oyster Cult – Imaginos
    Catherine Wheel – Ferment

I'll stop now

• edited February 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2019
  • edited February 2019

dup

• @Jocphone said:

@Max23 said:
    I can't believe Im the only one who likes Placebo.

You're not.

But then this thread was supposed to be albums you enjoy listening to start to finish.

• edited February 2019
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Lurcher said:
    Planet Gong - Floating Anarchy
    New York Gong - About Time

Lovely bit of Daevid there. Me and my mates used to play that one incessantly, when we were driving around in our hippy bus to festivals...ooooh...long time ago. Good driving music.

Was lucky to see Here & Now play the whole Floating Anarchy set a few years back - no Daevid unfortunately, but bloody good.