PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Which albums do you enjoy listening to front to back?

edited February 1 in Off-topic

This can pertain to any genre. What albums do you consider so good that you can't help listen to them front to back? (I.E. albums where you don't skip any tracks.)

Here are my personal picks...

-Justice - †
-Justice - Horsepower
-Sash - S4! Sash!
-Michael Jackson - Thriller
-Brian Eno - Music for Airports
-Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon (okay, it's one track only, but it is so good!)
-BT - This Binary Universe
-Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion
-Paul Van Dyk - Out There and Back
-Paul Van Dyk - Reflections
-Don Diablo - Future
-Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
-Giorgio Moroder - Déjà Vu
-Skrillex - Recess (his first truly creative sonic endeavor since Nice Sprites and hasn't been able to match it since, especially that bizarre "Doompy Poomp" track)

I'd add Brian Eno's "Reflections" on here, but it's a neverending album, so no real front to back, so it gets an honourary mention. :lol: I'd have also added Jean-Michel Jarre's "Waiting for Cousteau", because the titular track is a massive ambient masterpiece, but the Calypso tracks that precede the titular track are pretty blasé.

So, what are your "must listen front to back" albums? :)

«1345678

Comments

  • Public Enemy - Fear of a black planet.

  • Ooh, I forgot Digital Underground - Sex Packets (the cassette version, not the trimmed down digital release).

  • DJ Shadow - Entroducing.

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    This can pertain to any genre. What albums do you consider so good that you can't help listen to them front to back? (I.E. albums where you don't skip any tracks.)

    Here are my personal picks...

    -Justice - †
    -Justice - Horsepower
    -Sash - S4! Sash!
    -Michael Jackson - Thriller
    -Brian Eno - Music for Airports
    -Brian Eno - Thursday Afternoon (okay, it's one track only, but it is so good!)
    -BT - This Binary Universe
    -Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion
    -Paul Van Dyk - Out There and Back
    -Paul Van Dyk - Reflections
    -Don Diablo - Future
    -Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
    -Giorgio Moroder - Déjà Vu
    -Skrillex - Recess (his first truly creative sonic endeavor since Nice Sprites and hasn't been able to match it since, especially that bizarre "Doompy Poomp" track)

    I'd add Brian Eno's "Reflections" on here, but it's a neverending album, so no real front to back, so it gets an honourary mention. :lol: I'd have also added Jean-Michel Jarre's "Waiting for Cousteau", because the titular track is a massive ambient masterpiece, but the Calypso tracks that precede the titular track are pretty blasé.

    So, what are your "must listen front to back" albums? :)

    I tried listening to Out There and Back by PVD a few months ago (listened to that album a lot early 2000s) but I found it sounded very dated now.

  • @Halftone said:
    I tried listening to Out There and Back by PVD a few months ago (listened to that album a lot early 2000s) but I found it sounded very dated now.

    You mean "vintage". ;) LOL! Yeah, it's very older fashioned by now. I'll give the DJ Shadow album a shot as well as good ol' Public Enemy. Lots of great choices to help expand my musical palette.

  • Ziggy Stardust. Rare album where the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts (and it’s parts are incredible). Hot take, I know 😊

    Love it to Death by Alice Cooper. Most under appreciated rock album of all time.

    Berlin by Lou Reed. Will utterly destroy you. Caution advised.

  • Spirit Architect - Anthology
    Prahlad - Movement of Consciousness
    Electric Universe - Silence in Action
    Radioactive Sandwich - Mirage
    Argaman - Living in Bubble
    RMB - Widescreen
    Deadmau5 - Where is the drop
    Jon Hopkins - Singularity
    AWeX - It's our future
    Members of Mayday - Members Only

  • At moment it is Haley Heynderickx - I need to start a garden

  • edited February 2

    @legsmechanical said:
    Ziggy Stardust. Rare album where the whole is far greater than the sum of its parts (and it’s parts are incredible). Hot take, I know 😊

    Love it to Death by Alice Cooper. Most under appreciated rock album of all time.

    Berlin by Lou Reed. Will utterly destroy you. Caution advised.

    :)
    Id add
    the velvet underground & Nico -"banana album"
    Iggy pop - lust for life
    suicide - suicide
    L.S.G. - Rendezvous in Outer Space
    Pete Namlook & various artists - ambient cookbook 2
    Aphex twin - selected ambient works vol 2
    the residents - demons dance alone (and or) cube e
    Edward ka-spel - down in the city of heartbreak & needles
    JMJ - equinoxe
    the cure - disintegration
    syd barrett - The Madcap Laughs
    joy division - closer
    TV personalities - ... and dont the kids just love it
    siouxsie and the banshees - through the looking glas
    placebo - without you i'm nothing
    William orbit - pieces in a modern style 1 & 2
    einstürzende neubauten - alles wieder offen (if you are not a native german speaker you wont get what he says)
    KING TUBBY'S SPECIAL
    de la soul - 3 feet high and rising
    johnny thunders - hurt me

  • Here Come The Warm Jets Brian Eno
    Berlin Street Hassle Lou Reed
    Hunky Dory David Bowie
    Funhouse The Stooges
    Fire Of Love Gun Club
    Roxy Music Roxy Music
    The Idiot Iggy Pop
    Marquee Moon Television
    Pour Down Like Silver Richard and Linda Thompson
    Death Letter Son House
    Time (The Relevator) Gillian Welch
    The Velvet Underground and Nico
    The Red-Headed Stranger Willie Nelson
    Gas Food and Lodging Green On Red
    Days of Wine and Roses Dream Syndicate
    Live At The Matrix Velvet Underground

  • FSOL - Lifeforms

  • Sphongle - Are You Sphongled and Nothing Lasts

  • Dark Side Of The Moon ... I can’t remember the band.

  • @jolico said:
    FSOL - Lifeforms

    the live via isdn radio shows were amazing

  • Pink Floyd - Animals
    GusGus - Polydistortion
    Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
    The Cure - Disintegration & Seventeen Seconds
    Trentemoeller - The Trentemöller Chronicles
    Counting Crows - August and Everything After

    There are more - but these i would take to an island with me.

  • I don't have one. Not any more. Depressing.

  • @MrBlaschke said:
    Pink Floyd - Animals
    GusGus - Polydistortion
    Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
    The Cure - Disintegration & Seventeen Seconds
    Trentemoeller - The Trentemöller Chronicles
    Counting Crows - August and Everything After

    There are more - but these i would take to an island with me.

    All very good choices and in my personal cd collection except the last one you named which I can't even mention because of my overall disdain for said band...😁 Are you sure about that one? Surely you're mistaken.

  • @Max23 said:

    @jolico said:
    FSOL - Lifeforms

    the live via isdn radio shows were amazing

    Love Lifeforms, ISDN and especially the Cascade single/remixes. All of these certainly fit the thread for me.

  • edited February 1

    Counting Crows – August and Everything After
    Mike Oldfield – Tubular Bells
    Sting – Dream of the Blue Turtles
    Elvis Costello – Spike
    Queensryche – Operation Mindcrime
    Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run
    Peter Gabriel – So
    Jeff Buckley – Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk
    Queens of the Stone Age – Songs for the Deaf
    Faith No More – The Real Thing
    Art Of Noise – The Seduction Of Claude Debussy
    Radiohead — any

  • edited February 1

    @Halftone said:
    All very good choices and in my personal cd collection except the last one you named which I can't even mention because of my overall disdain for said band...😁 Are you sure about that one? Surely you're mistaken.

    I agree that they might not fit in the collection but man - i love that band. I saw them life and had VIP tickets. It was awesome. I have all their albums. Songwriting is marvelous. I am sorry to destroy you with this ;)

    But i also love some older works from "Einstürzende Neubauten" so there are some extensions to both ends of that scale :)

  • None: Too much music everywhere I go . Every Starbucks , every coffee shop, restaurant, every store . I’d love to get some silence back to back but it almost never happens. Disclaimer : I’m over 60 and I’ve heard it all twice . I love this forum and iOS though and spend way more time here than I do on Spotify . I love music but I feel as if I’ve internalized it at this point . I lived through the very exciting times where most of what you’re hearing today was created . I was there.. Hendrix etc. I saw it all.

  • edited February 1

    So many choices for so many moods... here's 10 in no particular order...

    "Hard Normal Daddy"-Squarepusher
    "Blue Lines"-Massive Attack
    "Untrue"-Burial
    "Drum And Bass For Papa"-Plug (aka Luke Vibert)
    "Electric Ladyland"-Jimi Hendrix
    "China"-Vangelis
    "Insides"-Orbital
    "High Time"-MC5
    "Auto Immune"-Meat Beat Manifesto
    "Tago Mago"-Can
    "Computer World"-Kraftwerk
    "Tin Drum"-Japan

    (Ok, that's 12!)

  • Art of Noise - In Visible Silence
    Yello - One Second
    Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails
    Rueben Wilson - Blue Break Beats
    LFO - Advance
    Leftfield - Leftism
    The Orb - U.F.Orb
    Jefferson Airplane - Crown of Creation
    Pink Floid - More

  • Talking Heads / ’77
    Young Marble Giants / Colossal Youth
    10cc / The Original Soundtrack

  • @Identor said:
    Art of Noise - In Visible Silence

    I, also

  • edited February 1

    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
    Estradasphere - Buck Fever
    Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Grand Opening and Closing
    Secret Chiefs 3 - Book M
    Daft Punk - Tron Legacy soundtrack
    I Speak Machine -Zombies 1985
    Frank Zappa - Apostrophe
    Ween - Pure Guava

  • Download - III
    Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
    Enigma - MC!VVwhatever

  • edited February 1
    • Scott Walker - Scott 4 (1969)
    • Arthur Verocai - self-titled (1972)
    • Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution (1978)
    • Boards of Canada - Music has the right to children (1998)

    (I'll continue to add more as they come back to me...)

  • edited February 1

    @AudioGus said:

    @Max23 said:

    @jolico said:
    FSOL - Lifeforms

    the live via isdn radio shows were amazing

    Love Lifeforms, ISDN and especially the Cascade single/remixes. All of these certainly fit the thread for me.

    ^^ I remember sitting infront of the radio thinking what the fuck is going is going on here. :)

    there was one show on French radio that was particularly funky, I think its on Beatport now? can't find it on youtube

  • edited February 1

    There's very few albums that I like all the way through. I can think of only three and a half

    Galaxie 500: On Fire
    Radiohead: The Bends
    Motopony: Motopony
    The Beatles: Abbey Road (B-Side only)

  • encenc
    edited February 1

    street sounds electro 2

    Stephan Bodzin power of 10

    Jean Michel jarre oxygene

Sign In or Register to comment.