Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4Pockets AUv3 FX Plugins

Comments

• @oat_phipps said:

It can do subtle and fuzzy. And in between. I haven't tried the reverb, or any other 4pockets apps, but someone there knows something about distortion/overdrive/valves!

Though I enjoy FuzzPlus3, it's very limited compared to this app. The MXR distortion + ( FuzzPlus3 is emulating this) was very limited.

• @frond said:

@gusgranite said:
    What’s Vintage Vibe? Like a tremolo?

No. Tremolo is amplitude modulation.

This is supposed to be a shin-ei univibe emulation ( released under other names like resly tone, pax, etc ). The shin-ei uni-vibe was supposed to emulate the sound of a Leslie rotating speaker, and vibrato. They sound cool, but only a little like a Leslie, and not like true pitch shifting vibrato ( like a magnatone, or a boss vb-2). The uni-vibe is a 4-stage phaser, though a clever use of phasing.

I haven't purchased the 4pockets version, so I'm not sure how it compares to the uni-vibe. David Gilmour and Robin Trower used this pedal, so if you've heard any of their recordings, then you've heard a uni-vibe. It's all over dark side of the moon and bridge of sighs.

Thx!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'm really on the lookout for an AU widener, haven't found anything that can match Stereo Designer yet....doesn't look at though they have anything in this set.

Haaze

• @frond said:

@oat_phipps said:
    And if anyone can report back on the overdrive, that'd be great. One of the hardest things to do, so I'd like some feeback first.

It's the closest to hardware pedals that I've tried. Though I haven't tried all of the overdrive/distortion/tube emulations on iOS, this is the most accurate to my ears. I haven't tried it with any IR cabs yet.

Here are the starting points/presets;

These are the controls for sculpting the tone for your guitar/s and your ears;

Do we know if the overdrive ‘presets’ change the distortion algorithm, or if it’s just a single algorithm?

• @ohwell said:

@frond said:

@oat_phipps said:
    And if anyone can report back on the overdrive, that'd be great. One of the hardest things to do, so I'd like some feeback first.

It's the closest to hardware pedals that I've tried. Though I haven't tried all of the overdrive/distortion/tube emulations on iOS, this is the most accurate to my ears. I haven't tried it with any IR cabs yet.

Here are the starting points/presets;

These are the controls for sculpting the tone for your guitar/s and your ears;

Do we know if the overdrive ‘presets’ change the distortion algorithm, or if it’s just a single algorithm?

I think it’s a single algorithm but I may be wrong. With the compressor, filters and EQ there’s a lot of interesting combinations to be had either way.

• I haven't seen any videos on them so i will make one today or tomorrow on how well they work and sound. I love them lol they have been my gotos for about a month

• @ohwell said:

When a different preset is chosen, the settings change as expected, but I've been curious if there's more going on.

I'll contact and ask when I have a moment. Perhaps you will beat me to it ohwell ;-)

• @ohwell

For those curious about the auto wah, here is some info I received when asking details about the envelope follower portion/side chain;

' The AutoWah is an envelope controlled filter based on the rms value of the input signal. The envelope follower controls one of many options such as low pass filter, formant filter, tremolo or stereo panning.

Unfortunately it doesn’t allow you to side chain using another signal as the source, it uses the same source to contour the filter.

Best Regards

Paul
    www.4Pockets.com'

I didn't purchase because band pass and side chain is important for me, but I'm still curious. Envelope controlled tremolo is also interesting.

Kal group is the developer.

• @frond said:

@oat_phipps said:

It can do subtle and fuzzy. And in between. I haven't tried the reverb, or any other 4pockets apps, but someone there knows something about distortion/overdrive/valves!

Though I enjoy FuzzPlus3, it's very limited compared to this app. The MXR distortion + ( FuzzPlus3 is emulating this) was very limited.

You've earned my trust, for whatever that's worth. Took the plunge, and I'm quite happy with it, especially with some A/B comparisons to Fuzzplus, Saffron Saturator, and that crappy Ibanez emulator that was one of the first AUs to come out, I forget the name.

• @oat_phipps said:
    and that crappy Ibanez emulator that was one of the first AUs to come out, I forget the name.

happy to help oat-phipps. there are many who've helped me on this forum.

dc-9 by blamsoft? emulates the ibanez ts-9.

the hardware ts-9 and ts-808 don't sound very good on their own. they are meant to drive the input stage of a tube preamp, fuzz, korg sdd-3000 input stage, etc.

you might find dc-9 more interesting in front of another emulation, like tonestack, bias, another distortion, waveshaper, etc.

you might like the algo's in audio damage grind as well. make sure to turn everything off (wavetable shaping, gate, window, etc.) except the algo amount, and play with the input/output levels and the 10 + algo's.

• i've been in touch with a 4pockets developer at Kal Group. i had a few more questions about the autowah, and some some questions regarding their overdriveFX.

regarding the overdrive/distortion algorithms, and the presets (developer refers to them as patches);

"Yes, there are multiple algorithms to create the various patches, although some share the same algorithm. for this reason it's good to choose one of these as the basis of any modified patch since there is no way to directly select the algorithm."

"it's a complete invention on my part and just modelled by myself to give pleasant tones using many popular algorithms all brought together under one hud, not neccesarily for guitar."

clarification on types of filtering for the autowah, request for band pass, and side chain access (like the lovetone meatball and sherman filterbank - follow the envelope of a drum machine/loop while processing the guitar, bass, synth, etc), and request for a fuzz;

"The Wah preset is purely a low pass filter, although I think the PhaseWah option may well be a bandpass. As with the overdrive there are multiple algorithms at play with each preset."

"I want to expand on these effects in the future and add additional features so I'll certainly bare this in mind. None of the effects so far use sidechaining but if I was to pick one effect which would benefit it would be the Wah and obviously the compressors."

"I'm currently working on a very interesting effect which also involves morphing filters and touchpads etc... but a fuzz did cross my mind!!"

• @frond said:

@oat_phipps said:
    and that crappy Ibanez emulator that was one of the first AUs to come out, I forget the name.

happy to help oat-phipps. there are many who've helped me on this forum.

dc-9 by blamsoft? emulates the ibanez ts-9.

the hardware ts-9 and ts-808 don't sound very good on their own. they are meant to drive the input stage of a tube preamp, fuzz, korg sdd-3000 input stage, etc.

you might find dc-9 more interesting in front of another emulation, like tonestack, bias, another distortion, waveshaper, etc.

you might like the algo's in audio damage grind as well. make sure to turn everything off (wavetable shaping, gate, window, etc.) except the algo amount, and play with the input/output levels and the 10 + algo's.

I wasn't a big fan of grind at any setting or any algorithm (even with the wavetable turned off), though I did get some wild use out of it for a couple weird noise tracks.

Now that the new Klevgrand app has come out, what do you think of it? It immediately became my favorite of everything but Fabfilter Saturn, but I confess I am very partial to them. The 4pockets one was still worth the money, but the Klev with its wider range of gear models blows it away imo.

• @oat_phipps
    Now that the new Klevgrand app has come out, what do you think of it? It immediately became my favorite of everything but Fabfilter Saturn, but I confess I am very partial to them. The 4pockets one was still worth the money, but the Klev with its wider range of gear models blows it away imo.

reamp doesn't run on my ios devices, so i don't have an informed opinion. from reading the description, reamp sounds like a mix processor. seems a different use case when comparing to 4pockets overdrive auv3.

i've read some of your positive comments on the reamp thread, so i'm going to purchase and test on my child's ipad. i hope to have time to plug a guitar in over the next few days. i'll see you on the reamp thread after i've tested it :smile:

• Really nice new addition! I wish double clicking the dials reset them but minor quibble as it sounds great and has lots to play with.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/filtermorph-auv3-audio-plugin/id1446253681?mt=8

• edited December 2018

@gusgranite said:
    Really nice new addition! I wish double clicking the dials reset them but minor quibble as it sounds great and has lots to play with.

Does this one uses DAW automation or is it internal to the plugin? I use a lot apeMatrix with GarageBand to add automations life, but this AU could be an alternative.

• @Janosax said:

@gusgranite said:
    Really nice new addition! I wish double clicking the dials reset them but minor quibble as it sounds great and has lots to play with.

Does this one uses DAW automation or is it internal to the plugin? I use a lot apeMatrix with GarageBand to add automations life, but this AU could be an alternative.

It’s internal to the Plugin you can set it to move by beat steps which is quite unique.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@gusgranite said:

It’s internal to the Plugin you can set it to move by beat steps which is quite unique.

Cool I’ve to buy it now :-)

• edited December 2018

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@gusgranite said:

Just tried it it’s pretty cool some very interesting stuff can be done. So you can automate paramaters by touching some points in pads using glide knob and beat sync, but is it possible to really record your « human » real-time movement? Sugarbytes Unique allows for that with motion controller or even Figure. That misses in Filtermorph as being able to record the real pad movement could be even better. But perhaps I miss something?

• @Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@gusgranite said:

yes.. i havent fathomed everything about the automation...
    but it does cycle around all,of the points you have placed on the xy pad AND if you have ‘sync to beat’ on , it just cycles around according to how many beats you have set on those hold knobs underneath..
    conversely if you put the big HOLD switch on it does something else entirely! not figured it yet but this one more than any of 4pockets needs an effing manual :)

here is the third screen showing the tape delay parameters , that for some reason they haven’t shown in the app store..
    though i will say this delay doesn’t sound very distinct to me ,, might be a bug in it somewhere or just TOO MUCH GOING ON .
    the rest of it is great to mess with .. not deep hq fx .. but the auto morphing around makes it useful to keep something interesting over a longer time period.
    i have bought worse for the measly 4.99 it costs..

• edited December 2018

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Janosax said:

@gusgranite said:

yes.. i havent fathomed everything about the automation...
    but it does cycle around all,of the points you have placed on the xy pad AND if you have ‘sync to beat’ on , it just cycles around according to how many beats you have set on those hold knobs underneath..
    conversely if you put the big HOLD switch on it does something else entirely! not figured it yet but this one more than any of 4pockets needs an effing manual :)

here is the third screen showing the tape delay parameters , that for some reason they haven’t shown in the app store..
    though i will say this delay doesn’t sound very distinct to me ,, might be a bug in it somewhere or just TOO MUCH GOING ON .
    the rest of it is great to mess with .. not deep hq fx .. but the auto morphing around makes it useful to keep something interesting over a longer time period.
    i have bought worse for the measly 4.99 it costs..

Agree 100 %!! That thing is huge. And that’s a very interesting way to do autos for sure, including long time periods as you said. It’s nice to being able to assign any parameters to pads including mix knob. Glide knob for smooth autos is the key, as is beat sync. That LFO should have a beat sync option too. Time to do some requests to dev :) that’s a very welcome AU effect to iOS armada.

• Unfortunately rendered track sounds pretty differently from processed sound in Garageband. It’s a complex effect. Will report this to dev. But this thing sounds amazing I will use it in other hosts waiting for a fix for GB.

• Had to buy it, interesting effect..immediately inspired a new track. :)

• @Janosax said:
    Unfortunately rendered track sounds pretty differently from processed sound in Garageband. It’s a complex effect. Will report this to dev. But this thing sounds amazing I will use it in other hosts waiting for a fix for GB.

ah! haven’t checked that or freeze track in cubasis..yet
    will give it a go after tea and report here and to the dev if its kerplunked!

• edited December 2018

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:
    Unfortunately rendered track sounds pretty differently from processed sound in Garageband. It’s a complex effect. Will report this to dev. But this thing sounds amazing I will use it in other hosts waiting for a fix for GB.

I’ve reported to 4pockets dev for GarageBand issue. Check for filters sound which can cut lower or higher than processed track, and for bpm sync. Way off in GB merging/rendering.

Each time I start to like an AU I check for DAW rendering issues/accuracy before making a full track using it for nothing.

• @Janosax said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

I’ve reported to 4pockets dev for GarageBand issue. Check for filters sound which can cut lower or higher than processed track, and for bpm sync. Way off in GB merging/rendering.

Each time I start to like an AU I check for DAW rendering issues/accuracy before making a full track using it for nothing.

very wise, very wise,,
    i usually freeze an effected track early on just as a matter of course. i like to process the processed.. but in this case i am still fathoming out its parameters so hadn’t got that far..

• edited December 2018

Merge issue in GarageBand is already fixed, I’ve contacted them via Facebook. Fast!!! There is still an issue with exports so I’m still in touch with them about that, so it’s better until it’s fixed to merge track before song export. This Filtermorph with other AU fxs and ApeSoft Send Receive offers a lot to GarageBand and it’s lack of automation.

• @Janosax said:
    Merge issue in GarageBand is already fixed, I’ve contacted them via Facebook. Fast!!! There is still an issue with exports so I’m still in touch with them about that, so it’s better until it’s fixed to merge track before song export. This Filtermorph with other AU fxs and ApeSoft Send Receive offers a lot to GarageBand and it’s lack of automation.

if only Apematrix Send/receive au had the whizzbang Lfo for send amount like so many other apesoft parameters!
    imagine that.. :)

• @RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

if only Apematrix Send/receive au had the whizzbang Lfo for send amount like so many other apesoft parameters!

any road, i’ve emailed Allesandro about the possibility of that idea,
    presumably other people have already mentioned it or he’s thought of it himself..
    will report if i hear anything

• Well! one asks and one might possibly receive..
    Allesandro says he hadn’t had that thought.. but now i mentioned it he’s going to give it try to implement it for next update.
    I hereby officially open the collection of funds to commission a statue in his honour.

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

presumably other people have already mentioned it or he’s thought of it himself..

• edited December 2018

@RockySmalls said:
    Well! one asks and one might possibly receive..
    Allesandro says he hadn’t had that thought.. but now i mentioned it he’s going to give it try to implement it for next update.
    I hereby officially open the collection of funds to commission a statue in his honour.

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

Yeah that was a great idea, LFO for Send Receive plug-in!!!! Alessandro listen a lot to its users, so I’m not surprised this AU idea you sent was well received B) ( :D )