Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4Pockets AUv3 FX Plugins

4Pockets are amassing a very impressive looking arsenal of AUFX plugins. Has anyone jumped in? There’s not much info about them out there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/4pockets-com/id370131860

Comments

• They are bringing these out thick and fast. Then again most are effects they had in StompBox or Meteor. The Audioshredder is new and pretty cool though.

• That's it! I'm in. LOL. I've had their analyser plugin for a while now, and it works great. I can't resist going in on these plugins anymore, especially since they're universal.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    That's it! I'm in. LOL. I've had their analyser plugin for a while now, and it works great. I can't resist going in on these plugins anymore, especially since they're universal.

Go for it! Please report back!

• Sucker for the design.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    They are bringing these out thick and fast. Then again most are effects they had in StompBox or Meteor. The Audioshredder is new and pretty cool though.

Good news. AudioShedder is already on sale :)

• They have these grouped into a variety of nice bundles.
    AudioShredder is only $4, cheapest of the lot. Looks very cool.

• edited December 2018

I'm really on the lookout for an AU widener, haven't found anything that can match Stereo Designer yet....doesn't look at though they have anything in this set.

• been keeping an eye on these since they first arrived... i did buy the autowah as a tester.. before the bundles came out otherwise i would have chosen something else.. not so impressed with the sound qaulity of the autowah... but it may have been just a bad choice on my part..
    very very tempted by the Multi-band compressor.. one more band than klevgr’s pressit and a pound cheaper.. but based on the sound of the wah and the lack of demos anywhere i am saving it for when a real need comes up.. i’m pretty sure the klevgr’s sounds good and i like the fingery ease of the interface.. wasn’t in the sales though.. that would have klinched it...
    anybody got any real world experience with their compressors?

• the multi-tap delay seems like a newer one to me ... and interestingly has seperate modulation for each tap of the delay..

• The reverb is good for basic stuff, but not the
    far-out spacey type.

• I have several. They get the job done and I often go to them first.

• Hmmm. Looks good.

• all in bundle?

• I bought the Audio Shredder and I like it so far...

• I bought the Multi tap delay, but I’ve really got to stop buying fx apps unless I really really need them lol

• What’s Vintage Vibe? Like a tremolo?

• @gusgranite said:
    What’s Vintage Vibe? Like a tremolo?

Similar, but I think it's supposed to be more of a stereo Leslie effect.

• I strongly advise against the reverb. Of course they're probably the most difficult to do. The analyzer is solid though, so hopefully the others are better.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I'm really on the lookout for an AU widener, haven't found anything that can match Stereo Designer yet....doesn't look at though they have anything in this set.

Did you miss Haaze by Klevgrand?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/haaze-stereo-tool/id1166114782?mt=8

It can't do what the Holderness does, but for AU and selective frequency band widening, it's great (it came out after Brusfri, which for me signaled the start of the must-buy everything Klevgrand era).

• @oat_phipps said:
    I strongly advise against the reverb. Of course they're probably the most difficult to do. The analyzer is solid though, so hopefully the others are better.

I find the reverb quite useful myself. B)

• So is AudioShredder like Perforator?

And if anyone can report back on the overdrive, that'd be great. One of the hardest things to do, so I'd like some feeback first.

• @anickt said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I strongly advise against the reverb. Of course they're probably the most difficult to do. The analyzer is solid though, so hopefully the others are better.

Hey! Give me back my sunglasses! :|

• @oat_phipps said:

@anickt said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hey! Give me back my sunglasses! :|

:D

• edited December 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    So is AudioShredder like Perforator?

And if anyone can report back on the overdrive, that'd be great. One of the hardest things to do, so I'd like some feeback first.

Yes, with filter effects (modulations)

• @oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

It can't do what the Holderness does, but for AU and selective frequency band widening, it's great (it came out after Brusfri, which for me signaled the start of the must-buy everything Klevgrand era).

Thanks for the nudge. I do have Haaze and it's pretty good, just not as pretty as SD. Everyone has the girl they're waiting for to walk into the AU bar and for me it's Holderness... :P

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks for the nudge. I do have Haaze and it's pretty good, just not as pretty as SD. Everyone has the girl they're waiting for to walk into the AU bar and for me it's Holderness... :P

I've been curious, too, so I just emailed her to find out if she's ever coming back to town. I'll let you know if so so you can queue up the jukebox with sentimental classics.

• Both of them are very good : audio shredder (kind of pumphouse or perforator gate with 16 steps sequencer) and the multi tap delay where you can modulate frequency amplitude filter and pan.It’s one of the best tape delay.The others effects are classics (except the audio analyser) but it’s nice to have a full series of auv3 plugins.

• @oat_phipps said:

It's the closest to hardware pedals that I've tried. Though I haven't tried all of the overdrive/distortion/tube emulations on iOS, this is the most accurate to my ears. I haven't tried it with any IR cabs yet.

Here are the starting points/presets;

These are the controls for sculpting the tone for your guitar/s and your ears;

• edited December 2018

@gusgranite said:
    What’s Vintage Vibe? Like a tremolo?

No. Tremolo is amplitude modulation.

This is supposed to be a shin-ei univibe emulation ( released under other names like resly tone, pax, etc ). The shin-ei uni-vibe was supposed to emulate the sound of a Leslie rotating speaker, and vibrato. They sound cool, but only a little like a Leslie, and not like true pitch shifting vibrato ( like a magnatone, or a boss vb-2). The uni-vibe is a 4-stage phaser, though a clever use of phasing.

I haven't purchased the 4pockets version, so I'm not sure how it compares to the uni-vibe. David Gilmour and Robin Trower used this pedal, so if you've heard any of their recordings, then you've heard a uni-vibe. It's all over dark side of the moon and bridge of sighs.

• @frond

Thanks, I've been looking for something a little less aggressive than fuzzplus 3. This seems like it could do it. Still on the fence though, since I found the reverb to be completely unusable