Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

4Pockets AUv3 FX Plugins

13»

Comments

• @Janosax said:

@RockySmalls said:
    Well! one asks and one might possibly receive..
    Allesandro says he hadn’t had that thought.. but now i mentioned it he’s going to give it try to implement it for next update.
    I hereby officially open the collection of funds to commission a statue in his honour.

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:
    Merge issue in GarageBand is already fixed, I’ve contacted them via Facebook. Fast!!! There is still an issue with exports so I’m still in touch with them about that, so it’s better until it’s fixed to merge track before song export. This Filtermorph with other AU fxs and ApeSoft Send Receive offers a lot to GarageBand and it’s lack of automation.

if only Apematrix Send/receive au had the whizzbang Lfo for send amount like so many other apesoft parameters!
    imagine that.. :)

any road, i’ve emailed Allesandro about the possibility of that idea,
    presumably other people have already mentioned it or he’s thought of it himself..
    will report if i hear anything

Yeah that was a great idea, LFO for Send Receive plug-in!!!! Alessandro listen a lot to its users, so I’m not surprised this AU idea you sent was well received B) ( :D )

really looking forward to it.. hope it happens..

• edited December 2018

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:

@RockySmalls said:
    Well! one asks and one might possibly receive..
    Allesandro says he hadn’t had that thought.. but now i mentioned it he’s going to give it try to implement it for next update.
    I hereby officially open the collection of funds to commission a statue in his honour.

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Janosax said:
    Merge issue in GarageBand is already fixed, I’ve contacted them via Facebook. Fast!!! There is still an issue with exports so I’m still in touch with them about that, so it’s better until it’s fixed to merge track before song export. This Filtermorph with other AU fxs and ApeSoft Send Receive offers a lot to GarageBand and it’s lack of automation.

if only Apematrix Send/receive au had the whizzbang Lfo for send amount like so many other apesoft parameters!
    imagine that.. :)

any road, i’ve emailed Allesandro about the possibility of that idea,
    presumably other people have already mentioned it or he’s thought of it himself..
    will report if i hear anything

Yeah that was a great idea, LFO for Send Receive plug-in!!!! Alessandro listen a lot to its users, so I’m not surprised this AU idea you sent was well received B) ( :D )

really looking forward to it.. hope it happens..

If LFO is possible with levels, it also could be possible with panning. Should it be better on sends or receives instances? As there is slight latency in the routing between instances, having LFO on receives should helps have tight timing with the host.

About Filtermorph exports, there is often slight synced offsets on first beats. Could be possibly the same issue as Noir seq, as GarageBand seems to have difficulties to perfectly send transport start to AU sequencers like Noir or Filtermorph. Workaround is really for Filtermorph to merge track firstly and trim a little bit if needed, then export. Not such a big deal but it’s important to know it before rendering a full song. Global sync is now fixed, so we can say 4pockets team has made a nice and quick job on this, good to know before buying the whole stuff. Amazing plugin!! I wanted to test their pitch shifter AU, but 100ms is too much latency for real-time playing. VoiceRack FX is still the best IOS AU for real-time pitch shifting but they don’t support it anymore, no more updates, so it could be broken and not fixed with next year iOS update.

• I have an iPad Pro 12.9 first generation, using audio shredder in AUM on one instance of bs-16i and no other apps running, I get a loud crackle everytime the little loop light flashes. Have tried adjusting buffer settings to no avail but considering I am only running the one channel the iPad should be able to handle it. The app is basically unusable! I like the look of filter morph but I’m unsure about getting it because of this.

• edited December 2018

@girlvsworld said:
    I have an iPad Pro 12.9 first generation, using audio shredder in AUM on one instance of bs-16i and no other apps running, I get a loud crackle everytime the little loop light flashes. Have tried adjusting buffer settings to no avail but considering I am only running the one channel the iPad should be able to handle it. The app is basically unusable! I like the look of filter morph but I’m unsure about getting it because of this.

You should report them that issue via Facebook. They’re relatively new to iOS music game, so they need as other devs users feedback to improve and fix :)

• 4pockets have been around since the very beginning. Though I think they may have changed hands.

• edited December 2018

@BiancaNeve said:
    4pockets have been around since the very beginning. Though I think they may have changed hands.

Didn’t knew that, as I noticed it was on recent threads we talked about them. Isn’t their AU stuff new? Users feedbacks are still very useful for them/us :)

• edited December 2018

The AU stuff is pretty new yeah but 4pockets have been making iOS Audio Apps since at least June 2011 and before that they were making apps for pocket pc

https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/4pockets-meteor-456607

• @girlvsworld said:
    I have an iPad Pro 12.9 first generation, using audio shredder in AUM on one instance of bs-16i and no other apps running, I get a loud crackle everytime the little loop light flashes. Have tried adjusting buffer settings to no avail but considering I am only running the one channel the iPad should be able to handle it. The app is basically unusable! I like the look of filter morph but I’m unsure about getting it because of this.

I’m not having problems on my Air 1. Maybe the output of bs-16i is hot? I don’t have it so can’t check.

• @anickt said:

I’m not having problems on my Air 1. Maybe the output of bs-16i is hot? I don’t have it so can’t check.

I think that is the problem!

• edited December 2018

4pockets apps will be going on sale on Dec 22

• @gusgranite said:

aye aye, that’s great news, how did you find out?
    i could do with the multiband compressor and maybe the analyser and multitap delay..
    they seem to have a knack with the bundles to, annoyingly, always include something I don’t want .. thus negating the discount..

• @RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

• Would some Facebook user like to ask them when they are going to fix StompBox to work with AudioBus again? Thanks

• @gusgranite said:

@RockySmalls said:

@gusgranite said:

ah! the ‘FacePlace’ that I NEVER grace...

• @gusgranite said:

Are there any recommendations?
    There are some unique FX we should not miss? I’m curious! 😊

• @chandroji said:

@gusgranite said:

bit of a fail on the 4pockets sale ( poetry in action! :neutral: )
    though the bigger apps like meteor are discounted their new plugins are not.. though i think possibly the multitap delay has gone down £1.. and the bundles seem to have aprox £2 knocked off.. unfortunately most of the bundles contain the compressor, and no one here doesn’t already have several excellent compressor au’s already, making it (imo) a redundant offering..
    it’s a shame really as i’m sure a good few people would dip their toes in the 4pockets water if they had just discounted individual plug ins..
    curious manoeuvre!?

• I was disappointed too. Nothing I don’t own seems to be on sale.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I was disappointed too. Nothing I don’t own seems to be on sale.

yeah, the ‘audio creatives’ bundle seems the best value here,, I already have the filter morph (nice) and the multi tap delay looks interesting as it allows you to put the taps in series and modulate each taps pan or timing.. so i get the Shredder for 1p.. though i have Perforator which sort of made it seem redundant BUT it does have more of a range of filters per step and something that randomizes each steps parameters as its running ( as far as i can tell from the discription ) so i will get that one secret santa style!
    totally interested in multiband compressor , analyzer and the graphic eq. handily in a bundle but again with the dreaded compressor!! aaaaarrrrgggghhhh! why 2 compressors, why not the limiter or a reverb ?? v. strange..
    have these guys passed on any codes to bloggers like dj puzzle or haq or doug?
    they really could do with more demo stuff to show them in action

• @RockySmalls said:

@chandroji said:

@gusgranite said:

bit of a fail on the 4pockets sale ( poetry in action! :neutral: )
    though the bigger apps like meteor are discounted their new plugins are not.. though i think possibly the multitap delay has gone down £1.. and the bundles seem to have aprox £2 knocked off.. unfortunately most of the bundles contain the compressor, and no one here doesn’t already have several excellent compressor au’s already, making it (imo) a redundant offering..
    it’s a shame really as i’m sure a good few people would dip their toes in the 4pockets water if they had just discounted individual plug ins..
    curious manoeuvre!?

I have the impression that none of the FX are on special offer. The prices don't seem to have changed in the last days. At least in Germany.

It’s ok for me, it will prevent me to buy anything just because it’s on sale. I have already some pretty nice FX in my toolbox but not a single one from 4pockets... 😎

• @chandroji said:

I have the impression that none of the FX are on special offer. The prices don't seem to have changed in the last days. At least in Germany.

That's the way it looks in Sweden too?!

The only effect I'm oogling on at the moment is Turnado since it's also on sale but the question is do I like really need it?

It’s ok for me, it will prevent me to buy anything just because it’s on sale. I have already some pretty nice FX in my toolbox but not a single one from 4pockets... 😎

I bought a few of the 4pockets before but they have since then 're-arranged' the bundles where the same app is available multiple bundles making it impossible to use the 'complete my bundle' feature.

But it does feel like I'll pass on them for the time being...

• Is anyone able to say how the Shredder and Perforator compare? Is there enough differences to justify buying Shredder as well?

• I have asked which AUs are on sale as I can’t tell. I think the tuner might be a few $ off.

• @robosardine said:
    Is anyone able to say how the Shredder and Perforator compare? Is there enough differences to justify buying Shredder as well?

Probably not much help but some things just “click” with me. Shredder does. Perforator not so much.

• Do any of their effects provide a good touch-wah (t-wah)?

• @Samu said:
    The only effect I'm oogling on at the moment is Turnado since it's also on sale but the question is do I like really need it?

Working with both Turnado and Effectrix for a while, I found that quick and intuitive control was more important to me than extensive FX on a UI that is actually too tiny to be fun on an iPad. Effectrix is very powerful too, the only big disadvantage is that SB still haven't updated it to AUv3.
    A common workflow for me is recording in AudioShare, processing with Effectrix IAA, then loading in Gadget or GR16.

• Nice update to AtomizerFX

• One more for the collection:
    Shimmer AUv3 Audio Plugin by 4Pockets.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/shimmer-auv3-audio-plugin/id1451968439?mt=8