Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KB-1 MIDI Keyboard from Kai Aras

Comments

• edited November 2018

So what do you love most about this?
    AU? The Layouts? MPE? Chord Pads?
    The price? (forgot that one)

This app seems to offer a lot. Just wondering which feature drew people in the most.

• is this AU only, or Stand alone as well?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    would love a @soundtestroom video on this one.

yessir

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    @lukesleepwalker I have made one and it will be live a bit later today

Very cool beans.

Double plus :)

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

yessir

-

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for the KB-1

• @sdesign said:

@White said:
    It’s hard to read the selected root and scale. Maybe I need glasses 🤔

All of his apps have a tiny font. I’ve asked him to increase the font in his synth app. Hopefully he will do this for us old (and blind) folk.

Worse than size for me is all the apps that have such low contrast that no matter what size the font is, it’s hard to read. Getting old is tough on the eyes, sigh...

• Looks great.

I wish it had drum pads with configurable notes. That would make it perfect IMO.

• Flipping heck, this is going to be an expensive month...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Flipping heck, this is going to be an expensive month...

Truth! I wish there could be a break from all the good new stuff.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

Truth! I wish there could be a break from all the good new stuff.

It’s bonkers. This year has been one of the best for new apps, but this month has just gone nuts, and sales time too!

Like someone else said - I didn’t realise I needed this app until I saw Doug’s vid.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    Using KB-1 in Split Screen Mode with Audiobus 3 controlling Roli Noise.

Nice one! I wouldn’t have thought to use split screen mode. One note - you don’t need MF Adapter any more. AB3 will show any available Virtual Midi ports as midi input sources now.

Thanks again for the vid. I can see split screen will be very helpful.

• hopefully this will be the dev to implement that big ole x'/y pad for note input emulating the ikaossilatorrrrrrr c'mon dev lets do it!!! yayyy

• Can you choose diatonic chords in chord mode?

• @sdesign said:
    Can you choose diatonic chords in chord mode?

The chord mode is diatonic. No other mode as I see it.

• @MonzoPro said:

On the bright side, maybe this is the regular price? You won't miss anything if you wait a bit?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MonzoPro said:

On the bright side, maybe this is the regular price? You won't miss anything if you wait a bit?

Yeah maybe - I’ve missed out on a few new apps recently that went up though, so I’m a bit twitchy.

This just looks very, very useful as I’m an AUM jammer - and being able to have three keyboards, one with chords, going at the same time will really improve my output, and I’ve hit a bit of a creative brick wall recently.

I’ve had a splurge already this month, plus I’ve got a few on my list for the sales....keep calm Monzo, remember the leaky roof...

• edited November 2018

Well, it's not rainy season for you guys, right? The roof can wait, can't it?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@sdesign said:

Sorry I meant does it just play triads or can you set it to diads and four-note chords?

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@sdesign said:

Sorry I meant does it just play triads or can you set it to diads and four-note chords?

good question, from what I see all the choices of chord type are three note. I mentioned to the Dev that I like to see 7th's, 11ths etc.. Currently this is not in place. I hope that will happen. You can have inversions of the current selection of chords.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I’m in Wales, it’s always rainy season ;) Winter here now, so it’s actually flood time. Fortunately we’re not near a river - know one lady who’s whole house was destroyed a few weeks back, but our roof is shagged. I daren't go up in the loft, too scared to look!

• @wim said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Using KB-1 in Split Screen Mode with Audiobus 3 controlling Roli Noise.

Nice one! I wouldn’t have thought to use split screen mode. One note - you don’t need MF Adapter any more. AB3 will show any available Virtual Midi ports as midi input sources now.

Thanks again for the vid. I can see split screen will be very helpful.

@win Thanks wasn’t aware of that in AB3.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I’m in Wales, it’s always rainy season ;) Winter here now, so it’s actually flood time. Fortunately we’re not near a river - know one lady who’s whole house was destroyed a few weeks back, but our roof is shagged. I daren't go up in the loft, too scared to look!

You have to understand my Brooklyn friend, these people wear wellies to bed.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

yessir

-

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for the KB-1

Very, very good. Both you and it! :)

• Of course this immediately cost me pocket money inside Noise. Criminal that Kai doesn't get a cut....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Even when it’s not raining.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Of course this immediately cost me pocket money inside Noise. Criminal that Kai doesn't get a cut....

How good is the range of chords? That’s what interests me about this one - being able to play chords on one thing, while tapping out a lead line on t’other.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

You have put me in mind of a band whose posters I used to see on the Lower East Side: When People Were Shorter and Lived Near the Water.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Of course this immediately cost me pocket money inside Noise. Criminal that Kai doesn't get a cut....

How good is the range of chords? That’s what interests me about this one - being able to play chords on one thing, while tapping out a lead line on t’other.

Not QUITE certain I know what you mean, but this is with 5 rows up of chords....which is fine on the Big Boy, but I'd probably usually only use it for two at most. I LOVE it when people invent something obvious and new. I am going to play this thing A LOT.

• Kind of annoying that you have to scroll one at a time through the scales rather than pick from a list. But I guess it’s OK since one doesn’t often have to do quick scale mode changes.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Not QUITE certain I know what you mean, but this is with 5 rows up of chords....which is fine on the Big Boy, but I'd probably usually only use it for two at most. I LOVE it when people invent something obvious and new. I am going to play this thing A LOT.

How do you pick what chords go on the things? For example there’s no D7 or E major in that shot.