Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KB-1 MIDI Keyboard from Kai Aras

Comments

• Great idea!

How does the chord keyboard work?
    Can I set chords like in ChordPolyPad by playing the keys I need to hit for each chord button?

• Hopefully this will open the floodgates for more AU midi keyboard / pad note input apps

• @White said:
    It’s hard to read the selected root and scale. Maybe I need glasses 🤔

All of his apps have a tiny font. I’ve asked him to increase the font in his synth app. Hopefully he will do this for us old (and blind) folk.

• edited November 2018

@Jocphone said:

@skiphunt said:
    This is one of those apps that I didn't know I needed until I actually used it. Being able to assign different synths to each different keyboard, even have different types of keyboard for each synth, and all on the screen at the same time... is awesome! I don't typically go past 3 at once, but 5 fit perfectly well on an iPad.

It's AU, but I've mostly been using it in standalone. And, full-screen AU is well implemented too.

Comes is particularly handy on a small iPhone screens too, but on an iPhone SE... more than two keyboards is kinda pushing it on a small SE screen though.

Weird. When I clicked the link it says 'Only available for iPad'

Oh... maybe he pulled the iPhone functionality for launch. It works great as standalone on the iPhone. But, if you use it as an AU on the iPhone... and you don't double-tap for full screen AU, it had issues. Just a guess, but since the iPad version was ready to go, maybe he launched it first until the iPhone layout could be better tweaked.

EDIT: I'm going to edit that original post so as not to confuse others.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Hopefully this will open the floodgates for more AU midi keyboard / pad note input apps

And/Or hardware synth control surfaces ;)

• @sdesign said:

@White said:

All of his apps have a tiny font. I’ve asked him to increase the font in his synth app. Hopefully he will do this for us old (and blind) folk.

I actually like the size of the font. Don’t see any issue with it. ☺️

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @Janosax this is the one I couldn’t talk about the other day !

• @[Deleted User] said:

@sdesign said:

@White said:

Obviously it’s a personal thing. I wear glasses and still can’t read it. Could be a contrast thing

• BRILLIANT!!!!

Finally an awesome, useful featurepacked AU MIDI Keyboard!

Ready for AUM, ready for Cubasis.... I love it!!!

Thanks @ka010

• @[Deleted User] said:

@sdesign said:

@White said:

In the AU the text in the Scale part is overlapped, it malkes it hard to read

In the standalone it looks better

• edited November 2018

@White said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@sdesign said:

@White said:

In the AU the text in the Scale part is overlapped, it malkes it hard to read

In the standalone it looks better

Yep agreed spacing there should be changed, however text size is fine IMPO.

• Same here. Can someone confirm it’s iphone compatible.

• Using KB-1 in Split Screen Mode with Audiobus 3 controlling Roli Noise.

• @Janosax said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    @Janosax this is the one I couldn’t talk about the other day !

It has been already in beta he is just ironing out the GUI scaling I believe. So I’m sure it will come to iPhone eventually only the dev knows and I think he busy pushing fixes already.

• edited November 2018

Does this somehow 'override' your keyboard within whatever app? What happens to the keyboard that is within a synth app?

• Here is my demo for the KB-1

• Got an answer from the dev - inverting y for velocity will be added as an option :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo for the KB-1

Snap!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Keenan said:
    Does this work in Cubasis? In the midis effects?

Yes, been beta testing for the last month this thing is fantastic.

How about the zoom feature in ipad? :P

• @_ki said:
    Got an answer from the dev - inverting y for velocity will be added as an option :)

Happy ending 🙂

• @Norbert said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Keenan said:
    Does this work in Cubasis? In the midis effects?

Yes, been beta testing for the last month this thing is fantastic.

How about the zoom feature in ipad? :P

Actually haven’t tried that yet.

• FYI, If you choose 2 or 3 keyboards in chord mode you get inversions 1 and 2 available.

• We are spoilt for choice on iOS now !

• yes.....the beans are very very cold with this one!

I wonder will they eventually make it universal? it would be great on an iphone plus, but maybe not a small iphone. cool stuff

• I bought the app but there are some things that happened to me that maybe has to be fixed. I tried 5 chord keyboards on zeeon and the top two keyboards did not give me any sound. And two, I don't find a way to change the chords I want as an example if I only want 7th chords or with an sus4. At least I did not find a way if there is one I would be more than grateful if anyone explains it to me. Thanks

• _ki_ki
    edited November 2018

@Prog1967 Already reported the problematic upper two rows in 5 row chord mode, so Kai will work on that too :)

Regarding 7th and sus4 i have to have a look first.

• This looks amazing but it will be far more useful to me on iPhone than iPad. Hope it goes universal soon, I'll buy immediately. I've been hoping someone would do something like this!

• does this allow any midi input for triggering the chords? Not a deal breaker if no bit would be nice :)

• @Carnbot said:
    does this allow any midi input for triggering the chords? Not a deal breaker if no bit would be nice :)

I tried with my nanokey2 and I couldn’t trigger the chords. I might have missed something but it looks like no midi input currently.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Carnbot said:
    does this allow any midi input for triggering the chords? Not a deal breaker if no bit would be nice :)

I tried with my nanokey2 and I couldn’t trigger the chords. I might have missed something but it looks like no midi input currently.

thanks, yeah was guessing that was probably the case.