Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:
    Yeah, @WillieNegus and @Janosax , thanks again.

!

• Hey anyone spy the release note for today’s update?

• @WillieNegus said:
    Hey anyone spy the release note for today’s update?

Primarily just bug fixes, but we brought back a feature that didn't make the 4.0 cut (Record Automation Mode). We'll be on to more fixes this week for the next few patches. Freeze Track and Render issues are up next!

-Restored Record Automation Mode (touch/hold or right click the transport's Record button to assign)
    -Better Automation Recording: You can now record automation changes on Audio Tracks
    -Browser Update: Don't show preset browser if no presets exists (this fixes an issue when loading certain 3rd party plugins)
    -SampleVerse: Fixed some stuck note issues
    -SampleVerse: Fixed gain initialization
    -SampleVerse: GUI recall updates
    -Fixed potential crashes with certain audio devices

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@WillieNegus said:

Primarily just bug fixes, but we brought back a feature that didn't make the 4.0 cut (Record Automation Mode). We'll be on to more fixes this week for the next few patches. Freeze Track and Render issues are up next!

-Restored Record Automation Mode (touch/hold or right click the transport's Record button to assign)
    -Better Automation Recording: You can now record automation changes on Audio Tracks
    -Browser Update: Don't show preset browser if no presets exists (this fixes an issue when loading certain 3rd party plugins)

Sounds good. Thanks Matt!

• edited November 2018

Saw new East-West type soundpack released today..

• @MatthewAtStagelight said:

@WillieNegus said:

FWIW you all are doing a bang up job on this piece of kit. Came out of no where and simplified a lot of what was jumping hoops on iOS.

You’re fitting in nicely with BM3 and soon to be released NanoStudio 2.

I think in order to own this domain you’ll need to perform that wonderful balancing act of being proactive with the community while keeping the Vision in line as you take us where you want us to go.

Good luck 🙏🏼👊🏼™️

Going to enjoy this ride for the next 12 months.

• @echoopera : If Sampleverse evolves and progresses , who knows if we’ll even need the other two? Although BM3 might storm the proceedings quite nicely. BTW that comment was well written.

• I can’t find a way to play a sampleverse synth using the 5x7 pad grid so that it records into the timeline and not a clip. It seems like if you’re using the grid, the app auto records it into a clip rather than into the timeline and I can’t figure out how to change that.

• @JonLewis said:
    I can’t find a way to play a sampleverse synth using the 5x7 pad grid so that it records into the timeline and not a clip. It seems like if you’re using the grid, the app auto records it into a clip rather than into the timeline and I can’t figure out how to change that.

Weird, just recorded Sampleverse alternately to both clip view and timeline, and recorded in either one respectively as directed. Opened to timeline view before recording into timeline if that makes a difference.

• Thanks @echoopera That's exactly what were aiming for!

FWIW you all are doing a bang up job on this piece of kit. Came out of no where and simplified a lot of what was jumping hoops on iOS.

You’re fitting in nicely with BM3 and soon to be released NanoStudio 2.

I think in order to own this domain you’ll need to perform that wonderful balancing act of being proactive with the community while keeping the Vision in line as you take us where you want us to go.

Good luck 🙏🏼👊🏼™️

Going to enjoy this ride for the next 12 months.

• I think Stagelight is a milestone for musicians and developers. It has what most users could need and it’s crossplatform filling a gap that probably big brands could follow.
    Also the pricing strategy is genius mixing the subscription model with legacy version and well priced for each platform.
    It lacks in some features but you can notice how are these wished and after implement them you could track also if there make a boost or not in sales due to iOS ecosystem particularities.

If you add a toggle for “disable AUv3 processing” (includding mac version which I’m going to buy today later) some users who appreciate the value of monolithic apps will be pleased and any inconvenience caused by them (AU) could be freezed until fix comes (like bitwig plugin isolation)

I can see a winner host/standalone app here

• edited November 2018

Is there a way to resample AUs in sampleverse or on to an audio track. I don’t see a way to configure the input in either way. Like right now I can only select the devices mic. I’d like to resample like in Ableton Live or at least like BM3s sampler. The goal is to record Ruismaker Noir on to an audio track. A couple days ago I couldn’t figure out to assign the LFOs so I’m hoping it’s a me thing again.

• @Littlewoodg were you performing on the grid or the keyboard?

• edited November 2018

Is it possible to sequence external MIDI gear? Can you choose a specific MIDI input and output for MIDI tracks? Can you record and edit MIDI CC?

• edited November 2018

@JonLewis said:
    @Littlewoodg were you performing on the grid or the keyboard?

Sampleverse grid. I was trying to figure out settings that might be allowing me to use the grid to record into timeline...
    Then I remembered I’m on the beta, (doh!)

Are you using the patch that dropped yesterday?
    If so and it’s still not working, then whatever patch I’m on (which is already pulled off TestFlight in preparation for release) fixes it...

@soundshaper said:
    Is it possible to sequence external MIDI gear? Can you choose a specific MIDI input and output for MIDI tracks? Can you record and edit MIDI CC?

Not sure about cc yet, haven’t delved

• How do you delete unused tracks on left?

When hold on grid piece import midi is only option.

Can someone help on this please.

Thanks

• @RUST( i )K said:

How do you delete unused tracks on left?

Thanks

I would appreciate some direction also...only way I’ve found is in mixer view tapping freeze icon to bring up menu which is clumbsy. Haven’t found a way in the view you’re in.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Thanks

The little arrow at bottom left reveals track controls. For each of the tracks you'd like to delete, tap on the cog wheel and select "delete".

• @RUST( i )K said:

Thanks

Click the little arrow thing on lower left, then click on the cog wheel just above the pan, then at the bottom there's an option for delete track

• @Approach +1 for resampling. Freezing would be one way to resample but freeze doesn’t render midi to audio.

• @ecamburn said:
    @Approach +1 for resampling. Freezing would be one way to resample but freeze doesn’t render midi to audio.

I think it does

• @sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:
    @Approach +1 for resampling. Freezing would be one way to resample but freeze doesn’t render midi to audio.

I think it does

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's not what I'm seeing. I see MIDI grayed out, not audio (see below). If the midi had been rendered to audio, I would expect that when you open up the editor on a frozen track that you'd be able to edit the rendered audio. Instead you're just presented with the dialog asking if you want to unfreeze the track. To be clear, I'm expecting the behavior to be something like Ableton Live's "flatten" process. It's cool if freezing in SL saves CPU, but I'm not seeing a way to access rendered audio data. Please enlighten me if I'm missing something.

• @ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's not what I'm seeing. I see MIDI grayed out, not audio (see below). If the midi had been rendered to audio, I would expect that when you open up the editor on a frozen track that you'd be able to edit the rendered audio. Instead you're just presented with the dialog asking if you want to unfreeze the track. To be clear, I'm expecting the behavior to be something like Ableton Live's "flatten" process. It's cool if freezing in SL saves CPU, but I'm not seeing a way to access rendered audio data. Please enlighten me if I'm missing something.

Look in the files app, in the StageLight folder

• edited November 2018

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Thanks but meh. Any other DAW I've ever worked in allows you to access the rendered audio directly in the DAW's GUI. Clunky workflow IMO.

• @ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Thanks but meh. Any other DAW I've ever worked in allows you to access the rendered audio directly in the DAW's GUI. Clunky workflow IMO

Yes I agree, more of a workaround. Maybe put in a support ticket. They are quite responsive to feature requests.

• @sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Thanks but meh. Any other DAW I've ever worked in allows you to access the rendered audio directly in the DAW's GUI. Clunky workflow IMO

Yes I agree, more of a workaround. Maybe put in a support ticket. They are quite responsive to feature requests.

Good idea. I put in a support ticket on MIDI import. Importing MIDI into a loop view cell wasn't working. They replied and said importing into the timeline view does work. It does, but another kind of work around. I had a great experience with them nonetheless. I think SL has a lot of potential and am happy to work with the devs to try to improve it.

• @ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Good idea. I put in a support ticket on MIDI import. Importing MIDI into a loop view cell wasn't working. They replied and said importing into the timeline view does work. It does, but another kind of work around. I had a great experience with them nonetheless. I think SL has a lot of potential and am happy to work with the devs to try to improve it.

I couldn’t get midi import to work with a file I exported from Troublemaker. It just imported one note. Are they looking into it?

• edited November 2018

Midi importing to a loop cell does work - but on;y if the files being imported is a one track only file. and SL sees it as such.

Oddly if you take a troublemaker export and import the midi file into Fl Studio then select show tracks it has 3 tracks one of the midi notes and 2 extra tracks for midi ccs. And it doesn’t import into a loop cell.

A commercial loop that when imported into FL has the show tracks option grayed out loads into SL fine.

• @ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Thanks but meh. Any other DAW I've ever worked in allows you to access the rendered audio directly in the DAW's GUI. Clunky workflow IMO.

Maybe deliberate. Not tested this but what gets exported to the cloud. It maybe a good way to get non existent iOS auv3 onto the pc or Mac versions and vice versa for VSTs

• @BiancaNeve said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

@sdesign said:

@ecamburn said:

I think it does

Maybe deliberate. Not tested this but what gets exported to the cloud. It maybe a good way to get non existent iOS auv3 onto the pc or Mac versions and vice versa for VSTs

I tested this the other day. The frozen audio is uploaded to the cloud so you can still hear those tracks on desktop version. Add a few tracks from your VST’s freeze them and transfer back to your iPad.