Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stagelight is live on the App Store!

Comments

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport just did a referral for a colleague but she didn’t get the email confirmation and signed up at the app. Will I still get the referral credit?
    I’ve been referring a lot of my musician friends.

Check your DM and let me know if she's able to log in now.

• She did, but I think she messed up, when she signed my referral link, she didn’t download from that same page but instead went to the android play store and downloaded it from there and signed into the app with her email. Don’t know if that messed up the referral.

@OpenLabstechsupport said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    @OpenLabstechsupport just did a referral for a colleague but she didn’t get the email confirmation and signed up at the app. Will I still get the referral credit?
    I’ve been referring a lot of my musician friends.

Check your DM and let me know if she's able to log in now.

• Might be worth mentioning that there is a 75% off sale on IAP content.

A way to spend the credits you got with the iOS unlock maybe. :)

• Who’s got the 411 on which packs if any are tasty?

• I know this is a dumb question, but I can't find where to log on to Stagelight to buy the Mac version. I have credits from buying the iOS one so would like to put those towards it. Would appreciate anyone pointing me towards the right place.

• If you download the free mac version it will have you login when you launch, then you can get to the store

• Thanks man!

• For those that are still interested in purchasing Stagelight for multiple devices, I just went to the Stagelight store inside the free version for IOS and purchased the minimum amount of credit I needed (I already had $6.00 credit) which was a $29.99 & $14.99 Store Credit. I then went to my Mac free version of Stagelight and bought the full version, got the 30 free credits and went back to my iPad and got that full version.
    I was told by the developer yesterday that the bug that allows you to do this is still there but will probably be fixed in one of the next updates.
    Bottom line? I got the full version for my Mac and IOS devices for $43.99 and still have $26 in store credit. Great deal for all that you get IMHO!

• @Littlewoodg said:

@soundshaper said:
    Is it possible to sequence external MIDI gear? Can you choose a specific MIDI input and output for MIDI tracks? Can you record and edit MIDI CC?

Not sure about cc yet, haven’t delved

I’m still not able to receive any MIDI from a track sending to my Sub 37. I’ve included its port in the Outputs, but I can’t find where to specific the MIDI out port for a specific track.

• @Philh0954 said:
    For those that are still interested in purchasing Stagelight for multiple devices, I just went to the Stagelight store inside the free version for IOS and purchased the minimum amount of credit I needed (I already had $6.00 credit) which was a $29.99 & $14.99 Store Credit. I then went to my Mac free version of Stagelight and bought the full version, got the 30 free credits and went back to my iPad and got that full version.
    I was told by the developer yesterday that the bug that allows you to do this is still there but will probably be fixed in one of the next updates.
    Bottom line? I got the full version for my Mac and IOS devices for $43.99 and still have $26 in store credit. Great deal for all that you get IMHO!

Yes me too. I purchased $10 and used that with the $6 credit to purchase full iOS unlock.

Spent the extra credit awards unlocking content at $1 a time.

Very impressed, Stagelight is so much better than I expected it to be :)

• @OpenLabstechsupport hello there. How are you all doing over there?
    I have a couple of issue over here.
    1. It looks like sometimes I can’t change the Oder of my tracks.for example if I have an audio unit under a drum track,it looks like I can’t move the audio unit up.this has happen different times.
    Please watch the video for better understanding

1. when I create a user drum kit,and load it then duplicate the track,I can’t hear my samples on the duplicated track.i have to open the drum editor and then reloaded the drum kit.is it supposed to be like that?
      Please watch the video for better understanding

And thanks in advance for the reply
  • This app is totally awesome!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    This app is totally awesome!

Agreed.

• I can’t seem to get a track to send MIDI on any channel other than 1, even though I have Force MIDI Output Channel set to 2, as well as External MIDI Output Channel. This is on Mac btw. Can anyone replicate this?

• edited November 2018

is $14.99 todays price or regular price?

and minus the content..... what extra features come with $14.99?

also does stagelight have follow actions ??

• @soundshaper said:
    I can’t seem to get a track to send MIDI on any channel other than 1, even though I have Force MIDI Output Channel set to 2, as well as External MIDI Output Channel. This is on Mac btw. Can anyone replicate this?

Cross track midi doesn't work as yet.

• @kobamoto said:
    is $14.99 todays price or regular price?

Regular price.

and minus the content..... what extra features come with $14.99?

Mainly AUv3 unlock and lots and lots of places more advanced features such as LFOs and FX are unlocked. Without the unlock you can pretty much only manipulate the filter on any of the built-in stuff. The best thing to do is download it, poke around, and see wherever it says a feature is locked.

also does stagelight have follow actions ??

Just one scene to the next, and number of loops before advancing. Nothing more fancy than that, and per scene, not per clip.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@soundshaper said:
    I can’t seem to get a track to send MIDI on any channel other than 1, even though I have Force MIDI Output Channel set to 2, as well as External MIDI Output Channel. This is on Mac btw. Can anyone replicate this?

Actually i can send a midi clip to another track. What i can’t do is have a midi clip playback and send out to external gear on any channel other than channel 1, regardless of the settings.

• thanks a lot wim this is a great start, it's looking like stagelight might be the one the prophecies spoke of. I wonder how much Ableton mangleness we'll be able to get out of this before the politics set in... surely Ableton will balk

• With all the options to get free credits and by doing some referrals, I scored on this app and paid $4.99!! What an awesome deal and thanks to the cool devs for making it all possible!
    And to top it off once I bought out, they gave me $10 extra free credits to get content; amazing!

@kobamoto said:
    thanks a lot wim this is a great start, it's looking like stagelight might be the one the prophecies spoke of. I wonder how much Ableton mangleness we'll be able to get out of this before the politics set in... surely Ableton will balk

• wow how did you do that?

• @soundshaper said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@soundshaper said:

Actually i can send a midi clip to another track. What i can’t do is have a midi clip playback and send out to external gear on any channel other than channel 1, regardless of the settings.

hopefully this will get sorted soon

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@kobamoto said:
    thanks a lot wim this is a great start, it's looking like stagelight might be the one the prophecies spoke of. I wonder how much Ableton mangleness we'll be able to get out of this before the politics set in... surely Ableton will balk

Eh. It’s not the promised one, just the voice of one crying out in the wilderness saying “make straight the paths...”

It’s a fairly nice cross-platform DAW with a step sequencer for drums and a clip/scene launcher. Other than that it isn’t anything super special IMO. It does combine a lot of the important things I miss from other DAWs, or that I like about other DAWs that otherwise I don’t care for (Garage Band, FLSM). So it does it a hit sweet spot for me, but only in a rather basic way. I expect to get a lot of creative use out of it, but I can’t say it excites me exceedingly.

Definitely worth the iOS price though.

• @wim : Perhaps the extra content of one goes full in on “Stagepass” might make a difference? This might be a nice app fully loaded methinks .

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @wim : Perhaps the extra content of one goes full in on “Stagepass” might make a difference? This might be a nice app fully loaded methinks .

Nah, not for me. I’m not much of a sample pack guy. I haven’t even spent the $20 in credits I ended up with after the Windows and Android unlocks. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good app.

• Oh I am for sure! I like to have me shelves fully stocked. Preferably with the house brand .

• edited November 2018

Does anyone know if you can change the assigned midi note on a drum in the drum track? My mpk mk2 controls the top row fine but not the bottom row. By default SL goes from c3 upwards I believe.

• edited November 2018

Anyone using SampleVerse? I have a couple questions...

1) Where you set the destination of the LFO?

2) Each oscillator has a modulation envelope, but I can’t understand what is being modulated? I can’t hear difference to the sound when adjusting the envelope.

Thanks!

• Hello guys how are you all doing?is it normal for the buffer size to be stuck on 256 ?before the update if I’m not mistaking , I could change the buffer size.but now I’m stuck on 256 no option to choose different size
    I am on iPad Pro 10.5
    Latest iOS version